Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Ride Forever courses via prorider.co.nz

Bike
    2019 BMW S1000XR

Free Ride Forever courses via prorider.co.nz

Hi guys.. Not sure if you've seen it, but ProRider are offering a coupon for free Ride Forever courses. If you haven't yet done a Ride Forever course, you should do!

If you book through prorider.co.nz and use the coupon "SPRING17" they're free. Usually, they're between $20-$50 (they're already subsidised by ACC). Looks like you can book them right up until December and still use the coupon.

It's basically a full-day training on riding technique. I did the silver before getting my full license and was highly impressed, learnt way more than I thought I would.

Bike
    R1200RT LC

Bike
    2019 BMW S1000XR
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    It's a nationwide thing.
    Ah, really? I hadn't heard. Just saw the promo email I got in my inbox and thought I'd share. Apologies for any confusion.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by jfnz View Post
    Ah, really? I hadn't heard. Just saw the promo email I got in my inbox and thought I'd share. Apologies for any confusion.
    No bother. Always good to share such info.

Bike
    1999 Honda Hornet CB600FX
    That's a pretty damn good offer. Even at $20-$50 those all-day courses are pretty affordable, but making them available for free is hopefully a good incentive for more people.
    ---------------------------
    Disclaimer: Any lapses in spelling, tact, or fact are transmission errors.
    ---------------------------

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    everybody should do them.....

and regularly keep doing them to...

great scheme!

Nobody has ever learned enough....

( Except for the big C...)
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now

Cool

A good deal became an unmissable bargain! I'm in.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by jfnz View Post
    Hi guys.. Not sure if you've seen it, but ProRider are offering a coupon for free Ride Forever courses.
    Cant find coupon on website and nothing North of Albany

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    http://www.prorider.co.nz/event-template/?eventtemplate=8-Gold-Ride-Forever-Course

The web form asks if you have a coupon code during the booking process - can't remember exactly when.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzaH View Post
    http://www.prorider.co.nz/event-template/?eventtemplate=8-Gold-Ride-Forever-Course

The web form asks if you have a coupon code during the booking process - can't remember exactly when.
    Sorry click on your link and site cannot be reached?

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    Sorry - I messed up the URL. http://www.prorider.co.nz/event-temp...Forever-Course

Or just visit the prorider.co.nz site and search for courses in your area

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    When Ride Forever started ACC wanted to make the courses free. But there's a problem with free stuff. People don't value free stuff.

Like, someone books a course for free. On the morning, they decide they can't be arsed. That prevents someone else from taking the booking.

So a nominal charge gets some commitment.

Bike
    '13 Repsol Thou'
    Got mine all booked which is actually tomorrow now and the weather doesn't look too flash

Yay emergency braking in the wet!

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEU View Post
    Turns out I was just being a n00b.

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    Weather today was excellent. We met at a cafe in Napier at 9am, sat in the sun chatting about what we wanted from the day while we waited for another rider (who didn't show), fitted the radio headsets and the three of us tootled off to Taihape for lunch. A few drizzly spells barely made the road wet on the Gentle Annie twisties, then it was sun all the way.

Stuart, one of the two baldies, gave us a few pointers along the way from his vantage point at the rear - little comments, suggestions and explanations, the odd word of encouragement, all very positive and supportive, unpressured. At lunch we chatted some more about bikes and riding techniques, swapped the odd bikey story on the way back, received our gold course certificates and all too soon I was home, another 330 km on the clock, a big smile on my face and the day done.

I was pretty vague about what I expected with no specific objectives other than regaining my confidence as a returning biker. And that's what I got - my riding became smoother, better controlled, more relaxed. I tried different lines through the corners and gradually got better at judging the right road and engine speeds during the course of the day. I need more practice yet but now I have some pointers to things I will continue working on.

My confidence would have improved a little doing a 330 km ride by myself but with Stuart's guidance and encouragement I feel I made a bigger step forward, a booster. I've taken a couple of longer journeys lately and didn't achieve as much as I did today. On top of that, it was a fun day, well worthwhile. I might even get a reduced insurance premium at the next renewal, a nice bonus as well as being a more confident and safer biker.

If you're willing to learn and keen to improve, I'm happy to recommend Two Bald Bikers from Wellington. They offer a series of courses from absolute beginners to custom sessions for individuals and groups. [Other trainers exist. Small parts present a choking hazard. Hot coffee can scald. Do not run with scissors.]

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Is this a free ride forever course? or a dangerous group ride

https://www.facebook.com/SPORTbible/...2472621898252/

Thread Information