Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motorcycle restricted test

Bike
    bike
    Quote Originally Posted by HEsch View Post
    My CBTA Restricted test was just over an hour of riding. Definitely not an obstacle course, we would have covered 50-80 kms in that hour (I didn't keep track).
    I know what the cbta test is like, don't know what the regular one is like

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    Quote Originally Posted by HEsch View Post
    My CBTA Restricted test was just over an hour of riding. Definitely not an obstacle course, we would have covered 50-80 kms in that hour (I didn't keep track).
    Mine was exactly the same. And I had done one hour of training with the assessor just before as well. It made me calm down and get used to someone following me with instructions!

Bike
    xt660r
    I did the standard Restricted test via VTNZ at the start of the year. standard? very low, i found as long as you did head checks, and were within the law, you passed, it really was no test of your ability to ride or anything like that, rode around the streets a bit, 50km/hr mostly, couple U-turns (but in a cul-de-sac so nothing else to worry about), only roundabout included was a straight through.

Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    As I mentioned, I can't speak for the standard test.

I know that when you do a CBTA test, you are expected to ride to a CBTA standard. Which is very difficult to do without attending the suggested ACC Ride Forever course. It's hard to know what you are being assessed on without doing the course to find out.

That's the hook of the time discount you get for doing a CBTA assessment. It almost makes you do a Ride Forever course. Call it a bribe, call ity what you like, I've yet to have someone attend a course they haven't gained a few things from.

I just don't know what standard is applied by the standard test.

Thread Information