Thread: re registering a moped

Bike
    1994 Suzuki Sepia Address

re registering a moped

Hi all
    I have 1994 Suzuki Sepia Address 50cc that has been de registered (lapsed)
    In wondering how much it costs to re-register it and what is needed for it
    i have the plate for it but the reg is dead and it was previously registered as a moped

Bike
    2016 Honda ST1300,86/87 XJ900F,
    Its all in here

http://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.n...n-class-la,-lb

Good luck

Cost between $100-$150

Bike
    so sounds like i just need to come up with a proof of ownership

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Boosly View Post
    so sounds like i just need to come up with a proof of ownership
    You can do a statutory deceleration as long as its been registered in NZ before ( get one from your local compliance center fill it in and get it witnessed by a JP or go to the local court etc. )

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by biggo View Post
    You can do a statutory deceleration as long as its been registered in NZ before ( get one from your local compliance center fill it in and get it witnessed by a JP or go to the local court etc. )
    I have contacted the dude who i bought the scooter off and he has sent me an email of proof of sale or something. it says his name, address the scooter plate number date of sale and his mobile number. and it also states that i am the one who now owns it

is this also a proof of owner ship that will work for re registering. he was the last person the scooter was registered to.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Boosly View Post
    I have contacted the dude who i bought the scooter off and he has sent me an email of proof of sale or something. it says his name, address the scooter plate number date of sale and his mobile number. and it also states that i am the one who now owns it

is this also a proof of owner ship that will work for re registering. he was the last person the scooter was registered to.

Signed Receipt from last registered owner is ok . VIRM extract below ......

The following documents may be used as proof of a clear ownership trail for a vehicle undergoing the re-registration process:

a signed receipt from the last registered owner
    an original buyer tax invoice from some auction organisations as detailed in Reference material 69)
    a signed statutory declaration. Note that there is no set format, but a statutory declaration must include the following statements:
    1. ‘Solemnly and sincerely declare/affirm that’, and

2. ‘I make this solemn declaration conscientiously declaring the same to be true and by virtue of the Oaths and Declarations Act 1957’.

In all cases the person presenting the vehicle for re-registration must be the person listed on the supplied documentation and the following information must also be listed:

the vehicle’s make, model, VIN/chassis number
    date of purchase
    Name and address of seller (in the case of a Turners Auctions invoice, the Turners Auctions letterhead is acceptable).

Thread Information