Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Race / track day insurance

Bike
    bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Wouldn't you feel the pressure to keep up and fall off regardless of the surface?
    Back to under the rock whence you came from Cassina, this is not the discussion for you.

Did the OP check out NAC?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Can't find anything on the NAC website about track day insurance on motorbikes; only for cars

I have a lot of experience with motorcycle racing and can get a lot of referrals, the biggest problem I am suffering is that I'm 20 years old... :/ ; ergo automatically drive like a retard

This is what I was worried about regarding the OP:

Are they gona charge an excess of $10,000 or something because of my age? (The regular excess for road accident is $1,000)

Context:

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    From memory they double your excess. And only slow and med groups.

Im with Swann and I just e-mail them when Im doing it.

Cassina wouldnt make it to the track, probably hit livestock of some kind in her driveway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Meads speed 650R, Kawasaki S2a
    The fact that insurance companies are not keen on offering insurance for the track proves it is not safer than the road as some on here think.
    Insurance companies are keen on......wait for it........making money.

If there is a way they can get out from paying out a claim on your std road going insurance, for your road registered motorcycle, ( thats what your cover is there for, covering you on the road ) then they will.

Accordingly if you rode your ST1100 or R6 into the cook straight, or out on a primary school dirt bike fundraising trail bike ride they also would not cover you for damage.
    Chappy

Come see what the fuss is about....................http://www.californiasuperbikeschool.co.nz/

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    From memory they double your excess. And only slow and med groups.

Im with Swann and I just e-mail them when Im doing it.

Cassina wouldnt make it to the track, probably hit livestock of some kind in her driveway.
    Yeah NAC just doubled your excess.

Being 20 will mean you will be butt fucked regardless of who you go with I think.

Main idea of a track day is to go out n have fun, don't get caught up any ego battles and try and improve your skill set, easier said than done but IMO no one should really be pushing at 100% on a track day with their gorgeous road bike.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Very simple, oft overlooked solution to all of this navel gazing and worrying.

Go buy a cheap track-day bike and ride the snot off it, not really worrying about damaging it.
    There are plenty of ex-racebikes for sale in NZ that would make great track-day bikes for under $5k.
    Any damage is likely to be less than the excess on a road-bike insurance and you get to choose which group and which track-days, and they may in all likelihood be way better than your road bike.

Where do I send the bill for the advice?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    Are you saying that insurance companies think a road registered bike is not as safe to ride on the track and it has nothing to do with the competitive nature of track riding?
    Im saying a road registered bike is insured for riding on the road is all.

There are plenty of reasons to ride/drive on a enclosed circuit that are not competitive. if your partaking in driver training etc then there are insurance companies who factor and cover people for this. Some insurance companies recommend you partake in rider/driver training that takes part on an enclosed circuit as you become a better rider/driver.

If you like blasting at track days and getting yourself up towards your limit of skills and speed then a dedicated track bike is in my opinion the best solution.
    Chappy

Come see what the fuss is about....................http://www.californiasuperbikeschool.co.nz/

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post

Go buy a cheap track-day bike and ride the snot off it, not really worrying about damaging it.
    There are plenty of ex-racebikes for sale in NZ that would make great track-day bikes for under $5k.
    Any damage is likely to be less than the excess on a road-bike insurance and you get to choose which group and which track-days, and they may in all likelihood be way better than your road bike.

what he said :-0
    Chappy

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket

Make it a Ninja 300 or something so that when you get the bug for racing (which often follows) you're ready to go show the world that you're the next Marc Rossi, Jorge Pedrosa or Maverick Marquez

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Can you guys PLEASE stop arguing with that idiot cassina in every thread? You're allowing the troll to succeed in derailing every damn thread.

My insurance is through Kiwibike, though I don't remember who the insurer is, but I've had two different insurers through them with the same track day stipulations: slow and medium groups only, triple excess from $500 to $1,500, no roadside cover.

Bike

That's just not practical for everyone. I do 1-3 track days a year, and ride my bike there and back. I don't have a trailer or a car that can tow a trailer. So I'd be many thousands in capital costs plus hundreds per year in additional running costs in order to do 1-3 track days per year.

Bike
    Suzuki GSX S1000
    Put broken bike and bits on trailer and take it home. Wait a week , throw bike and bits on road, make claim.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmatt View Post
    Put broken bike and bits on trailer and take it home. Wait a week , throw bike and bits on road, make claim.
    This exact thought has certainly crossed my mind.

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Hear what you are saying about the car, trailer etc, although all those things, incl vans, can be rented for much less than the cost of ownership.

It wouldn't be the first time that a bike has mysteriously found its way off the trailer or out the back door of the van........
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Thread Information