Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Road toll - Police stupid obsession blaming speed

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post

NZ Spokes. Do you use the pouches to carry the rescued dogs?
    I think he got confused with rescue kangaroos.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    I think he got confused with rescue kangaroos.
    LOL, spelling fail.

But shit I saw a vid the other day of an Aussie getting taken out by a Roo on his Hornet. Feck it was brutal. Apparently they now use a ultrasonic whistle that scares them off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by granstar View Post
    But did you know greyhouds are used for racing, did ya?
    Well feck me, what will they think of next?
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    no i'm pretty sure it was born an inconsequential menial shitkicker and will die as one too.

you're a fuckwit

you're a fuckwit

you're a fuckwit

you're a fuckwit
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	black-kettle.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	335182

don't forget to leave red rep

Like your posts it means so much
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    LOL, spelling fail.

But shit I saw a vid the other day of an Aussie getting taken out by a Roo on his Hornet. Feck it was brutal. Apparently they now use a ultrasonic whistle that scares them off.
    In 1981 I was riding a 1976 750F1 Honda on the main highway on the West coast of Malaysia ... and saw a guy on a 50cc scooter get taken out by an Elephant. Those thing run wild in the jungle/less populated areas.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post

don't forget to leave red rep

Like your posts it means so much
    Don't mention rep to axhole he will go on and on about it for months.....
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    I am fortunite enough to not have any bad habbits
    How do you know if you won't listen to anyone else??

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    .. and saw a guy get taken out by an Elephant. Those thing run wild in the jungle/less populated areas.
    See the same thing in Auckland everyday...... Lots of elephants

yea, that would be scary. Did the elephant claim no fault, your honour?

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Watched the TV News tonight and yet again all the Police can say is we are speeding and we need to lower the speed limits. After decades of rolling out that same lame excuse. When, when, when, will they open their minds to the fact that, just maybe, other factors are behind why their decades of over Policing speeding has made no impact what so ever on the road toll.

Sadly we have had two terrible head on crashes that sparked today's Media flurry. Southland one on a perfectly straight road. Taupo on a slight curve with double yellow lines. Both sections appear to provide good forward visibility. Yellow lines by the way mean don't cross to the other side. The other side being deceased.

How fast any of these vehicles were going is irrelevant if they were capable of staying on their own side of the centre line. Whether they were doing 80kpm or 800kpm they would have safely passed each other on their respective sides of the road. Just maybe, just maybe, crossing the centreline is why they struck each other head on.

The Taupo crash was between two families in people movers. Really! to come out within hours saying speed is the problem. Brilliant investigative work. Yeah right, I see MPVs tearing around NZ at 160kpm plus all the time. The only thing speeding here was the rate the Police jumped to that conclusion.

Lets take a wild guess that in each tragic case one of the drivers somehow wandered across the centreline. An essential element for a head on to occur. Speed in these situations determines the extent of the damage but even at 80kph a head on is going to kill so don't blame exceeding the speed limit for causing the crashes (unproven at this point in time). Another wild guess could be mechanical failure, blowout or that a driver was distracted or tired.

If I got a dollar for every time I saw someone driving with a phone in their face I would be a rich man. Maybe the Police should follow that advice and make the Government rich- with the unexpected surprise of reducing the road toll. Pigs will fly before that approach happens.
    Going back to the original topic. Just saw this a few hours ago. Some of the comments are just crazy.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...21854097847023

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
    Going back to the original topic. Just saw this a few hours ago. Some of the comments are just crazy.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...21854097847023
    Facebook and Stuff get their facts off each other, and that plonker off Lemon and Dogging Guide
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    See the same thing in Auckland everyday...... Lots of elephants

yea, that would be scary. Did the elephant claim no fault, your honour?
    The Elephant wasn't caught. But bloody footprints were found leading away from the scene. Police trackers lost the trail soon after leaving the road as the soft ground made it impossible to drive on.

The scooter rider found not guilty of harming an endangered species. Something his widow was pleased to hear.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Facebook and Stuff get their facts off each other, and that plonker off Lemon and Dogging Guide
    All valid points, but unfortunately motorcyclists seem to be the topic at the moment. Having said that, fatalities are not helping the cause either rightly or wrongly.

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
    All valid points, but unfortunately motorcyclists seem to be the topic at the moment. Having said that, fatalities are not helping the cause either rightly or wrongly.
    Fella motorcycles and fatalities have been around forever back in the day its was just accepted the only reason its a "topic" is because of the unfortunate gathering of fuck ups with nothing better to do than sign up to wank like Facebook blah blah.God forbid anyone just accepts motorcycling for what it is these days
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Fella motorcycles and fatalities have been around forever back in the day its was just accepted the only reason its a "topic" is because of the unfortunate gathering of fuck ups with nothing better to do than sign up to wank like Facebook blah blah.God forbid anyone just accepts motorcycling for what it is these days
    Should we stop caring about heartattacks as well because people have always died off them? Death is part of life attitude? Whether it was preventable or not doesn't matter? Great, lets shutdown all hospitals and medical schools.

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    But as I have been trying to get through to you lot for a long time whether you can brake or power away is depended on the distance and speed the dog is running when they run out.
    Dude. Get over it.

Nobody cares about the hairs you are intent on splitting. So fucking what you had a dog run at you. that one instance does not invalidate any of the good advice that has been given by some on this thread. I guarantee you, if you do actually ride the way you say you do, that you won't survive. A lot of people would say that's not a bad thing but me, I'd prefer nobody dies unnecessarily. You have two ears and one mouth. Start using your senses appropriately.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Thread Information