Advertise with Kiwi Biker
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Motorcyclists are 3rd most likely to die on the road.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    To my surprise there are quite a few motorcyclists on this site that are happy having to pay substantally more in ACC than car drivers. The only people who should be paying substantially more are those with a history of being at fault in crashes and not the fault being placed on the mode of transport.
    The ACC system is not based on an "At fault" policy. AND NEVER WILL BE. It is based on an "AT RISK" (no fault) policy.

Thus ... those that are involved in (ie: have a history of) more accidents than others ... should be deemed "MORE at risk of an accident" than others ... and have to pay a higher levy.
    Sweat wipes off. Road-rash doesn't.

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    The ACC system is not based on an "At fault" policy. AND NEVER WILL BE. It is based on an "AT RISK" (no fault) policy.

Thus ... those that are involved in (ie: have a history of) more accidents than others ... should be deemed "MORE at risk of an accident" than others ... and have to pay a higher levy.
    Symantecs, The rules are different for private citizens in legislation. ACC cannot charge any individual higher levies because of their personal history. The rules change for businessess......"accident" prone forestry and construction companies have been hit with way higher levies for years. Insurance companies are another matter.......
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
    Symantecs, The rules are different for private citizens in legislation. ACC cannot charge any individual higher levies because of their personal history. The rules change for businessess......"accident" prone forestry and construction companies have been hit with way higher levies for years. Insurance companies are another matter.......

I was actually trying to wind up Cassina. But thank you for your contribution ...

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    I was actually trying to wind up Cassina. But thank you for your contribution ...
    LOL.........My apologies FJ, it was never my intention to derail a good wind up. My usually reliable sixth sense for spotting an extraction of the Micheal in progress seems to have failed me on this occasion.......possibly as a result of too many head knocks.......must be an ACC claim in there somewhere
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
    LOL.........My apologies FJ, it was never my intention to derail a good wind up. My usually reliable sixth sense for spotting an extraction of the Micheal in progress seems to have failed me on this occasion.......possibly as a result of too many head knocks.......must be an ACC claim in there somewhere
    No worries ... I'm often too subtle for C to know I'm doing a wind up too .... straight over the head ...

Thread Information