Advertise with Kiwi Biker
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcyclists are 3rd most likely to die on the road.

Bike
    1982 HONDA CB750FC

Motorcyclists are 3rd most likely to die on the road.

This is a new statistic out today putting vehicle drivers and their passengers ahead of motorcyclists which should mean lower ACC premiums for motorcyclists and higher premiums for other vehicles as you are more likely to die in them than on a bike.

Bike
    Yamaha XSR700
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    This is a new statistic out today putting vehicle drivers and their passengers ahead of motorcyclists which should mean lower ACC premiums for motorcyclists and higher premiums for other vehicles as you are more likely to die in them than on a bike.
    ACC doesn't pay anything when you die. They may contribute something to your funeral, but nothing else. Death is actually the cheaper option from ACC perspective.

Bike
    1982 HONDA CB750FC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
    ACC doesn't pay anything when you die. They may contribute something to your funeral, but nothing else. Death is actually the cheaper option from ACC perspective.
    But from that statistic the number of injuries from other vehicle crashes would still be substantially higher than motorcycle injuries.

Bike
    Yamaha XSR700
    But from that statistic the number of injuries from other vehicle crashes would still be substantially higher than motorcycle injuries.
    But that was not your actual original argument. Which to me confirmed your limited understanding of how ACC or insurance works. You want a proper debate, stick to your original argument (hypothesis) and defend with logic and support, including credible sources of your assertions.

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Theres a new statistic out every other minute most of em mean shit but do provide some cunt a way of paying his mortgage i guess.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    1982 HONDA CB750FC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
    But that was not your actual original argument. Which to me confirmed your limited understanding of how ACC or insurance works. You want a proper debate, stick to your original argument (hypothesis) and defend with logic and support, including credible sources of your assertions.
    What I have concluded from the statistics is that there are far more ACC claims from non motorcycle accidents yet motorcyclists pay substantially higher ACC premiums. You percieve that to be fair? Statistics can be interpreted differently by different people and I have not problem with you having a different interpretation.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    You should probably provide a link to the stats you're talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberk View Post
    Oh I must really irk you to be repeatedly proven to be a total utter moron in public.

Bike
    1982 HONDA CB750FC
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    You should probably provide a link to the stats you're talking about.
    Its on the stuff.co.nz website

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSR600
    What I have concluded from the statistics is that there are far more ACC claims from non motorcycle accidents...
    Without seeing the stats you refer to ... that's because there a far more cars on the roads than bikes.

It's the same argument that makes labradors the most dangerous dog in NZ. The highest percentage of dog bites are from labs but that's because labs are the most common dog.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Its on the stuff.co.nz website
    Show us.............
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    R6
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    Without seeing the stats you refer to ... that's because there a far more cars on the roads than bikes.

It's the same argument that makes labradors the most dangerous dog in NZ. The highest percentage of dog bites are from labs but that's because labs are the most common dog.
    It is exactly that:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/new...e-most-at-risk

Some of the comments are in line with Cassina's sort of 'logic' as well.

"Boy racers and car modifications should be banned in NZ. Lowering a car makes cornering harder as the centre of gravity is changed, bigger wheels mean more surface area between road and tyre and thus cause wheels to skid easier, Spoilers create down force on a car and reduce traction and larger exhaust tips increase emissions. These are the most visible modifications to a car that are dangerous, don't even get me started on roll cages and sway bars etc. Modified cars are a danger to the driver and everyone else on the road."

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Regardless of statistics .... there is still the simple fact that motorcyclists are still at greater risk of injury or death than other vehicle drivers ...

As already said ... The more cars on the road means ... that more car occupants are likely to be killed or injured in an accident. If the same number of motorcycles were on the road ... as the number of cars ... motorcycles might be outlawed due to the high death/injury rate.

More people die in bed ... than those from motorcycle accidents.
    Sweat wipes off. Road-rash doesn't.

Bike
    1982 HONDA CB750FC
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Regardless of statistics .... there is still the simple fact that motorcyclists are still at greater risk of injury or death than other vehicle drivers ...

As already said ... The more cars on the road means ... that more car occupants are likely to be killed or injured in an accident. If the same number of motorcycles were on the road ... as the number of cars ... motorcycles might be outlawed due to the high death/injury rate.

More people die in bed ... than those from motorcycle accidents.
    So using your logic why not outlaw cars as more deaths result from them colliding than bikes? Sure it would be the same if the ratio between the 2 was swapped over and with the logic that prevails at the moment from the authorites we would be paying less in ACC as we would then be making up the majority of voters.

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Personally I am happy with the ACC system as it stands. Also happy to pay the ACC component on my bike rego.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    Various
    So using your logic why not outlaw cars as more deaths result from them colliding than bikes? Sure it would be the same if the ratio between the 2 was swapped over and with the logic that prevails at the moment from the authorites we would be paying less in ACC as we would then be making up the majority of voters.
    How closely are your parents related, are we talking brother/sister or 1st cousins? Curious as to what level of inbreeding is needed to create your level of stupid.

Thread Information