Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Road toll - Police stupid obsession blaming speed

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post
    The fuck makes you think that I'm in charge? You mistake me for someone else, and your ignorant polemic is not only disproportionate but also way off target.

I'd love to be able to cancel all licences and make everyone sit new, harder ones, but we all know that's unrealistic. It would be nice, though, to have empty roads, until the economy collapsed.

You need to calm down and think about how to actually solve problems rather than create them mate.
    How does making cunts actually have to learn to ride/drive not a solution make?

Why do I pin this on you? Because you and that fucken Stoney retard are the cunts sitting down with ministers.

And what's wrong with a bit of aggression? World be a better place if cunts could just say what they think and not worry about someone getting sand in their hole.

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    How does making cunts actually have to learn to ride/drive not a solution make?

Why do I pin this on you? Because you and that fucken Stoney retard are the cunts sitting down with ministers.

And what's wrong with a bit of aggression? World be a better place if cunts could just say what they think and not worry about someone getting sand in their hole.
    Yeah, in the perfect world its a great idea. So, are you prepared to pay an extra 5c in the dollar tax to make it happen? And pay more for your goods to arrive? All these things have a cost, and when you are trying to do something that will affect a large proportion of the public its gonna cost a bundle, and take a long time.

That's why TPTB decided to try and educate motorcyclists first, and introduce a more difficult driving test.

And you're right about the previous point. I don't believe the guy who pulled out in front of me will make that mistake again. But its a shit of a way to teach someone a lesson.

And the reason I sit down with ministers is because I try my fucking damndest to get off my arse and do something about the problem. But the best I can do is advocate. I don't make the decisions.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post
    Yeah, in the perfect world its a great idea. So, are you prepared to pay an extra 5c in the dollar tax to make it happen? And pay more for your goods to arrive? All these things have a cost, and when you are trying to do something that will affect a large proportion of the public its gonna cost a bundle, and take a long time.

That's why TPTB decided to try and educate motorcyclists first, and introduce a more difficult driving test.

And you're right about the previous point. I don't believe the guy who pulled out in front of me will make that mistake again. But its a shit of a way to teach someone a lesson.

And the reason I sit down with ministers is because I try my fucking damndest to get off my arse and do something about the problem. But the best I can do is advocate. I don't make the decisions.
    Yeah, I am willing to pay more tax. The happiest nation on the planet has one of the highest tax rates.

You'd have to be even more retarded than Stoney if you think the cost of driver training is going to be a 5% tax hike though. Mother fucker can pay for their own shit. Driving is not a right, and privilege doesn't come cheap

If you wanna make out that I'm stupid and haven't thought this through, be realistic in your fucking argument.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    So you have changed your thinking slightly as while you may not have said centre line hug the right tyre track is so close in my opinion to not make any difference. The best position for escape from a head on collision is actually as far left of centre as possible but I will let you find that out yourself.
    Less escape time for people pulling out. Which happens a metric shit ton more than people coming over the center line.

Do whatever ya want though. Our system is entirely built on the idea that special needs fuckwit moron like you is entitled to be on the road with the few other road users that are actually safe.

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    In my worst accident I only got $500 from the person at fault and had to spend $25,000 more for a safer vehicle so if I get hit by a muppet again I would not be so badly injured. The muppet that hit me should have paid the $25,000 as well.
    Now I know you are trolling. You cannot be that stupid that you think this is plausible..........................
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    So if you are on a bend with cars parked on the side of the road you hug the right wheel track because a head on in your mind is less likely? Having been a victim in both types of accidents I would bet I would be more likely to live through a car pulling out than having a head on.
    If you are on a bend with cars parked on the side of the road then you slow the fuck right down. Basic fucking hazard assessment.

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    I am pretty sure that in the states people can claim damages to set themselves up in a far better way than here so it must be plausible. If you think about it often when there are industrial accidents in NZ employers can be fined tens of thousands of dollars that get awarded to victims. So all the authorities need to do then is apply industrial like compensation awards to innocent victims of traffic accidents as well.
    We are not in the states thank fuck. And courts often do award part of the fine to the victim. ACC pick up the tab for any injuries. Its a great system that works well unlike the States where you pays through the nose for Insurance/lawyers etc.

Bike
    R6
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    If you are on a bend with cars parked on the side of the road then you slow the fuck right down. Basic fucking hazard assessment.
    Are you trying to say there isn't one rule that fits literally all situations? That's some dangerously progressive thinking, and I certainly know one poster who will not cope with it's like.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    So if you are on a bend with cars parked on the side of the road you hug the right wheel track because a head on in your mind is less likely? Having been a victim in both types of accidents I would bet I would be more likely to live through a car pulling out than having a head on.

Nobody can be as thick as you are pretending to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Graystone View Post
    Are you trying to say there isn't one rule that fits literally all situations? That's some dangerously progressive thinking, and I certainly know one poster who will not cope with it's like.

I certainly know that my head is turning inside out

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    So you have changed your thinking slightly as while you may not have said centre line hug the right tyre track is so close in my opinion to not make any difference. The best position for escape from a head on collision is actually as far left of centre as possible but I will let you find that out yourself.
    you're a fuckwit
    you're a fuckwit
    If the fine she got if you did press charges had been higher and a lot of it gone to you it would have been helpful towards your recovery/getting a new bike would it not? In my worst accident I only got $500 from the person at fault and had to spend $25,000 more for a safer vehicle so if I get hit by a muppet again I would not be so badly injured. The muppet that hit me should have paid the $25,000 as well.
    you're a fuckwit

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    see, i think that's some horseshit. as with anything else in life, you acquire the skills to do shit effectively. displacement and HP are irrelevant, really.
    I know 12 year olds i'd trust to drive my drunk ass home in a 6 litre v8,
    and every time in auckland, i cringe that somehow these fuckwits have obtained a licence but I wouldn't trust them with my lawnmower, let alone the fucking 1.6lt turbo SUV wankfuck that they have "cos safety"
    just have a look within 200kms of any town, they're lowering the speed limits - because these fuckwits take their traffic on holiday, and still drive into each other! and that's fuckall to do with youth. though obviously lacking the education/experience to handle their shit effectively
    Agree with that, I did shit young, was driving at 12, (mostly in paddocks), the speed limit was 50 back then, the cars were slower. When I went for my car licence at 15 ( had to for work) the cop asked me if I had a bike licence for the 500 Trumpy I was riding about. I didn't, he gave it to me saying "seen ya riding it about". I'm no saint but some of the drivers young and old out there are atrocious, a lot to do with attitude.
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    I am pretty sure that in the states people can claim damages to set themselves up in a far better way than here so it must be plausible. If you think about it often when there are industrial accidents in NZ employers can be fined tens of thousands of dollars that get awarded to victims. So all the authorities need to do then is apply industrial like compensation awards to innocent victims of traffic accidents as well.
    In the states ... people can SUE their employer in cases of accidents where the employer (or anybody that causes injury accidents) is at fault. Under the ACC scheme in NZ .. the right to sue has been removed.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    The best position for escape from a head on collision is actually as far left of centre as possible but I will let you find that out yourself.
    Disagree, how the fuxk would you know where the oncoming is going to go, it could go to the left in that case sitting right is potentially gonna save yer arse. Even straight on, standing on the pegs and going over is an option with less to squish you on exit, albeit flying.
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    suzuki
    if I get hit by a muppet again I would not be so badly injured. The muppet that hit me should have paid the $25,000 as well.
    which episode of the muppets was that?

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    In NZ the courts decide the amount of damages to be awarded instead for industrial accidents but why should they be so much higher for industrial accidents when exactly the same pain and death can occur in road accidents?
    Its relative to the size of the company.

Thread Information