Page 23 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Road toll - Police stupid obsession blaming speed

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    You would think it would be the manufactures liability if a driverless car crashed as it was them that programmed everything it does. I would expect a few to go broke with the number of lawsuits they will get and I think there has already been lawsuits with some that have crashed overseas.
    Nobody, not even autonomous cars are immune from accidents. Some are just unavoidable.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    149 MPH Audi, no driver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol3g7i64RAI

No dogs were harmed.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Some on here though think they will be as they will be cheaper than cars driven by humans to insure.
    Can you show us where some on here have said that?

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Driverless vehicles are unlikely to be afforded by the masses in NZ for maybe 30 years because pay rates for the masses are not high enough. Tougher regulations really only need to be applied to those with a history of being at fault otherwise what incentive is there to improve?
    No govt will make driving too expensive otherwise the economy will grind to a halt resulting in a lower tax take for them.
    You need to think compulsory insurance could actually reduce road injuries and deaths as more people would drive/ride in fear of being in an at fault crash which could price them off the road with the group most likely to be affected being boy racers.
    you're a fuckwit

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Maybe not some but 1 poster riffer #397 thinks so.
    No he doesn't.................

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    as thats what your reply tells me.
    that's because you're a fuckwit

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Driverless vehicles are unlikely to be afforded by the masses in NZ for maybe 30 years because pay rates for the masses are not high enough. Tougher regulations really only need to be applied to those with a history of being at fault otherwise what incentive is there to improve?
    No govt will make driving too expensive otherwise the economy will grind to a halt resulting in a lower tax take for them.
    You need to think compulsory insurance could actually reduce road injuries and deaths as more people would drive/ride in fear of being in an at fault crash which could price them off the road with the group most likely to be affected being boy racers.
    I think you are wrong as can be...

Driverless cars need not be owned - using the UBER model you just pay for a journey so actual ownership isn't needed. ie I need to go to the station - use an app to order the ride and just leave it at the station to go to the next appointment.. Driverless cars wont give you the pleasure of driving so why invest? This is a disruptive technology that will totally change the model..

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post

Driverless cars need not be owned - using the UBER model you just pay for a journey so actual ownership isn't needed. ie I need to go to the station - use an app to order the ride and just leave it at the station to go to the next appointment.. Driverless cars wont give you the pleasure of driving so why invest? This is a disruptive technology that will totally change the model..
    Here's another thing that won't matter either: brand of car. Who cares if it's a Ford, Holden, Toyota, Audi or Maserati if it's just a box that shows up at your house which you dont drive (it drives itself) and you only pay for the journey?

I would draw the line at a Ford, of course.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post

you're perhaps forgetting that people have been conditioned to LIKE owning shit (often times by debt). so for at least the next couple of generations, that's not going to be the happening thing.

to extend that, que bono? who will you be paying for your journey? who will do the maintenance on the cars/computers/software?
    who will PROFIT??

also, trying to explain anything to c*ssina that doesn't align with her four tenets of reality is an exercise in frustration.
    "winning an argument with an intelligent man is hard, winning an argument with [fuckwit] is impossible"

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    He may not have said it directly but he did say cars that are driven by humans will cost more to insure which in my mind means he thinks self drive cars will be safer otherwise why would they cost less to insure? I have yet to read such a claim from the insurance industry.
    We were talking about being immune from accidents like you claim "others on here" said about rider training making them immune. It is all in your head and has never been said on here by anyone ever. Basically, you make shit up.

What akzle says...

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Here's another thing that won't matter either: brand of car. Who cares if it's a Ford, Holden, Toyota, Audi or Maserati if it's just a box that shows up at your house which you dont drive (it drives itself) and you only pay for the journey?

Interesting times for the marketing people re branding and obselescence. Mind you the cellphone guys manage to get people to line up for days waiting to buy the newest Iphone etc, so maybe the car guys will make some Ubers uncool/unfashionable to be seen in.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Was in Romania in 2004 and the kids counted 200 odd horse and carriages from Bulgaria to Transylvania and a lamborghini, I'll bet there are bugger all H/C's

now....other than Vlad Cassinavitch who still owns one.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzaH View Post
    If you see some tosser doing something stupid and dangerous on the road, and then being stopped by the rozzas up the road a ways, does it not occur to you to stop and express your dissatisfaction at their tossiness to the rozzas? The additional evidence, although unsubstantiated, might just make the difference between a warning and a prosecution. On top of that, what better way to vent your spleen? It might even help said tosser appreciate the effect their behaviour has on others - a wake up call maybe.

It's all very well whining on here and elsewhere, but why not seize the moment to make a difference?

Just sayin'
    Thought about that to be fair when I saw the flashing lights ahead (figured it would be him) however the thing with people who drive with such disregard for others is after your vent, the fucks will be nudging your arse on the road (or worse my daughters) in about fifteen minutes, fucked off and angry with the world for giving them a ticket.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post

Nah - brand snobs will still exist. The 'Uber" (for want of another name) auto cars will have levels of 'taxi' budget, standard, luxury. As long as lawyers are around the luxury taxi will be secure.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    You are trying to twist what the other poster was assuming would happen with driverless cars in that they would be safer than cars driven by humans as they would attract a lower insurance premium due to this.
    Holy fuck...

Thread Information