Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's Always Someone Else's Fault

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Bikes use more gas than they should and they pollute far worse than cars. I'm not talking about CO2, I'm talking about the stuff that can't ever be sequestered in any way and is directly linked with health issues and reducing the overall albedo of the planet. There isn't any way to attach the scrubbers, filters air injection systems and catalytic convertors to a bike that go on a very average car these days.
    AIS is coming for bikes, with the Euro Emission bullshit continuing. The new generation of Spyder's have AIS fitted, if it can now be fitted under their bodywork, it won't be long until 'micro systems' are developed.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    None of us have confidence in other drivers.

But we all think we are better than everyone else.

Imagine that.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/new...unsafe-on-road
    Well it's always your fault I get pinged ..weren't for u lot I wouldn't have to pay do much.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    gsx250
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Anyone who thinks that hasn't been tracking their fuel usage.
    My hyosung gets 350 kilometers to 20 bucks. 11 odd litres depending depending on he price. Seems pretty good in my books. 3 5 litres to 100 km I think.

But as you said they can't really clean up bikes as easily with all of the packaging issues.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    A 125cc 2-stroke emits less carbon than a 3.8 litre Commodore. It's just that it's visible vapour.

Remember that not all emissions are visible. Just because something has no visible vapour doesn't mean it's clean.

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650

Interesting link

Here's an interesting article on this topic. Yes it's using 2 cars for comparison but the principle is very much the same.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-41640746

Motorcycles and their emissions relative to other forms of transport is a can of worms which will very soon be opened I reckon.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    A 125cc 2-stroke emits less carbon than a 3.8 litre Commodore. It's just that it's visible vapour.

Remember that not all emissions are visible. Just because something has no visible vapour doesn't mean it's clean.
    Try towing a boat with your 125cc 2 smoke.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    AIS is coming for bikes, with the Euro Emission bullshit continuing. The new generation of Spyder's have AIS fitted, if it can now be fitted under their bodywork, it won't be long until 'micro systems' are developed.
    Gen II KLR650s (2008 onward) have an AIS system that bleeds fresh air into the exhaust port. I'm guessing the extra heat in the exhaust pipe as a result of this external combustion was the reason they went to a stainless steel header pipe where the previous models had a plain steel header.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Thread Information