Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Phillip Island Classic 2018

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    20 bucks a mile, that's a hoot, you keep believing that.
    That's probably less than the crank cases cost per mile.
    Shh, that's what I tell the minister of Finance!!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    i can arrange to have the tyres let down on your bicycle that weekend if it helps?
    Do you know people in the Snowy Mountains!

Bike
    Big Orange KTM
    Just read that Agostini is going to be there with along with 4 world championship winning MV's
    If you're not living on the edge you're not leaning over far enough

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickle View Post
    Just read that Agostini is going to be there with along with 4 world championship winning MV's
    he was there at eastern creek in march, are these events having a cock swinging contest?

Bike
    motocompo
    he was there at eastern creek in march, are these events having a cock swinging contest?
    He is pretty awesome in his own lunchtime.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    Yep, trip # 17.

Should be a good big team there this year.
    The TZ750s last ínternational hurrah.
    Someone else had one in the series up until 87 i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    suzuki
    when did richard scott ride the big TZ at pukekohe? never saw it but word has it it was a legendary ride

Bike
    when did richard scott ride the big TZ at pukekohe? never saw it but word has it it was a legendary ride
    85 or so. Yeah, Scotty loved it. Quite a story behind it. As he told me, they arrived with a semi superbike spec FZ750 from Aussie, but it just wasn't happening. Can't recall if a problem or it was just a dog. So they ended up with the big TZ along the way, which Dave Radar Cullen basically rebuilt in a week to get it ready.

The Bike that Husaberg put the magazine article scan up about was originally ridden by Robbie Phillis. He told me it was the only bike he never crashed!!

Bike
    He's been going to PI for years on and off. IIRC his first trip was 1999 then again in about 2004 and a few years back. He's got some good mates in Aussie!

Bike
    Big Orange KTM
    That they might be, BUT I would prefer to go the Classic at Phillip Island rather than the classic meet at Eastern Creek (now called Sydney Motorsports ), Eastern Creek approx. 3hrs away, Phillip Island at least 8hours away

Bike
    Big Orange KTM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000539.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	758.9 KB 
ID:	334979Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000540.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	639.0 KB 
ID:	334980

Couple of Pix from the classic, one of Ago's bikes & the Very Nice Irving Vincent Sidecar, weather very hot 36C +, good nights at the campground good weekend

Bike
    motocompo
    My GSX came second overall in pre '82, or whatever name the Aussies give it, under number 88 with Dean Oughtred riding it.
    We had a busy Thursday morning giving the bike a service, new clutch, tyres & a few other bits, because I hadn't seen it since I pushed it into the van after Jay Lawrence won the Barry Sheene at Eastern Creek on it, about March last year.
    My pit neighbour & good buddy of Dean, Denis Ackland, the former owner of Megacycle & gsx1100 drag racer from way back, offered a few tuning tips & dialled the cams in to suit the track, which even after the best advice from Grumph, I had managed to stuff up a wee bit quite some time back it seems. We re jetted & set up the ignition timing according to some handwritten information in an excercise book belonging to Denis that looked at least 30 years old, & In short order we had the thing absolutely humming.
    The rest of the weekend consisted of putting gas in it & a few new(ish) tyres & watching Deano ride it like a champ, only coming second to Former Aus superbike champion, Marty Craghill on a beautiful TZ750.
    It was fantastic to have the support of the awesome Carl Cox Motorsport team, which take care of a million di$traction$ so we can just concentrate on the racing.
    Huge thanks to big Carl & Gav from CCMS, Kelly Spargo from Motorcycling Australia, who not only handles our paperwork, but also makes the best toasted sandwiches & wraps, Brian Brown from TT motorcycles in Melbourne, for bringing my bike & taking it away again, Michael Neeves, legendary bike tester & journalist for MCN UK, for giving us his cast off Pirelli tyres, which were superb, even if "pre scrubbed" & me old mate Sheldon, for pitching it with virtually everything, all the time.
    All in all a fantastic long weekend.

Bike
    suzuki
    My GSX came second overall in pre '82, or whatever name the Aussies give it, under number 88 with Dean Oughtred riding it.
    We had a busy Thursday morning giving the bike a service, new clutch, tyres & a few other bits, because I haven't seen it since I pushed it into the van after Jay Lawrence won the Barry Sheene at Eastern Creek on it, about March last year.
    My pit neighbour & good buddy of Dean, Denis Ackland, the former owner of Megacycle & gsx1100 drag racer from way back, offered a few tuning tips & dialled the cams in to suit the track, which even after the best advice from Grumph, I had managed to stuff up a wee bit quite some time back it seems. We re jetted & set up the ignition timing according to some handwritten information in an excercise book belonging to Denis that looked at least 30 years old, & In short order we had the thing absolutely humming.
    The rest of the weekend consisted of putting gas in it & a few new tyres & watching Deano ride it like a champ, only coming second to Former Aus superbike champion, Marty Craghill on a beautiful TZ750.
    It was fantastic to have the support of the awesome Carl Cox Motorsport team, which take care of a million distractions so we can just concentrate on the racing.
    Huge thanks to big Carl & Gav from CCMS, Kelly Spargo from motorcycling Australia, who not only handles our paperwork, but also makes the best toasted sandwiches & wraps, Brian Brown from TT motorcycles in Melbourne, for bringing my bike & taking it away again & me old mate Sheldon, for pitching it with virtually everything, all the time.
    All in all a fantastic long weekend.
    didn't you take the wife as well? or did she take you?

Bike
    motocompo
    didn't you take the wife as well? or did she take you?
    Yes, she came too, for a very different reason.
    She passengered a LCR F2 sidecar for multiple world champion, current BSB champion, I.O.M TT winner & all round top bloke Tim Reeves. Unfortunately a mechanical resulting in a D.N.F in one race relegated them to third for the weekend.

Bike
    suzuki
    Yes, she came too, for a very different reason.
    She passengered a LCR F2 sidecar for multiple world champion, current BSB champion, I.O.M TT winner & all round top bloke Tim Reeves. Unfortunately a mechanical resulting in a D.N.F in one race relegated them to third for the weekend.
    they took one second how many other races and what results?

Thread Information