Page 35 of 70 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Road toll - Police stupid obsession blaming speed

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Dear Police,

If your going to be involved in dumb TV programs like Road Cops or Highway Patrol, hire some actors who come across as Jake

the Muss instead of the soft cock ones you use.

Caught a couple of mins where a cop had pulled over what was clearly a WOF failure car.

It was an unregistered " paddock basher" and the woman driver had a suspended licence.

Nice cop gave her a wet bus ticket telling off and followed her back to the farm.

Should have read the riot act at stupid had her car scrapped and got someone else to pick her up.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Dear Police,

If your going to be involved in dumb TV programs like Road Cops or Highway Patrol, hire some actors who come across as Jake

the Muss instead of the soft cock ones you use.

Caught a couple of mins where a cop had pulled over what was clearly a WOF failure car.

It was an unregistered " paddock basher" and the woman driver had a suspended licence.

Nice cop gave her a wet bus ticket telling off and followed her back to the farm.

Should have read the riot act at stupid had her car scrapped and got someone else to pick her up.
    Saw that episode. Had a good laugh.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    2018 BMW R nine T Pure
    Anybody else here the radio this morning where some guy said "motorcyclists over 40 should have to re-sit their test once a year." This following the 13th serious bike accident in 2018.

I think it was the breeze playing in the physio this morning (Yep over 40 and dropped my bike front end slide Nov last year first time in 25 years...body does not bounce back like it once did...been riding the whole time too )

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by VFR400R View Post
    Anybody else here the radio this morning where some guy said "motorcyclists over 40 should have to re-sit their test once a year." This following the 13th serious bike accident in 2018.

I think it was the breeze playing in the physio this morning (Yep over 40 and dropped my bike front end slide Nov last year first time in 25 years...body does not bounce back like it once did...been riding the whole time too )
    Its good that people who have done lots of research and study into motorcycle crashs take time out of t ring up radio stations and share their extensive knowledge, much like the news where they interview a random neighbour or passer by for their insightful comments.

Said caller is probably a fantastic driver who never tailgates,speeds, makes poor overtaking choices or uses phone whilst driving and so on.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Said caller is probably a fantastic driver who never tailgates,speeds, makes poor overtaking choices or uses phone whilst driving and so on.
    The said caller was probably doing at least two of the above whilst calling the radio station

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    probably find its in relation to this article by this dickhead
    http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=262860

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Some on here will embrace what he wants to do as they have a belief that going to a riding school will make them a better rider. My solution to the problem is to whack all those with an "at fault" history higher ACC premiums.
    you're a fuckwit. just. such a fuckwit.

what happened to you going away for a while.

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    The same cock jockey that did this

https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rc...hOntNub_RUVzuX

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Some on here will embrace what he wants to do as they have a belief that going to a riding school will make them a better rider. My solution to the problem is to whack all those with an "at fault" history higher ACC premiums.
    "Some"...presumptuous...

It won't happen your solution is dumb and not worth any consideration, besides powers that be in parliament won't listen, Mr Wilson is a motorcycle hater and should be ignored.

There are learners out there who have had no fault history, there are riders who have not ridden since their teens and getting back into biking middle age, also no fault, and there is the likes of me who has ridden daily since 1972 on mostly large capacity machine and also had no fault yet pay high premium (on 3 of 5 bikes I own) albeit unfair I enjoy my bikes and will pay the going price. So when you say "at fault" how do you define that where there is a broad subject of human mistake of the poor fuckers who had a bad day. So many variables in crashes that statistics dept cannot pinpoint other than blame speed with now advertising more aptly that less speed = less carnage (debatable). How about a bit of reward for good behaviour, again won't happen, its coffers revenue.

Attending any riding course, defensive driving whatever WILL make you a better rider, how can it not? If you only learn one thing it is better than nothing, the ride to and fro alone is gaining more experience, please engage noodle TYVM.
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    So you would prefer compulsary riding schools to those at fault having to pay more despite never being at fault yourself?
    I do because the riding schools will prevent accidents (not all, so shut the fuck up) whereas your suggestion is classic ambulance at the bottom of the cliff.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Perhaps its time for an overhaul of ACC not unlike WorkSafe.

I have notices a lot of bad practices in the building industry that I hated for years yet nothing was done have now changed.

I too object to the double dip approach of paying for multiple vehicles.

But then again I also advocate compulsory insurance and a higher standard of protective gear.

I saw a Motorcyclist heading up SH 1 on a busy section just north of the bridge lanesplitting at speed on his straight thru piped

Harley with forward pegs and hiiiiiiigh bars, shorts, trainers, t shirt and German helmet and pondered how much he would cost

to " patch" up if he thru no fault of his own came to grief. My wife pondered out loud but used less printable language.

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    His opening paragraph states:
    "The rising number of motorbike deaths and injuries has prompted a call for urgent action to either restrict access to motorbikes or have compulsory retesting for drivers, a car review website says."

Has prompted an urgent call from whom?

Has anyone seen, read or heard of this "call for urgent action"?

Perhaps I missed it in the public notices of the Herald...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by granstar View Post
    "Some"...presumptuous...

It won't happen your solution is dumb and not worth any consideration, besides powers that be in parliament won't listen, Mr Wilson is a motorcycle hater and should be ignored.

There are learners out there who have had no fault history, there are riders who have not ridden since their teens and getting back into biking middle age, also no fault, and there is the likes of me who has ridden daily since 1972 on mostly large capacity machine and also had no fault yet pay high premium (on 3 of 5 bikes I own) albeit unfair I enjoy my bikes and will pay the going price. So when you say "at fault" how do you define that where there is a broad subject of human mistake of the poor fuckers who had a bad day. So many variables in crashes that statistics dept cannot pinpoint other than blame speed with now advertising more aptly that less speed = less carnage (debatable). How about a bit of reward for good behaviour, again won't happen, its coffers revenue.

Attending any riding course, defensive driving whatever WILL make you a better rider, how can it not? If you only learn one thing it is better than nothing, the ride to and fro alone is gaining more experience, please engage noodle TYVM.

So you would prefer compulsory riding schools to those at fault having to pay more despite never being at fault yourself?
    Where in what granstar wrote does he say "compulsory"?

Bike
    if you read the article from the link that was posted the article suggests making riding school compulsory. To not agree with my idea of making those at fault pay higher ACC premiums gives me the impression he would prefer compulsory riding school. Maybe a poll needs to be taken on here as to which of the 2 most desire. It would likely go in favour of compulsory riding school from the majority of posts from riding school fans on here.
    Please re-submit your assignment...

Wrong!

You quoted what granstar had written and attempted to imply that he had suggested that riding schools should be compulsory [please note correct spelling of compulsory]. Granstar did not suggest compulsory riding schools, he did suggest that attending a riding school may improve a rider's riding.

You are the one with the fixation on:
    1. charging higher ACC "premiums" to those "at fault"
    2. misunderstanding that ACC is not an insurance and does not charge premiums but "levies" people as that is required by its regulations
    3. a fixation on riding schools

It was the article that suggested compulsory riding schools.

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    His opening paragraph states:
    "The rising number of motorbike deaths and injuries has prompted a call for urgent action to either restrict access to motorbikes or have compulsory retesting for drivers, a car review website says."

Has prompted an urgent call from whom?

Has anyone seen, read or heard of this "call for urgent action"?

Perhaps I missed it in the public notices of the Herald...
    Journalistic licence - the licence is easier to get than a driver's licence ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Thread Information