Thread: hyosung gv250 mods

Bike
    hyosung gv250

hyosung gv250 mods

Hey guys

I have a 2011 hyosung gv250 and would like some help/info/advice on mods and upgrades and so on.

I would love to buy a bigger bike something with a roar and about of grunt behind it but with my partner not being aloud to work for medical reasons means I won't be buying anything bigger anytime soon so might aswel stick with mods for now.

First of all
    Exhaust I have the 2 - 1 (personally I think it's ugly)
    I removed the baffle but as I work start work at 11pm and finish at 4am I dont think my neighbors would appreciate the extra noise hahah. Also the missus said I couldn't keep it that loud.
    So I cut the first 2 inchs off which gave it a bit of a deeper louder tone but also a ruspy sound when reving.
    So question is what aftermarket slip-on or full systems do you recommend
    Any ideas what I can do with my current set up or is the 2 - 2 style pipes that the gv250 comes out with any better.
    I want louder but also deeper and if possible a more gruntier sound but also something that looks good. Not overly bothered about performance but any gains would be good as long as Im not losing power.
    Is it as easy as swap old for new or are there other things I have to take into consideration.

Secondly
    Has anyone got any experience or knowledge on the MAGNUM Smart-Tune Motorcycle Fuel Tuner Performance Module
    Are they any good
    Are they worth the money
    Is there any point
    Are they reliable

Also what over mods in the way of
    - Looks
    - performance
    - practicality
    Do you recommend or am I wasting my time and/or money
    Open to all ideas and all positive and negative feedback (constructive criticism)

Thanks in advance for any advice/help/info
    Cheers

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    stab some holes in it with a No. 2 philips

Bike
    Red-shifted GT250R
    I bought a GT250R with Screaming Demon slip-on and much prefer it over the stock setup (have owned). Yes, it could be quieter. If you can roll up your drive and into the garage (or wherever) on idle, it might be passable for 4am. Just don't blip the throttle when starting. Cheapest and quietest option is to go stock.

Mods generally don't do anything noticeable for performance on this kind of bike, unless you are talking suspension upgrades or similar. The fuel map thing probably won't help. If you want more performance, get a bigger bike.

Start putting the cost of the mods into a savings account, along with the monthly hooker fees, secret beer budget plus a regular nominal sum, then look at the status of the, um, scenario in 12 months. Find creative ways to funnel cash in the account's direction. That always helps.

Thread Information