Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phillip Island Classic 2018

Bike
    Big Orange KTM

Phillip Island Classic 2018

Anyone going to this?
    Went a couple of years ago, was a great meeting up & close to some very exotic machinery, Colin Edwards racing for Team America & Troy Corser racing for Team Australia along with Jeremy McWilliams should be good
    If you're not living on the edge you're not leaning over far enough

Bike
    motocompo
    Will be running my gsx1100 in period 5. Fortunately it's currently stored in Melbourne.
    The usual rider has a date clash, so am scoping out talent.
    May be a up & coming NZ rider that recently returned from competing overseas at this point.

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Yep, trip # 17.

Should be a good big team there this year.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    Yep, trip # 17.

[/IMG]

Should be a good big team there this year.
    Gizza go on ya bike Mr! Promise not to crash it. Sort of.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Gizza go on ya bike Mr! Promise not to crash it. Sort of.
    "Sorry for the delay in answering your call, we are experiencing unexpected demand, you are call 434th in queue. Expected wait time till your call is never minutes...please have your ID and 150% of the bike value in cash waiting"

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Will be running my gsx1100 in period 5. Fortunately it's currently stored in Melbourne.
    The usual rider has a date clash, so am scoping out talent.
    May be a up & coming NZ rider that recently returned from competing overseas at this point.
    From Taupo?

Bike
    Exercycle
    Yep, trip # 17.
    And how many times have you brought it South ?

Bike
    Various things
    "Sorry for the delay in answering your call, we are experiencing unexpected demand, you are call 434th in queue. Expected wait time till your call is never minutes...please have your ID and 150% of the bike value in cash waiting"
    I'm pretty good at jumping queues and starts mate.

Bike
    Big Orange KTM
    I'm riding the down there, takes 8 hours so will have my leathers, helmet ready, camping at the track
    If you're not living on the edge you're not leaning over far enough

Bike
    motocompo
    From Taupo?
    Scrivy? Na, he would just crash it.
    I'd rather firm it up before naming him.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    And how many times have you brought it South ?
    Seeing as I specifically pay all my own racing bills and I have no direct "here's money" type sponsorship and I do that on purpose, I have no need to explain to anyone why or have any requirement to ride at any event that I don't want to.

Reasonings are many and varied. Work, clashes with other sports events, funds etc, focussing on a specific set of events, let alone the shear cost ($ and time) of running a TZ750 (20 bucks a mile we figured, 15 years qgo), or 2 other race bikes I ride regularly also. There are many meetings I don't go to up here also, so I can do the ones that I want to focus on with the limited budget I can apply to racing. I balance what and where I ride so I can do things like PI. Note that I have a very long history with the event and the people that run it given I have ridden at every event since 2002 - I am now likely to be the longest attending international rider at Phillip Island out of all the international competitors which number 50+ every year.

I have planned my season this year around PI and all 4 rounds of the nationals. Again, I am clashed with the MP Southern Classic with a cycling event I wanted to do again with a mate who I rarely see, as he lives in Aussie.

Any consolation, the 750 since I finished the rebuild proper in mid 2016 hasn't been to Aussie either, though it did come from there.....and is all the better from it's emigration.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Scrivy? Na, he would just crash it.
    I'd rather firm it up before naming him.
    Scrivy, Lol.....

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    I'm pretty good at jumping queues and starts mate.
    I'm a fair to all men and women sort of guy....

Bike
    suzuki
    Seeing as I specifically pay all my own racing bills and I have no direct "here's money" type sponsorship and I do that on purpose, I have no need to explain to anyone why or have any requirement to ride at any event that I don't want to.

Reasonings are many and varied. Work, clashes with other sports events, funds etc, focussing on a specific set of events, let alone the shear cost ($ and time) of running a TZ750 (20 bucks a mile we figured, 15 years qgo), or 2 other race bikes I ride regularly also. There are many meetings I don't go to up here also, so I can do the ones that I want to focus on with the limited budget I can apply to racing. I balance what and where I ride so I can do things like PI. Note that I have a very long history with the event and the people that run it given I have ridden at every event since 2002 - I am now likely to be the longest attending international rider at Phillip Island out of all the international competitors which number 50+ every year.

I have planned my season this year around PI and all 4 rounds of the nationals. Again, I am clashed with the MP Southern Classic with a cycling event I wanted to do again with a mate who I rarely see, as he lives in Aussie.

Any consolation, the 750 while I have owned it hasn't been to Aussie either, though it did come from there.....and is all the better from it's emigration.
    i can arrange to have the tyres let down on your bicycle that weekend if it helps?

Bike
    motocompo

Reasonings are many and varied. Work, clashes with other sports events, funds etc, focussing on a specific set of events, let alone the shear cost ($ and time) of running a TZ750 (20 bucks a mile we figured, 15 years qgo)
    20 bucks a mile, that's a hoot, you keep believing that.
    That's probably less than the crank cases cost per mile.

Thread Information