Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Brighton street races - What happend?

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    That's just glorified flat track racing on the sand, half them wouldn't have the beans to do it if they weren't allowed to use MX bikes

...it's just girder forks and a scooter throwing comp, and a bit more...sounds a hoot...just more Canterbury energy going off...

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...it's just girder forks and a scooter throwing comp, and a bit more...sounds a hoot...just more Canterbury energy going off...
    No doubt it'll be a hoot, a bit of fun for all involved though it's more akin to a grasskana on sand these days.
    Doubt there'll be any riders using a race bike they'd been punting around Ruapuna the week before though there'll be a few who will still have dirt on their bikes from the last MX round they participated in and there wont be many machines lining up on the start grind sporting clip-ons etc either

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...Pete Jones is doing it on his Dunhelt, (1929), that he was racing at Manfield last weekend...it's more an event than any form of competition...I like the energy that the people involved in running it are bringing into bike stuff in Chch...good fun is even gooder when bikes and scooters and crazies are involved...nice hot day to go down and cook yer brain and get sand in yer eyes...I'm working on my T20 so will only hear the reports from the crazies...

Thread Information