Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clutch master cylinder Hydrlic clutch cleaning

Bike
    RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    Hi i just brought a second hand main master cylider for my Vfr 750 i got a repair kit for the slave seals .

still having no luck think there may be gunk in the workings . dryed brake fulid . whats a good cleaner to use .

I cleaned parts in the past been awhile i assume brake cleaner i looked at supercheap but there mentioning brake dust.

I just need something to clean the inner piston .

Thanks in advance
    I got an ultrasonic cleaner off tme for my carbs and did my front brake master in it before I did the kit ... worked all good.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ojyamaha View Post
    I got an ultrasonic cleaner off tme for my carbs and did my front brake master in it before I did the kit ... worked all good.

Sounds cool did alot of crap come out of the carbs i looked at videos on you tube about them . even home made ones .

Anyways I got new master clutch seals done yesterday got the kit cheaper from my local bike shop cheaper than if i brought of ebay.

Plus he had it in stock so awsome . clutch is great know . so it phew finish putting the throttle cables back and i can finally ride it again.

Did the Unit cost alot.

Bike
    RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    Sounds cool did alot of crap come out of the carbs i looked at videos on you tube about them . even home made ones .

Anyways I got new master clutch seals done yesterday got the kit cheaper from my local bike shop cheaper than if i brought of ebay.

Plus he had it in stock so awsome . clutch is great know . so it phew finish putting the throttle cables back and i can finally ride it again.

Did the Unit cost alot.
    All the fuel deposits that had stuck to the bowls came off after about an hour in the cleaner . I used simple green in the cleaner set about 80 degrees from memory. I also once cleaned used some canned air to blow out the passages in the carbs, these are two stroke ones. There are different size cleaners on tme I paid $270 for a 2 litre size one I think. The couple of bits of parts dirty with oil and grim I cleaned a couple of times changing the water and new detergent. Important I am told not to use a caustic type cleaner.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ojyamaha View Post
    All the fuel deposits that had stuck to the bowls came off after about an hour in the cleaner . I used simple green in the cleaner set about 80 degrees from memory. I also once cleaned used some canned air to blow out the passages in the carbs, these are two stroke ones. There are different size cleaners on tme I paid $270 for a 2 litre size one I think. The couple of bits of parts dirty with oil and grim I cleaned a couple of times changing the water and new detergent. Important I am told not to use a caustic type cleaner.

Yes your right the caustic type cleaner with a die cast type alloy carb body u chould pit the surface real bad quickly.yes very cool . what i have read.

There alot of unseen gallerys in the carbs so thats the benifet of that mehod .

thanks for the info 270.00 is affordable and your leaning as you go so win win.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    This must be 99th sign of madness replying to my own post ;-)

Turns out i had two clutch shudder steel seats in place plus the judder spring opps . system is fine know ;-)

Plus the master clutch cylinder seal replacement fixed the pressure issue.

Thread Information