Thread: Not a bad batttery life. And a hats off to the AA.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600

Not a bad batttery life. And a hats off to the AA.

I have known for a while that the battery in the bike was ailing. And this morning it finally died. At the gas station (PaknSave Supermarket pumps in Mill St, Te Tron). Started up fine at home (welll...slow crank but started)). After filling the tank it could only just turn the bike over, but no start. Push start didn't work either.

This was the original battery - made in Japan by Furukawa Battery Co. It has lasted 9 years and 92,000km. Which I consider to be pretty good.

I know it is fashionable on here to slag off the AA, but since I have been paying them for years with very few callouts, I gave them a call.

The dude was there within five minutes. Owner of two bikes himself, of English heritage, he sorted everything quick smart. Really interesting to talk to (he's raced at Isle of Man), he certainly gave a great impression of AA service. So just maybe the AA is not as anti bike as some seem to think.

New battery followed ($80 from Boyds). Cranks engine over about 10 times better than the old one. But probably won't last 9 years...
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Your GSXR has done 92000kms? Hats off to you!

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    Your GSXR has done 92000kms? Hats off to you!
    Well, yeah, thanks. I don't buy 'em just to park on the footpath for others to ogle...
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    '13 Repsol Thou'
    I've just replaced the battery on my '13 repsol. So battery lasted 4 years, it was slowly degrading despite being on a smart charger.

The battery on the 600 seemed to last longer which was an 08 and I never replaced the battery on that. Unsure if it had been replaced before I got it.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEU View Post
    Turns out I was just being a n00b.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by G4L4XY View Post
    I've just replaced the battery on my '13 repsol. So battery lasted 4 years, it was slowly degrading despite being on a smart charger.

The battery on the 600 seemed to last longer which was an 08 and I never replaced the battery on that. Unsure if it had been replaced before I got it.
    Mine is 08 as well. Musta been a good vintage.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Yes , mine lasted 10 yrs and 40 kms on the K6.
    Replaced it with a Motobatt (yellow thing.) Which for some reason died after 6 mths ?? Shop replaced it no problem, with another make.
    Funny things batteries , can last 5 mins or years !!!

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Thread Information