Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Poverty measure ... doesn't make sense to me

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    And y'know what? That's actually not the least encouraging result. For years I had a substantial orchard, and in spite of numerous attempts to give fruit away there was fuck all takers. Pick your own? Fuck that shit, far too much effort. So I picked apples, plumbs, pairs etc etc, hundreds of kilos worth, and stuck it in boxes. Still couldn't give it away.:
    They probably figured you'd pissed on it.

And judging by your contributions here it certainly wouldn't surprise me if you had.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    They probably figured you'd pissed on it.

And judging by your contributions here it certainly wouldn't surprise me if you had.
    Oh no, they weren't sad wee conspiracy theorising fuckwits from Taupo.

Just fucking lazy.

And no, I'm still not sucking your shitty cock.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    "There is one elderly lady in particular. She parks nearby, waits for goods to be dropped off and then takes the lot."

And y'know what? That's actually not the least encouraging result. For years I had a substantial orchard, and in spite of numerous attempts to give fruit away there was fuck all takers. Pick your own? Fuck that shit, far too much effort. So I picked apples, plumbs, pairs etc etc, hundreds of kilos worth, and stuck it in boxes. Still couldn't give it away.

Turns out there's a reason most poor people are poor. Apart from the obvious depredations of the ravening capitalist hoards of course. Can you guess what it is?
    Good for her.

Thay's why I'd put in on the doorstep of where it's needed. Not rich whitey land.

They don't produce anything that the market values enough? Or worse yet, dun dun duuuuuuuun. They don't produce anything. Score nicely. I hate getting bad reviews from you. It really really hurts.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Oh no, they weren't sad wee conspiracy theorising fuckwits from Taupo.

Just fucking lazy.

And no, I'm still not sucking your shitty cock.
    Dude seriously, considering the personality you present here, do you really think anyone actually believes your claim of altruism?

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Dude seriously, considering the personality you present here, do you really think anyone actually believes your claim of altruism?
    Dude, seriously, considering the personal beliefs you present here do you really think anyone is actually interested in your delusional opinions?

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    Not rich whitey land.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    R6

Food for thought perhaps, note the emphasis placed on feedback in order to avoid erroneous self perception.

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Fuck you talk some shite.

Turns out there's a reason most poor people are poor. Apart from the obvious depredations of the ravening capitalist hoards of course. Can you guess what it is?
    As a generalisation - because all situations vary......

They have an "I am poor" mindset, rather than an "I am broke" mindset. When they (sub-conciously?) define themselves as "poor", it seems they abrogate all personal responsibility and self respect, and everything becomes someone else's responsibility. Many also seem to acquire an "it's my right and you owe me" attitude, which makes them look like whining, lazy, ungrateful fucks, to the larger society. These are the ones played by the politicians and the media, as if they are the majority. An ennui also seems to set in, where they can't be bothered to even look after their own fecking cleanliness and hygiene (lack of self-respect?) and seem to lapse into a mode of purely personal hedonism/survival.
    There is a section of the population(estimated variously between 3-6%), where that is a state they will naturally inhabit - you can't actually "help" them. Their reality is not "mainstream" reality. The rest of "the poor", can be helped - it does take effort and a lot have dropped into drugs of some sort to "remove" the spectre of society. Many are actually working in a desultory way.
    Those who are just "broke" are usually trying to help themselves, most are working, or trying to find work, and it's normally a change in circumstances that changes the "broke" to "managing...just". Probably about 60% of the so called poor in society are of this ilk - stuck in the mud, trying to find traction.
    The best way to find traction is to have a more equitable, less stratified, more inclusive society, and a government that works for the common good, but we haven't had one of those for about 45 years........
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by SPman View Post
    As a generalisation - because all situations vary......

They have an "I am poor" mindset, rather than an "I am broke" mindset. When they (sub-conciously?) define themselves as "poor", it seems they abrogate all personal responsibility and self respect, and everything becomes someone else's responsibility. Many also seem to acquire an "it's my right and you owe me" attitude, which makes them look like whining, lazy, ungrateful fucks, to the larger society. These are the ones played by the politicians and the media, as if they are the majority. An ennui also seems to set in, where they can't be bothered to even look after their own fecking cleanliness and hygiene (lack of self-respect?) and seem to lapse into a mode of purely personal hedonism/survival.
    There is a section of the population(estimated variously between 3-6%), where that is a state they will naturally inhabit - you can't actually "help" them. Their reality is not "mainstream" reality. The rest of "the poor", can be helped - it does take effort and a lot have dropped into drugs of some sort to "remove" the spectre of society. Many are actually working in a desultory way.
    Those who are just "broke" are usually trying to help themselves, most are working, or trying to find work, and it's normally a change in circumstances that changes the "broke" to "managing...just". Probably about 60% of the so called poor in society are of this ilk - stuck in the mud, trying to find traction.
    The best way to find traction is to have a more equitable, less stratified, more inclusive society, and a government that works for the common good, but we haven't had one of those for about 45 years........
    Bit verbose. The answer's simply because they want to be poor.

There's a lot more than 3-6% whining about privileged rich pricks earning more than them too.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    I may have spotted the problem.

Apparently you're poor not only if you live in a household earning a tad less than average.

And if you're over 11 and don't own a cell phone.

http://www.nzchildren.co.nz/

I always wondered if Darwin was going to get the last laugh, and now we know.

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    I may have spotted the problem.

Apparently you're poor not only if you live in a household earning a tad less than average.

And if you're over 11 and don't own a cell phone.

http://www.nzchildren.co.nz/

I always wondered if Darwin was going to get the last laugh, and now we know.

Povenvy????????
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Thread Information