Thread: Fuel Fuse keeps blowing on Suzuki boulevard

Bike
    2007 Suzuki Boulavard C50

Unhappy Fuel Fuse keeps blowing on Suzuki boulevard

my Suzuki c50 boulevard keeps blowing the fuel fuse 2007 c50 model.
    Rode to work all good and went to start it up . No fuel light or fuel meter. Found blown fuse replace rode home. then in the morning blown again.
    I know it is shorting some where, but any one have any ideas where to stark looking?
    Last thing I want to do is fork out $$ at a bike shop.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Replace the fuse then switch it on in the dark. Any short should be seen ... however briefly.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    suzuki
    wiring diagram

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    Yeah wiring diagram makes life easier. That fuse probably runs other stuff too, and the fault might be on any of that other stuff.
    If the fuse doesn't blow straight away then you could have an intermittent fault and that's harder to trace. Bugger. Maybe caused by vibration while the bike is running. Maybe...
    Obviously start by buying more fuses. Keep using the correct size, too small and it might just blow on overload, too big and you might have a boulevard bbq.
    Give the wiring loom a general check over for chaffing and loose stuff.
    Then try to isolate the fault a bit, like disconnect the things that fuse is meant to run and see if the fuse still blows tomorrow. If it doesn't blow then you know the fault is in what is disconnected and vice versa. If you have a meter and know how to use it then it could be useful.
    Remember to tape up anything you disconnect, so it doesn't short against anything else, otherwise you'll be looking for two faults
    I've traced lots of similar faults over the years and it's often something small and easy to miss first time... so keep looking!

Oh and have you added anything electrical recently? Or ever? Cos dollar to a doughnut it'll be those heated grips or GPS you chucked on last year before that big trip...
    High miles, engine knock, rusty chrome, worn pegs...
    Brakes as new

Bike
    2018 Moto Guzzi V9
    I had one that did that. It turned out to be a wire with worn insulation down by the kickstand switch. So it could be anywhere really.
    SIGN HERE X

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    It's like watching a train wreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    What a soft cock, who wears pants when posting on facebook?

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by skinman View Post
    I had one that did that. It turned out to be a wire with worn insulation down by the kickstand switch. So it could be anywhere really.
    Yeah there or around the steering head / handle bars. Wiggle shit and see if it pops (bit like sex really)

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by skinman View Post
    the kickstand switch.
    how dare you call it a kickstand, boulevard owners refer to them as their prop stand, or occasionally a side stand.

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    how dare you call it a kickstand, boulevard owners refer to them as their prop stand, or occasionally a side stand.
    Well if it keeps stopping and blowing fuses it will be the stand its on when it gets a good kicking...

Thread Information