Page 18 of 70 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Road toll - Police stupid obsession blaming speed

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Boy View Post
    It's something of a circular argument this one.

Additionally the UK has repeatedly seen a rise in the number of unlicenced and uninsured drivers as they are simply more inclined to take the chance owing to the prohibitive nature of the costs involved.

I've yet to see the road toll figures which came about over the recent holiday period and how they trended. I suspect the numbers were lower as the media hasn't taken much interest in them...

As ever with such things it's a complicated beast which will garner 7 different solutions if you were to ask 6 different people.
    That's more or less the same observation as I've made, as no doubt many European ex-pats have. Make insurance compulsory, lower enforcement standards and nett result is similar to what we have in NZ. Unlicensed drivers in uninsured/unregistered cars. Is this where the bulk of road trauma originates from? My educated guess is no, although there will always be high profile examples of exactly that.

The lowering of the average rider/driver standard bugs me more.

But hey, we're both taking as much action on that as is possible on a personal level, wishing/hoping officialdom will catch up

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    At last someone who can see merit in higher financial penalties/insuranace to improve safety. I think all those on here who do not want to see increased penalties are just frightened of being found at fault and having to face higher ACC premiums/fines themselves.
    you're a fuckwit

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Boy View Post
    Having spent years riding and driving in the UK I agree that the higher costs, whether they be for insurance, rego costs or anything else motoring-related are effective at keeping younger/inexperienced drivers out of vehicles that could possibly be too much for them to handle effectively on the road.
    see, i think that's some horseshit. as with anything else in life, you acquire the skills to do shit effectively. displacement and HP are irrelevant, really.
    I know 12 year olds i'd trust to drive my drunk ass home in a 6 litre v8,
    and every time in auckland, i cringe that somehow these fuckwits have obtained a licence but I wouldn't trust them with my lawnmower, let alone the fucking 1.6lt turbo SUV wankfuck that they have "cos safety"
    just have a look within 200kms of any town, they're lowering the speed limits - because these fuckwits take their traffic on holiday, and still drive into each other! and that's fuckall to do with youth. though obviously lacking the education/experience to handle their shit effectively

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    The lowering of the average rider/driver standard bugs me more.

But hey, we're both taking as much action on that as is possible on a personal level, wishing/hoping officialdom will catch up
    vote akzle

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    blah blah blah.......

You are a fuckwit

Have to agree with Akzle on this one
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    So calling people who have ideas to improve road safety fuckwits makes you think you are brighter than them but all it does is demonstrate what a fuckwit you actually are yourself.
    Umm dunno. If we're having a vote to see who is elected fuckwit I'm not voting awayatc. I'm voting Cassina.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    So calling people who have ideas to improve road safety fuckwits makes you think you are brighter than them but all it does is demonstrate what a fuckwit you actually are yourself.
    No. Axle is a cock womble. You are a paid up, bona fide, card carrying, fuckwit. Big difference. Vast!

It's not the dangerous amoebic drivel you post, it's the undertone that you treat our road safety as a puzzle to be solved rather than a situation to improve. Subscription to that mag with a chick on the front holding a crossword puzzle?

If, somehow, it was possible for you to understand that legislation and financial penalty is not being effective in road safety, you would start advocating the death penalty.

S.Troll on.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Maybe if fines etc were higher they would be effective. It is often said with respect to driving talking on a cellphone (as an example) that the fine needs to be higher for it to be effective as it is ignored by quite a few. Maybe if you were hit by a driver taliking on a cell phone you would think differently about not wanting higher fines/ACC premiums for those at fault. The alternative to any legislation not making life tougher for those found at fault is to just buy a vehicle to give us better protection when muppets screwup which means ditching our bikes.

You are another clueless fuckwit who calls others fuckwits rather than offer a solution yourself no doubt out of fear of others on here calling you a fuckwit too.
    Their is more than one alternative. YaaF
    Manopausal.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Maybe if fines etc were higher they would be effective.
    They have been, they weren't
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Since when have traffic offense fines come down?
    The fine for no rego has come down.

Speeding fines have gone up and down over the years.

You are a fuckwit.

You're the type of cunt who becomes president of a home owners body corporate. Only a true fuckwit would want that job, and you'd be all over it to impose your will on others.

Cunt!

Bike
    BSA A10
    Having no rego is hardley a safety offense though? Maybe it will take a crash through the fault of someone else before you grow a brain and decide penalties need to be tougher. You are the fuckwit. I note a few weeks back myself and others proved this point when you said the safest position on the road was to in effect "centre line hug"
    Speeding fines came down quite some time ago
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Having no rego is hardley a safety offense though? Maybe it will take a crash through the fault of someone else before you grow a brain and decide penalties need to be tougher. You are the fuckwit. I note a few weeks back myself and others proved this point when you said the safest position on the road was to in effect "centre line hug"
    How is a higher penalty going to stop someone making a mistake? We have all done it. Or will we all say to ourselves "today I won't have an accident because the fines are higher"

You are a fuckwit.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    9! People dead on our roads in 2 days. OK two were train bait in Papakura, I smell drugs and apathy here.
    Others were multiple vehicle prangs, speed not necessarily the cause.
    Most likely the usual, an inability to properly pilot a vehicle around a bend or for that matter along a straight stretch without having a lapse in concentration. In other words, typical NZ Standard driver behaviour.
    Until we actually teach people to be able to control an out of control vehicle(Not touted as the complete answer, by the way, BITCH!) they'll always fall off the road or worse into another vehicle without any thought as to how to avoid it in the frist place.
    Driver education? Na!
    Driver actual practical instruction and testing on same. Oh Yeah!
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Since when have traffic offense fines come down?
    Look at what the fine for breaching Learner licence used to be...
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Modern cars require far more concertration to drive than older ones as the electric power steering on all but the most expensive is so light. The addition of LCD screens does not help improve concentration and I remember years ago it was illegal to have any screen fitted to a car that could be seen by the driver. Other than that they do look cool I guess and its perhaps the cool factor that sells cars more than the safety factor. I would rather have a big motor than a cool looking LCD screen.
    Modern cars take more concentration to drive??????? Seriously have you ever driven a car with abs, traction and/or stability control, fuck or even an automatic? Electric power steering

Fuckwit.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Thread Information