Advertise with Kiwi Biker
Page 68 of 77 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1149

Thread: Road toll - Police stupid obsession blaming speed

  1. #1006
    Join Date
    1st September 2007 - 21:01
    Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,528
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    See the same thing in Auckland everyday...... Lots of elephants

    yea, that would be scary. Did the elephant claim no fault, your honour?
    The Elephant wasn't caught. But bloody footprints were found leading away from the scene. Police trackers lost the trail soon after leaving the road as the soft ground made it impossible to drive on.

    The scooter rider found not guilty of harming an endangered species. Something his widow was pleased to hear.
    Sweat wipes off. Road-rash doesn't.

  2. #1007
    Join Date
    15th February 2017 - 13:17
    Bike
    Yamaha XSR700
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Facebook and Stuff get their facts off each other, and that plonker off Lemon and Dogging Guide
    All valid points, but unfortunately motorcyclists seem to be the topic at the moment. Having said that, fatalities are not helping the cause either rightly or wrongly.

  3. #1008
    Join Date
    19th January 2006 - 19:13
    Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Location
    On any given sunday?
    Posts
    8,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
    All valid points, but unfortunately motorcyclists seem to be the topic at the moment. Having said that, fatalities are not helping the cause either rightly or wrongly.
    Fella motorcycles and fatalities have been around forever back in the day its was just accepted the only reason its a "topic" is because of the unfortunate gathering of fuck ups with nothing better to do than sign up to wank like Facebook blah blah.God forbid anyone just accepts motorcycling for what it is these days
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

  4. #1009
    Join Date
    15th February 2017 - 13:17
    Bike
    Yamaha XSR700
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Fella motorcycles and fatalities have been around forever back in the day its was just accepted the only reason its a "topic" is because of the unfortunate gathering of fuck ups with nothing better to do than sign up to wank like Facebook blah blah.God forbid anyone just accepts motorcycling for what it is these days
    Should we stop caring about heartattacks as well because people have always died off them? Death is part of life attitude? Whether it was preventable or not doesn't matter? Great, lets shutdown all hospitals and medical schools.

  5. #1010
    Join Date
    16th November 2003 - 11:19
    Bike
    1982 HONDA CB750FC
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    2,804
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    But dogs are small, much smaller than horses, so they must be much less than 1 horsepower. Your bike has many horsepowers, so you should have no trouble out accelerating a dog. Simple physics.
    But as I have been trying to get through to you lot for a long time whether you can brake or power away is depended on the distance and speed the dog is running when they run out.

  6. #1011
    Join Date
    12th September 2003 - 12:00
    Bike
    05 Aprilia Tuono (RIP), 84 Katana
    Location
    Wallaceville, Upper Hutt
    Posts
    5,487
    Blog Entries
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    But as I have been trying to get through to you lot for a long time whether you can brake or power away is depended on the distance and speed the dog is running when they run out.
    Dude. Get over it.

    Nobody cares about the hairs you are intent on splitting. So fucking what you had a dog run at you. that one instance does not invalidate any of the good advice that has been given by some on this thread. I guarantee you, if you do actually ride the way you say you do, that you won't survive. A lot of people would say that's not a bad thing but me, I'd prefer nobody dies unnecessarily. You have two ears and one mouth. Start using your senses appropriately.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

    - James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

  7. #1012
    Join Date
    15th January 2006 - 21:55
    Bike
    2016 Honda NC750X, 2000 Suzuki TL1000S
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
    Going back to the original topic. Just saw this a few hours ago. Some of the comments are just crazy.

    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...21854097847023
    Well isn't that interesting. I would counter with this
    http://news.berkeley.edu/2015/05/29/...itting-report/

  8. #1013
    Join Date
    16th November 2003 - 11:19
    Bike
    1982 HONDA CB750FC
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    2,804
    Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post
    Dude. Get over it.

    Nobody cares about the hairs you are intent on splitting. So fucking what you had a dog run at you. that one instance does not invalidate any of the good advice that has been given by some on this thread. I guarantee you, if you do actually ride the way you say you do, that you won't survive. A lot of people would say that's not a bad thing but me, I'd prefer nobody dies unnecessarily. You have two ears and one mouth. Start using your senses appropriately.
    Not all dogs bark as they move did you know? So to think that they do just proves how out of touch you are to think you will never be hit but a dog because you will be able to hear it coming in plenty of time to get away.
    As for splitting hairs all I have done is raise a very big issue on the fact what they teach in riding school is limited to only situations where a rider has full control. That is maybe an inconveniant truth to you and some others on here.

  9. #1014
    Join Date
    9th May 2008 - 21:23
    Bike
    A little yellow one
    Location
    Northern Waikato
    Posts
    2,255
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    all I have done is raise a very big issue on the fact what they teach in riding school is limited to only situations where a rider has full control.
    Really?

    Ever been to a riding school?

    The sooner you start taking your medication again, the better.
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 15th February 2018 at 09:39.
    If the words I say offend you, imagine the ones I keep to myself...

  10. #1015
    Join Date
    8th October 2006 - 20:21
    Bike
    856 SCOOTER
    Location
    2nd Star left of Centre
    Posts
    112

    Human Factors

    What are they:

    I must admit to a bit of tongue in cheek humor:

    First Cassina! I guess that english is not your first language?

    Cassina, from the Latin castrum meaning "camp", indicating a farmhouse which was inhabited by more than one family.

    Cassina Name Meaning. You are cheerful and friendly, but are apt to have an emotional life. You like to have several lines of effort going at once. You are a good talker and promoter and seldom worry over anything. At times, you can be impatient, and impulsive.

    Lets address non specific training in general:

    On the cover of my old Flight Safety QRH, is a famous Flight Safety Quote:

    "The best safety device in any aeroplane is a well trained Crew":

    Training! It can not ever cover anyone, for every event.

    What good training does,and is the object for one to take home after is this:

    Good training with and upon experience, "GIVES YOU OPTIONS", it lets you make educated best choice in bad situations, in aviation we use the term 'Airmanship" and after all these years I still can not explain what exactly Airmanship is!

    Motorcycle training I view in exactly the same manner, it will not ever cover you for every event, it will however make you smarter, it will make you more aware of just what may happen and can happen.

    With this awareness, applied in the right way, together with the right understanding and logic, it will if you are open to critique, allow you to become a better rider, with this understanding in your back pocket! you will become a better rider, better with new skills applied, and better with a better mind set, and approach to your riding together with an understanding of the operating risk surrounding you, and your possible affect on other road users.

    Now! I once (aged 19) had a CB750/4, (piece of shit) and I saw a lady coming out of her drive in her orange Morris 1100, I made eye contact with her, & her with me, I accelerated, she accelerated, we met in the middle!

    It worries me (to a lesser amount) that either you do not really ride and this site is your time and energy focus, (thats okay) or you are just deliberately having a piss take on a constant watch, (thats okay).

    Or (to a larger degree) a motorcycle road user with the mind set you have, if this is the case? then you are indeed,"BArking MAd".
    A condom is to keep ones Pipe clean.

  11. #1016
    Join Date
    19th March 2005 - 18:55
    Bike
    Bikeless in Bennyville, yo.
    Location
    The Spiral Nebula
    Posts
    786
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
    Should we stop caring about heartattacks as well because people have always died off them? Death is part of life attitude? Whether it was preventable or not doesn't matter? Great, lets shutdown all hospitals and medical schools.
    Wow. Amazing straw edifice you gots there.

  12. #1017
    Join Date
    19th March 2005 - 18:55
    Bike
    Bikeless in Bennyville, yo.
    Location
    The Spiral Nebula
    Posts
    786

    Really?

    Ever been to a riding school?

    The sooner you start taking your medication again, the better.
    But the other question is; halve the dose, or double the dose?

  13. #1018
    Join Date
    16th November 2003 - 11:19
    Bike
    1982 HONDA CB750FC
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    2,804
    Quote Originally Posted by crack View Post
    What are they:

    I must admit to a bit of tongue in cheek humor:

    First Cassina! I guess that english is not your first language?

    Cassina, from the Latin castrum meaning "camp", indicating a farmhouse which was inhabited by more than one family.

    Cassina Name Meaning. You are cheerful and friendly, but are apt to have an emotional life. You like to have several lines of effort going at once. You are a good talker and promoter and seldom worry over anything. At times, you can be impatient, and impulsive.

    Lets address non specific training in general:

    On the cover of my old Flight Safety QRH, is a famous Flight Safety Quote:

    "The best safety device in any aeroplane is a well trained Crew":

    Training! It can not ever cover anyone, for every event.

    What good training does,and is the object for one to take home after is this:

    Good training with and upon experience, "GIVES YOU OPTIONS", it lets you make educated best choice in bad situations, in aviation we use the term 'Airmanship" and after all these years I still can not explain what exactly Airmanship is!

    Motorcycle training I view in exactly the same manner, it will not ever cover you for every event, it will however make you smarter, it will make you more aware of just what may happen and can happen.

    With this awareness, applied in the right way, together with the right understanding and logic, it will if you are open to critique, allow you to become a better rider, with this understanding in your back pocket! you will become a better rider, better with new skills applied, and better with a better mind set, and approach to your riding together with an understanding of the operating risk surrounding you, and your possible affect on other road users.

    Now! I once (aged 19) had a CB750/4, (piece of shit) and I saw a lady coming out of her drive in her orange Morris 1100, I made eye contact with her, & her with me, I accelerated, she accelerated, we met in the middle!

    It worries me (to a lesser amount) that either you do not really ride and this site is your time and energy focus, (thats okay) or you are just deliberately having a piss take on a constant watch, (thats okay).

    Or (to a larger degree) a motorcycle road user with the mind set you have, if this is the case? then you are indeed,"BArking MAd".
    It could be argued from your rant that for us to stay safe we give up riding all together and those riders who have done that already are smarter than all of us still riding.

  14. #1019
    Join Date
    8th October 2006 - 20:21
    Bike
    856 SCOOTER
    Location
    2nd Star left of Centre
    Posts
    112

    Road Cops

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
    Going back to the original topic. Just saw this a few hours ago. Some of the comments are just crazy.

    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...21854097847023
    A few nights ago on the program, A cop down south is going after two speeding vehicles.

    What I saw gives me concern at their very lacking level of training:

    I say this because how many times have we seen accidents with motorcycles when police car does a Uturn to give chase:

    Most recently just before Christmas, old mate got cleaned up by a Police woman coming towards him, she being target fixated on the speeding boy racer, not seeing the on coming motorcycle she does a abrupt Uturn and cleans old mate up, he is still recovering.

    Now back to the road Cops episode, what you see is "He looks in his mirror, his chin/head, does not go to his shoulder" he does an abrupt Uturn on a major road, he is and you can see it, he is target fixated! he did not check his/ or allow for his blind spot:

    They can and do "Kill us", they need to re address their driver chase protocols and training, the evidence is against them:
    A condom is to keep ones Pipe clean.

  15. #1020
    Join Date
    6th May 2012 - 10:41
    Bike
    invisibike
    Location
    pulling a sick mono
    Posts
    5,992
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    But as I have been trying to get through to you lot for a long time whether you can brake or power away is depended on the distance and speed the dog is running when they run out.
    and as EVERYONE has been trying to get through to you: you're a fuckwit


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •