Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: WOF Question?

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    i have had this happen once, new town and we bought a runnabout, took it in for a wof to a local garage (one of two in town) car cost us $1000.00 the things the garage failed us on were quoted $1600.00 to repair, so i took it to a mechanic i knew and he had a look at all the things the garage had put down, lets just say that in ten years ownership of said vehicle and 40000kms we only had to fix one of those things and that was after 30000km. needless to say that garage has never had any of our bussiness nor do we ever recommend them
    I have had a few bad experiences as well....
    Once bought a saab real cheap in christchurch because owner was told by his garage it had a blown head gasket....was quoted $2000 to repair.
    Long story short...
    Garage very deliberately misdiagnosed....and I ended up with very cheap car trouble free for next 8 years.

Have a few more bad experiences but that one was redicilously deceptive. Did notify and explain story to guy I bought car from
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by awayatc View Post
    I have had a few bad experiences as well....
    Once bought a saab real cheap in christchurch because owner was told by his garage it had a blown head gasket....was quoted $2000 to repair.
    Long story short...
    Garage very deliberately misdiagnosed....and I ended up with very cheap car trouble free for next 8 years.

Have a few more bad experiences but that one was redicilously deceptive. Did notify and explain story to guy I bought car from
    For fucks sake, you would have to be very desperate to deliberately want to do a head gasket on a Saab by choice.
    That kind of work has such a small profit margin & exposes the garage to unnessacarry risk at so many levels even if it did actually need doing. There truly are some dumbasses running garages.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    For fucks sake, you would have to be very desperate to deliberately want to do a head gasket on a Saab by choice.
    That kind of work has such a small profit margin & exposes the garage to unnessacarry risk at so many levels even if it did actually need doing. There truly are some dumbasses running garages.
    Car did not have headgasket problem.....
    He would have pocketed 2k for not doing anything much st all
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Would have had to falsify the invoice for supplying a head gasket/head set, head bolts, milling the head. Even if he had mis-diagnosed it and taken the head off the $2000 would still be the same work involved whether the gasket was blown or not. would be a very very dodgy operator to just give the car back and charge for parts and labour that they didn't do. Suppose they are out there though.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Would have had to falsify the invoice for supplying a head gasket/head set, head bolts, milling the head. Even if he had mis-diagnosed it and taken the head off the $2000 would still be the same work involved whether the gasket was blown or not. would be a very very dodgy operator to just give the car back and charge for parts and labour that they didn't do. Suppose they are out there though.

Nah....easier to explain over a beer.
    I am a fairly handy mechanic myself
    Trust me.
    This waa a money grabbing deal gone wrong.
    I bought and buy project vehicles all the time. ..
    There are some dodgy mechanics about......

Thread Information