Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: On Road Costs

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    Even most second hand bikes are being sold "Excluding On-Road Costs". A new feature thanks to the ACC hike on registration. I had to fork out a few hundred bucks to put a 20 year old bike on the road last month. Servicing? Yeah well it needed new fork seals, new hydraulic fluid and new cam belts. So servicing cost a few bob too.

But I'm ENJOYING the bike now and not WORRYING and you can't put a price on that shit.
    In space, no one can smell your fart.

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    The bike shop I bought from years ago did offer free servicing with the only charge being for oil and filter. So it can be done and if you want to negotiate it, the time of sale is the time to do it and get it in writing. All the new car dealers would be broke if it was not feasabile as you say to do.
    A bike costs $3,000. A car likely to be $30,000. For whom do you think it would be easier to absorb the cost of oil and filter (say $100), the bike dealer or the car dealer? You are now officially the dumbest thing I have ever across in my entire life. Even the movie characters from Dumb and Dumber look smarter than you, if can't work out relative costs and margin percentages.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Fucks sake you lot. Pack of little bitches, bitch bitch bitchin about a shop making a living. Don't like it shop around.

The main worry I have after successful negotiations with the shop for a motorcycle is hiding my 'new bike' boner. Is there anything better than a new bike boner?

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    The bike shop I bought from years ago did offer free servicing with the only charge being for oil and filter. So it can be done and if you want to negotiate it, the time of sale is the time to do it and get it in writing. All the new car dealers would be broke if it was not feasabile as you say to do.
    1982?

In 2007, Honda NZ had parts only cost on the first service. Oil and filter cost only. It was a Honda thing then. Don't know if they still offer this.

But seriously that's not enough to stop buying that Suzuki, Triumph, whatever and rush off to your Honda dealer. Unless you are a incredible tight arse. And if your arse is that tight why are you buying a Honda?

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    When I was at Kawasaki we used to do 1st service free and then charge accordingly there after on new bikes and 1st service free by arrangement/negotiation on 2nd hand bikes. Mostly as a deal sealer on the 2nd hand bikes to encourage business etc (totally in house decision) and the new bikes it was part of the normal.
    Wasn't any skin off our nose to do this for clients as the 1st service wasn't that much of an undertaking and ensured that the bike was torqued up properly after the initial bed-in period and then for there-on in anything that went wrong etc could only be due to the owner or a major failure (which minimised undue or misaligned warranty claims). Doing it on 2nd hand bikes was more a courtesy thing to hopefully promote more business, which it usually did.

The cost of filters and oil aren't anywhere near what you'd think for 1st service charges, they're charged to the service dept at cost to the company which is a shitload below the over the counter price & reimbursed by the parent company

As of recent having been dealing with agricultural machinery, mainly CASE tractors I know for a fact that even for all new tractors the 1st service is 100% free but from there on in the costs increase dramatically But as a standard service for a 140hp tractor was roughly $3500 and a top to bottom major could easily exceed $5000 and go see the bank manager if you had anything like a STX Quadtrak (sent $15k of stock to a STX450 service on one occasion and regularly sent thousands of dollars worth of oil & filters to the USAR STXs in Antarctica) . Stock run of the mill 1st service though usually had a change of oil & a couple of filters.....maybe $250-$500 depending on what filters were required and the technicians hourly rate was soaked up by the business and charged through to CNH and at $120+ per hr and was secure money

Bike
    Various things
    Some business owners can not be very bright then if they decide to stock a product with hardly any profit margin.
    You're beyond stupid. Do you thing a Suzuki dealership should not stock UZ50 scooters because they have basically no margin in them? Think about it before you bother to answer.

Bike
    Various things
    You are the one without an ability to think if you think shops should be stocking products with no profit margin. If you think about it that may be the reason why so many bike shops have gone broke over the years as they have put their love of bikes above economic reality. You are the beyond stupid one and if you own a bike shop I dont see you lasting much longer with the product purchasing decisions you make. Did you know wholesalers themselves do not import all the models a manufacturer makes for the simple reason they see no profit in certain models otherwise they would import the lot now wouldnt they just think about it????
    I'm actually surprised you can remember to breath. It's a pity you can, you're such a waste of space. Here's a lil bit of help for you though. Maybe, just maybe, in selling a UZ50, the dealer gets to sell them some riding gear (which might just have some profit margin in it), get a new customer that gets their new UZ50 serviced with them, and may even tell a friend about the good service at the shop...that also goes through the motions. Then, one day, those same people may even buy a bigger bike or scooter.

But, I did tell you to give it some thought before your answered. Just shows how thick you are. You're that fucking simple, none of that occurred to you. I sure hope you don't breed.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Did you get the same deal with your latest bike?

Your paying for it somehow.

Some new cars have very good free service deals. But your paying for it up front. Can be a deal breaker.

More difficult in the very competitive small NZ motorbike market

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    You are the one without an ability to think if you think shops should be stocking products with no profit margin. If you think about it that may be the reason why so many bike shops have gone broke over the years as they have put their love of bikes above economic reality. You are the beyond stupid one and if you own a bike shop I dont see you lasting much longer with the product purchasing decisions you make. Did you know wholesalers themselves do not import all the models a manufacturer makes for the simple reason they see no profit in certain models otherwise they would import the lot now wouldnt they just think about it????
    Obviously never ran a business in little ol NZ

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Various things
    When I go to the supermarket I only buy discounted and loss leading products mostly so they
    make very little out of me. I bet if everyone only bought loss leading products supermarkets would not survive
    either.
    You sound like such a fun person to be around.

Bike
    Various things
    just think about it?
    Bit rich coming from you.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    I am on a low income and I bet if you were you would buy mostly at bargain or loss leading prices too
    just think about it?
    Apparently you can get some bargains for $20 in ChCh just by being out walking your dog.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11928207

Also opportunity to increase your income
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    I import vehicles and I really don't think it costs that much at all.

Ask for an itemised bill to explain the cost ?

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Could you guys please not derail every single thread by insisting on arguing with this troll? Just ignore the troll, stop engaging.

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    the simple fact is the distributor sets the RRP price, without any rego/WOF costs, ,

each dealer sets its price for on road coats, some include the freight charges some distributors charge and assembly cost, some only incl the rego and WOF fees,

if you want the bike, ring around and find who will do you the best ride away price, if it is on a promotional pricing, dont expect much discount, as the dealer will be funding some of the deal by way of reduced margin, and there will be limited units at that price,

and your right Crasher, there is no money in selling cheap scooters, as it normally takes the same amount of time or more, than selling a 12-20K road bike, which you do make a decent $$ value off,

as for assembly costs, you can not assemble the bike yourself, as it has to pass the factory PDI check, and be signed off in the LTSA System, with the bike shop and mechanic registered

Thread Information