Page 57 of 70 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Road toll - Police stupid obsession blaming speed

Bike
    2018 BMW R nine T Pure
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
    Going back to the original topic. Just saw this a few hours ago. Some of the comments are just crazy.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...21854097847023
    Well isn't that interesting. I would counter with this
    http://news.berkeley.edu/2015/05/29/...itting-report/

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    all I have done is raise a very big issue on the fact what they teach in riding school is limited to only situations where a rider has full control.
    Really?

Ever been to a riding school?

The sooner you start taking your medication again, the better.
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 15th February 2018 at 09:39.

Bike
    Purple Vespa 250

Human Factors

What are they:

I must admit to a bit of tongue in cheek humor:

First Cassina! I guess that english is not your first language?

Cassina, from the Latin castrum meaning "camp", indicating a farmhouse which was inhabited by more than one family.

Cassina Name Meaning. You are cheerful and friendly, but are apt to have an emotional life. You like to have several lines of effort going at once. You are a good talker and promoter and seldom worry over anything. At times, you can be impatient, and impulsive.

Lets address non specific training in general:

On the cover of my old Flight Safety QRH, is a famous Flight Safety Quote:

"The best safety device in any aeroplane is a well trained Crew":

Training! It can not ever cover anyone, for every event.

What good training does,and is the object for one to take home after is this:

Good training with and upon experience, "GIVES YOU OPTIONS", it lets you make educated best choice in bad situations, in aviation we use the term 'Airmanship" and after all these years I still can not explain what exactly Airmanship is!

Motorcycle training I view in exactly the same manner, it will not ever cover you for every event, it will however make you smarter, it will make you more aware of just what may happen and can happen.

With this awareness, applied in the right way, together with the right understanding and logic, it will if you are open to critique, allow you to become a better rider, with this understanding in your back pocket! you will become a better rider, better with new skills applied, and better with a better mind set, and approach to your riding together with an understanding of the operating risk surrounding you, and your possible affect on other road users.

Now! I once (aged 19) had a CB750/4, (piece of shit) and I saw a lady coming out of her drive in her orange Morris 1100, I made eye contact with her, & her with me, I accelerated, she accelerated, we met in the middle!

It worries me (to a lesser amount) that either you do not really ride and this site is your time and energy focus, (thats okay) or you are just deliberately having a piss take on a constant watch, (thats okay).

Or (to a larger degree) a motorcycle road user with the mind set you have, if this is the case? then you are indeed,"BArking MAd".
    A condom is to keep ones Pipe clean.

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    Should we stop caring about heartattacks as well because people have always died off them? Death is part of life attitude? Whether it was preventable or not doesn't matter? Great, lets shutdown all hospitals and medical schools.
    Wow. Amazing straw edifice you gots there.

Bike
    Wots I gots.

Really?

Ever been to a riding school?

The sooner you start taking your medication again, the better.
    But the other question is; halve the dose, or double the dose?

Bike
    Purple Vespa 250

Road Cops

Going back to the original topic. Just saw this a few hours ago. Some of the comments are just crazy.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...21854097847023
    A few nights ago on the program, A cop down south is going after two speeding vehicles.

What I saw gives me concern at their very lacking level of training:

I say this because how many times have we seen accidents with motorcycles when police car does a Uturn to give chase:

Most recently just before Christmas, old mate got cleaned up by a Police woman coming towards him, she being target fixated on the speeding boy racer, not seeing the on coming motorcycle she does a abrupt Uturn and cleans old mate up, he is still recovering.

Now back to the road Cops episode, what you see is "He looks in his mirror, his chin/head, does not go to his shoulder" he does an abrupt Uturn on a major road, he is and you can see it, he is target fixated! he did not check his/ or allow for his blind spot:

They can and do "Kill us", they need to re address their driver chase protocols and training, the evidence is against them:

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    But as I have been trying to get through to you lot for a long time whether you can brake or power away is depended on the distance and speed the dog is running when they run out.
    and as EVERYONE has been trying to get through to you: you're a fuckwit

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post
    if you do actually ride the way you say you do, that you won't survive. A lot of people would say that's not a bad thing but me, I'd prefer nobody dies unnecessarily.
    it wouldn't be unnecessary as such. it would benefit the species (human and canine )

You have two ears and one mouth. Start using your senses appropriately.
    or more fully, two eyes, two ears and one mouth (though with southland imbreeding and apparent retardation that's moot)
    so you should look and listen four times as much as you speak.

(and i'd say mouth and rectum are interchangeable, given the shit that comes out...)

Bike
    Purple Vespa 250

Thank you for your confirmation:

It could be argued from your rant that for us to stay safe we give up riding all together and those riders who have done that already are smarter than all of us still riding.
    And removing any doubt I may have had.

I do confirm you to be indeed, BArking MAd.

You need either a good or although I favor a Barrett 50 with an explosive head:

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Not all dogs bark as they move did you know? So to think that they do just proves how out of touch you are to think you will never be hit but a dog because you will be able to hear it coming in plenty of time to get away.
    As for splitting hairs all I have done is raise a very big issue on the fact what they teach in riding school is limited to only situations where a rider has full control. That is maybe an inconveniant truth to you and some others on here.
    straight over the top of your head. because you're a fuckwit.

Bike
    Purple Vespa 250

Too Fookin much

Dogs can actually move quite fast did you know? The dog breed known as Greyhouds are actually used for racing did you know? Unless it happens to you I guess you will never believe dogs can run faster than it takes you time to brake/swerve or power away.
    I just can not hold out, they say its the best medicine ,

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    It could be argued from your rant that for us to stay safe we give up riding all together and those riders who have done that already are smarter than all of us still riding.
    you're a fuckwit

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crack View Post
    they need to re address their driver chase protocols and training, the evidence is against them:
    ahem. that's "fleeing driver" policy. because the police are above reproach and enforcing traffic legislation is VERY important

...(to their budgt)

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    No you are the barking mad one if you think when you ride you are exposed to any less risk than me just because
    you have been to riding school.
    you're a fuckwit

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crack View Post
    And removing any doubt I may have had.

I do confirm you to be indeed, BArking MAd.

You need either a good or although I favor a Barrett 50 with an explosive head:
    .50 is like 12$ a shot. a fucken .22 would do.
    vote akzle

Thread Information