Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: On Road Costs

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I am on a low income and I bet if you were you would buy mostly at bargain or loss leading prices too
    just think about it?
    But you stated above that you only purchased loss leading products so the supermarkets don't make money from you, not because you were on a low income. Make your mind up, or are you just making shit up again?
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    Could you guys please not derail every single thread by insisting on arguing with this troll? Just ignore the troll, stop engaging.
    It makes an otherwise dull thread worth following for a bit.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    Could you guys please not derail every single thread by insisting on arguing with this troll? Just ignore the troll, stop engaging.
    My $0.02 worth
    Brought my first bike from dealer.
    Not altogether bad experience but now I am better informed. I knew nothing about mbikes before I brought.

The on road costs where mostly basic to understand.
    Yes I would ask for what can be provided on first service for piece of mind.

Having asked for registration to be delayed till After new year. I made a deposit at Xmas. Then found out it had been registered in December. Next time no deposit.

Picked up bike then found it was old stock. This wasn't explained at time of purchase. It wouldn't have stopped me buying it. But nice to know.

My biggest bug bear was the short service interval and how much that was going to cost. I wish I had looked into that more. Caveat emptor I guess.

If i was doing it again. I would be nice to be informed about options.

Overall the on road costs were small compared to cost of ownership.

Check out the service intervals and approx cost. Most dealers have a table you can look at.
    Them the breaks.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Apart from an annual oil change which I do myself I dont bother with service intervals as I only do 2-3000k a year.
    Doh - that is a service interval - read any motorcycle handbook and it will have Km service periods or annually - whichever comes first.

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    Who farted?

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    But in reality what can wear out if a bike is ridden far less than the km service interval?
    some poster said best to open the operators manual and see what the service intervals and what they replace

some are time dependant some are km

you need to read and udestand.

obvious for those who take the time.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    But in reality what can wear out if a bike is ridden far less than the km service interval?
    Are you aware of what actually gets replaced during a service ... (and WHY it needs replaced) .. ???

You needed to ask ... so obviously not ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Brake fluid. Clutch fluid. Seals. All age with time, and can start to fail even if not used at all.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzaH View Post
    Who farted?
    Cassina's mouth.

Again.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Apart from an annual oil change which I do myself I dont bother with service intervals as I only do 2-3000k a year. The WOF check will pick up if anything else needs doing that I dont pick up myself anyway. There is a saying that if it aint broke dont fix it which I go by. I am aware my resale value may end up less but I buy bikes now to keep rather than trade in for the latest model every 2 or 3 years.
    Ride more type less.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    You never hear of crashes though due to fluids getting old as opposed to getting to below the minimum level line. Seals (fork) are checked at WOF time as far as I know.
    Brake lines perish with age. Bet there have been some shit-ya-pants moments due to failing brake lines.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Brake lines perish with age. Bet there have been some shit-ya-pants moments due to failing brake lines.
    Have you seen (experienced) what happens when the brake fluid gets "a bit low" .. ???

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    ... my resale value may end up less
    You intend selling yourself ... ??? you better have big tit's ... because you only have a small brain. Post a pic of your tits ... and we'll suggest a price.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Have you seen (experienced) what happens when the brake fluid gets "a bit low" .. ???
    Cassina says no one ever died from that. So it can't hurt right?

I watched this video on Youtube of a guy who ran out of brake fluid but had a can of CRC and used that instead of brake fluid and the brakes became better than a Moto GP bike and then a dog ran out in front of his motorcycle but he was riding on the center-line so had the opportunity to avoid the dog but a campervan was coming around the corner on the wrong side of the road so he laid the bike on it's side and slid under the campervan hit a rock that had fallen off the back of a 1972 Skoda ute which oddly caused the bike to flip upright and he carried on without a issue but it turned out he was on the wrong side of the road but had been to a riding instructor the week before so just knew if he rode defensively he would be be fine and everyone coming towards him got the message and drove on the other side of the road and overnight this became the normal side to drive on and they named the country the USA and then produced a cruiser motorcycle that was more suitable for earthquake damaged roads than a sport bike that makes you try to keep up with the pack and die.

Now I need to take a breath .....

Bike
    R1200GS Adventure
    Well you would loose your stopping ability I would assume.
    It's "lose", you fool.

Thread Information