Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swiss couple reaching NZ after one year trip through Central Asia and India

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Usually pretty good!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    KTM 640 Enduro
    Hi Guys, we are near Rotorua & you are welcome to come stay if we are home.

My partner Rosie & I have done a lot of offroad touring & camping around NZ so we should be able to give you some ideas for good places to go as you head south.

Definitely leave Northland for April, the weather is usually fairly good up there around then, while the South Island can be starting to get a few frosty mornings.

Cheers
    Clint

Bike
    2005, Yamaha XT660R
    Quote Originally Posted by clint640 View Post
    Hi Guys, we are near Rotorua & you are welcome to come stay if we are home.

My partner Rosie & I have done a lot of offroad touring & camping around NZ so we should be able to give you some ideas for good places to go as you head south.

Definitely leave Northland for April, the weather is usually fairly good up there around then, while the South Island can be starting to get a few frosty mornings.

Cheers
    Clint
    Hey Clint and thanks so much, we will contact you as soon as we know when we will around Rotorua We are looking forward to some inputs from locals, as they always have some hidden gems they know about

Yeah we will spend February up to mid March in the South and then head back up to the North Island for the rest of March and April before we ship to OZ. We hope we are a bit lucky with the weather as we hear that you get a lot of rain in summer and autumn. We have no problem with rain in general but if it rains for days it gets a bit uncomfi in the tent

Bike
    TL1000S
    Quote Originally Posted by XT Adventures View Post
    Hey Clint and thanks so much, we will contact you as soon as we know when we will around Rotorua We are looking forward to some inputs from locals, as they always have some hidden gems they know about

Yeah we will spend February up to mid March in the South and then head back up to the North Island for the rest of March and April before we ship to OZ. We hope we are a bit lucky with the weather as we hear that you get a lot of rain in summer and autumn. We have no problem with rain in general but if it rains for days it gets a bit uncomfi in the tent
    Hey XT's, how are you doing? Have you made it to NZ yet?

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

Bike
    RC36, WR, RS250, GSXR1000, Duke250, IZH
    Looks like didn't make it or couldn't get data!

Maybe problems with the carnet de passages

Thread Information