Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yamaha RZ500 parts

Bike
    Yamaha xsr900

Yamaha RZ500 parts

Hello everyone, I purchased one of these earlier in the year and its missing some parts, do you know of any NZ sources for used parts for these bikes?

Peter

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by peterwblackburn View Post
    Hello everyone, I purchased one of these earlier in the year and its missing some parts, do you know of any NZ sources for used parts for these bikes?

Peter
    the local dealer down here has tyres, tubes, oil filters, oil, two stroke and gearbox oil, bulbs for headlight, tailight and indicators and probably dash lights too if that helps, oh, and fancy valve caps that look like dice but when you throw them they aren't fair.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by peterwblackburn View Post

Peter
    What parts do you need?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    What parts do you need?
    I'm watching excitedly.
    I need an entire r/h side for one I got in a deal that I haven't got to fixing yet.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    I'm watching excitedly.
    I need an entire r/h side for one I got in a deal that I haven't got to fixing yet.
    Cool bikes, my brother had one, I took it on holiday and did a trip up to Dargaville and back on it
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Waltrip...... trademe dealer was trying to sell a rough one a while back that I'm pretty sure didn't sell. He hasn't got any listings up at the moment but does list regularly so could be worth checking. Be warned though he was an odd bugger to deal with in person when he had the wreckers in ChCh so the persona online could be even more fickle

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Li...member=1715625

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    the local dealer down here has tyres, tubes, oil filters, oil, two stroke and gearbox oil, bulbs for headlight, tailight and indicators and probably dash lights too if that helps, oh, and fancy valve caps that look like dice but when you throw them they aren't fair.
    Sweet. Which one? I've been trying to find an oil filter for an RZ500 for quite some time.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Sweet. Which one? I've been trying to find an oil filter for an RZ500 for quite some time.
    The one I got has worn rockers & rocker shaft. They're very hard to get now.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    The one I got has worn rockers & rocker shaft. They're very hard to get now.
    Pair of crunts!!!!!

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    Waltrip...... trademe dealer was trying to sell a rough one a while back that I'm pretty sure didn't sell. He hasn't got any listings up at the moment but does list regularly so could be worth checking. Be warned though he was an odd bugger to deal with in person when he had the wreckers in ChCh so the persona online could be even more fickle
    If that's who I think it is, he's still working through his Japanese Motorcycle Dismantlers site.

I always got on OK with him.....

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    If that's who I think it is, he's still working through his Japanese Motorcycle Dismantlers site.

I always got on OK with him.....
    Yeah that's him
    I dealt with him a few times and saw a few different sides to his manner to customers (saw one or two storm out of the shop because he was rather short & abrupt or basically ignored them), for my own amusement I called him Arkwright (Ronnie Barker, Open All Hours) for being a gruff bugger to deal with but once you crack the exterior he's pretty good & helpful

actually to add: if you got in the good books you were able to wonder around in the 2nd building over the road unaided and hell there were some gems stashed in there

Bike
    1989ZXR400,GSX1100 & PW50
    I have a complete one, minus the belly pan & wondering what to do with it?? do I sell it or fix it??

Also depending on what parts you need Steve Scullion & his son Ryan had a lot of spares
    "The road to Hell is really grippy with loads of run off & some wicked lefthanders"

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by bistard View Post
    I have a complete one, minus the belly pan & wondering what to do with it?? do I sell it or fix it??

Also depending on what parts you need Steve Scullion & his son Ryan had a lot of spares
    Need any gsx1100 stuff? I have piles of that for trading purposes.

Bike
    1989ZXR400,GSX1100 & PW50
    The only thing I need is a modified or heavy duty clutch basket to stop the dreaded clutch rattle at idle??
    "The road to Hell is really grippy with loads of run off & some wicked lefthanders"

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Surely you just drill it apart and Jam some nolathene in.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information