Thread: New member, want advise on sl125

Bike
    1995 Honda giorno, 1990-93 Dr 250s

New member, want advise on sl125

Hi there,

I'm 17 year old who is mad into anything that moves with an engine. Most recently motorbikes. I currently own 3, well, 2 motorbikes and a scooter. The scooter (1995 Honda girono(Hondas plastic take on the Vespa)) was a gimmick bought solely for the purpose of riding 5 hours each way to brass monkey last year but has managed to stay with me. It is stickered up to look like a racing bike. With numbers 22 on the front and back, huge maxxis stickers, Skope classic stickers, and vairous other stickers and badges found around the place. One of which is a vetch badge which if you know anything on what vetch is, you know it's impossible with a 2 stroke.

Anyway of my other two bikes, I have a dr250s(e?) 1996-98 I think. Which goes well and I have recently changed fork seals drive chain and did a whole tear down cause I was bored one day.

My other bike, I'm even less sure what exactly it is. It's a Honda sl125. It's been in the family for a while now and was originally bought of a farmer who said he was going to send all the documentation in the mail And it never arrived. About 5 years ago I wanted to start something so I decided to try my hand at motorbikes... this was my first "restoration" all I really did was pull everything of the frame, remove paint and some rust, paint it answers put everything back to gether. I cleaned the carb and got it running just. It has since sat in garage. From memory, the clutch doesn't engage fully. This is the biggest issue with it, it has simple things wrong like a snapped front brake cable, which is an easy fix but could be expensive to do. This is where I need some help. I really want to get this on the road again. But seen as its man old bike is it considered a collectable and it would be a sacrilege to turn it into a scrambler on a budget or wither sell it on to someone to return it to its former glory or do it myself, once again on a budget... (also I know what I'm doing now more that I did back 5years ago)

I don't know if they are any use but here are the numbers on the SL
    Frame Number: Sl125S-1127170
    Engine Number:Sl1125SE 1126769

Any help would be gratefully appreciated on the SL impiticular

Might post some photos when I get home.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    cheap? just chuck some stickers on it bro

it was teh predecessor the the xl. parts may be compatible.

get your ass a job. could be as simple as 2 cables (clutch and brake) and at least one of those things you dont want to cheap out on.

but i'd be clocking the drums and putting new shoes. the fucken things 40 years old fucksake.

also stab some holes in the muffler with a screwdriver. (or put a way baws can on it)

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    cheap? just chuck some stickers on it bro

it was teh predecessor the the xl. parts may be compatible.

get your ass a job. could be as simple as 2 cables (clutch and brake) and at least one of those things you dont want to cheap out on.

but i'd be clocking the drums and putting new shoes. the fucken things 40 years old fucksake.

also stab some holes in the muffler with a screwdriver. (or put a way baws can on it)
    I have got a full time job, but small issue is that all my money is saving for a trip to England in a months time.

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    You'll actually find that a lot of bits for the SL are generic across a few of the smaller Hondas like the XL100-125, CT125, CG110-125
    The front brake cable is a 120cm and the same fitment for the above models

Bike
    less than I used to have
    You sound quite keen in your quest, keep it up.
    If the keenness keeps on keeping on when you get down to pulling out the clutch and like stuff and you know what you need, I could probably help with parts. Nothing new about my parts but I have a lot of shit for XL, CG 100's and 125's. It is all old shit actually. I'm not really wanting anything in return, just another keen motorcyclist doing shit is enough.

I probably have cables, etc

Wasn't the SL 125 E a CDI ignition?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    You sound quite keen in your quest, keep it up.
    If the keenness keeps on keeping on when you get down to pulling out the clutch and like stuff and you know what you need, I could probably help with parts. Nothing new about my parts but I have a lot of shit for XL, CG 100's and 125's. It is all old shit actually. I'm not really wanting anything in return, just another keen motorcyclist doing shit is enough.

I probably have cables, etc

That's awesome, thanks man.

It will still probably be a couple months away yet.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post

points, muthafukah.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    points, muthafukah.
    ...k...

Thread Information