Page 36 of 70 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Road toll - Police stupid obsession blaming speed

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    if you read the article from the link that was posted the article suggests making riding school compulsory. To not agree with my idea of making those at fault pay higher ACC premiums gives me the impression he would prefer compulsary riding school. Maybe a poll needs to be taken on here as to which of the 2 most desire. It would likely go in favour of compulsary riding school from the majority of posts from riding school fans on here.
    it would go that way because you're the only 100% fuckwit.

Bike
    bandit
    The reason why no one else but me on here does not want higher premiums for those at fault is simply because they are too frightened of being at fault themselves. If riding schools were so good they would not have that fear now would they????
    Oh piss off - that is stupid. The reason why I don't want a higher premium is that it simply does not work ..

We get fined for speeding - a fault-payment linked system. That never stopped me speeding ... It just makes me more aware of the popo - and tempts my to buy a radar detector (as many have). The fine system has not stopped people speeding .. a higher premium ACC for riders at fault will have bugger all impact.

Compulsory riding schools are highly unlikely to work either ... and could even have the effect of making people over-confident.

If you force people to go to school they will not learn - they will simply do the time ... with no impact at all.

What needs to change is rider attitude - and fines or compulsory training will have no impact - peer pressure is what has changed our attitudes about drink-driving ...

But that is not likely to work in this case either - My attitude is total resistance - good luck with any efforts to change that.

You can fuck off ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    The reason why no one else but me on here wants higher premiums for those at fault is simply because they are too frightened of being at fault themselves. If riding schools were so good they would not have that fear now would they????
    you're a fuckwit

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    You will never know if a fault based ACC premium structure works untill its tried though. I have read also that going to riding school can make some riders feel overconfident and in the article I read that was the reason why the govt at the time did not want to make riding school compulsory. You could say many of the coments from riding school grads on here do actually demonstrate over confidence which respect to their perceived belief thay can avoid the screwups of others. The fact you have said to fuck off just demonstrates your fear of being found at fault!!!
    you're a fuckwit

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    Journalistic licence - the licence is easier to get than a driver's licence ..
    Gosh! You are being polite about it...

I thought it was due to applied wankery by the author of the article, and piss-poor applied wankery to boot...

Bike
    The reason why no one else but me on here wants higher premiums for those at fault is simply because they are too frightened of being at fault themselves. If riding schools were so good they would not have that fear now would they????
    Report to cassina's parents:

English: cassina needs to read what is written and to attempt to comprehend what is written. cassina's outbursts in class about "at fault" and "not at fault" and "premiums" in relation to ACC clearly shows that cassina has little grasp of the topic being discussed and debated.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Report to cassina's parents:

English: cassina needs to read what is written and to attempt to comprehend what is written. cassina's outbursts in class about "at fault" and "not at fault" and "premiums" in relation to ACC clearly shows that cassina has little grasp of the topic being discussed and debated.
    which wasn't actually the topic being discussed, but is one of 3 things that it knows, and keeps repeating. ad nauseum, despite what everyone else was actually talking about.

Bike
    bandit
    Y. The fact you have said to fuck off just demonstrates your fear of being found at fault!!!

When I am at fault I admit it - I'm not perfect.

I pay the fine when I get caught - and don't complain ... I did it - I got caught - I paid the penalty. Does not affect my behavior though ... I still speed - every day I'm riding.

I have never made a claim on ACC for a bike accident - maybe I should have but sick leave covered it .. twice cars have pulled out in front of me - the rest of the time I did it myself ... but did not need or claim ACC ... would higher premiums affect my behavior on the road? No ...

You say a fault based system has never been tried - so how do we know it would not work? There are elements of a fault-based system in the current model - dangerous occupations, such as Forestry, pay higher premiums - does that affect the industry? Just look at the increase in recent deaths in the forestry ... not even any changes. If anything employers are more lax about safety now than they were five years ago ..

The higher premiums on motorcycles is partly a fault-based system - has it improved on the roads? Not even ...

If forestry employers and those in other dangerous occupations and motorcycle riders took more care and had fewer accidents the premiums would go down .. the fact that there have been the same or more accidents shows money-based incentives do not work.
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    She's a fuckwit, end of story.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    I do because the riding schools will prevent accidents (not all, so shut the fuck up) whereas your suggestion is classic ambulance at the bottom of the cliff.
    Exactly All about personal attitude to survival on a bike and respect for other road users.
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    You will never know if a fault based ACC premium structure works untill its tried though. I have read also that going to riding school can make some riders feel overconfident and in the article I read that was the reason why the govt at the time did not want to make riding school compulsory. You could say many of the coments from riding school grads on here do actually demonstrate over confidence which respect to their perceived belief thay can avoid the screwups of others. The fact you have said to fuck off just demonstrates your fear of being found at fault!!!
    Fucksake, go do a course yourself and find out for yourself (I have), reading something somewhere and then blabbing on about it as if you are an expert has no credit and it just leaves Akzle stuck on his record albeit true. Do a course and report back about how many are over confident, I suggest you won't find any but we need the facts and not just some Coronation Street gossip. TY.

Bike
    You and a few others just attack my ideas because you are jealous you can't think up anything better yourself. Maybe you would have some credibility if as well as attacking my idea you responded with an idea of your own. Or are you just fearful your idea would be attacked by others as well?
    I do not attack your ideas, I critique your ideas - big difference...

Jealous of what you say? - no.

I'd suggest you do a bit of a search and you might well find I have made suggestions that could assist others...

Fearful? No.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    ... You [meaning cassina] say a fault based system has never been tried - so how do we know it would not work? ...
    Why do we have ACC?

Because the previous system, which was basically a "fault based system" was failing. If you were injured you had to prove that the other party was at fault and their "fault" had caused your injury. For many to do such was beyond their means and so they missed out accessing any form of compensation for their injury.

If you, I mean cassina, think that a "fault based system" would be better, then I suggest you go to the USA and see how well such a system works there...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Why do we have ACC?

If you, I mean cassina, think that a "fault based system" would be better, then I insist you go to the USA and see how well such a system works there...
    Have changed that for you....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e252b4e39d30bec59cd919191452ed51.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	334879

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Find anybody that has been to a riding school ... that says it was a complete waste of time ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Thread Information