Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Police motorcycle Safety vid.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    So if you vary your position for differing bends you are no longer sticking to the police or riding school taught lines though. Maybe the lines shown in that video should only be taken on gentle bends with no traffic coming the other way then which should have been stated in the video don't you think?
    Oh I think all the time, try it for yourself, you might even come up with a new thought...

Police or riding school stuff is generally called Roadcraft, and part of positioning uses the SSV approach. It stands for Safety, Stability and View. This is where the flexibility comes from, and yep it's part of the formal syllabus. Go along to a riding school that uses Roadcraft, who knows, you might even learn something. But until then, keep quiet when the grown-ups are discussing stuff you've proven you can't wrap your head around

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Oh I think all the time, try it for yourself, you might even come up a new thought...

Police or riding school stuff is generally called Roadcraft, and part of positioning uses the SSV approach. It stands for Safety, Stability and View. This is where the flexibility comes from, and yep it's part of the formal syllabus. Go along to a riding school that uses Roadcraft, who knows, you might even learn something. But until then, keep quiet when the grown-ups are discussing stuff you've proven you can't wrap your head around
    Haha haha - that was almost verbatim with respect to what I was going to write! Then I wondered what I was doing responding to a complete cock who will never change so went and had a gin and tonic instead. Feel so much better for that . I'd recommend you do the same right now Rob - good for your blood pressure

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    I'm ahead of you's both. Got the Metaxa glow.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzaH View Post
    That's the story

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    I'd rarely take those lines myself, however I still think it is a good video for new riders to follow. Many accidents occur because the inexperienced riders corner too early and then have to correct mid-bend. Ending up on the wrong side of the road or in the ditch is best avoided and teaching such basics has to be a good thing.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Such safety videos would be better done on more technically challening roads like the Akaroa hill road with a lot of traffic being present as well.
    The only thing "technically challenging" about the Akaroa hill road ... is dealing with the muppets that cant keep on their side of the road.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    There are now other posters that say on here that going to riding school is no guarantee you will never crash
    Ah - there are NO guarantees riding or driving on our roads. However a riding school, and associated tips gained during the school may just stop you from being a casualty.

It's as simple as that.

I've not personally done one (yet) but Rastacats recent post on following distances made me think about my own riding/driving and I have changed my following distances as a result. Thus reducing my 'potential' to crash.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Some of us can actually corner without having to go to riding school and you now say riding school teaches flexibility which is not what the Police video was about though which a commentator to the video also pointed out. There are now other posters that say on here that going to riding school is no guarantee you will never crash did you know and from my crash experiences it would not have saved me.
    You fucking idiot. Nobody has ever said that going to riding school means you will never crash. Ever.

And as for cornering, weren't you the twat talking about putting your feet down to get round tight corners?

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    And this can mean making a departure from the lines in the Police video and what is taught in riding schools.
    If YOU stick to the ADVISED speed limit on the corners ... what could possibly go wrong ... ???

How can you lecture on the lines riding schools teach ... if you haven't been to one .. ???

Question ... Do riding schools teach "Lines to take in corners" ... or safe cornering methods. Or are they the same thing ... ???
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    I Ride No More
    I focus on cornering safely without focusing on any particular riding school or Police lines. I may very well do a police line on some corners but it is not something I would feel any better about than any other line I would take.
    I personally don't care what line you choose to take through a corner, as long
    as you don't try to give advice (as in post #30) to other riders.

Let me ask you:

Do you actually feel that you contribute anything worthwhile to the discussion
    on these threads ( given the amount of push-back you regularly get from other
    posters) ?

I can't honestly see why you bother to comment. Other than to give your personal
    misconceptions a regular airing.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Some of us can actually corner without having to go to riding school
    Several dogs and the odd goat show you cant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    And this can mean making a departure from the lines in the Police video and what is taught in riding schools.
    You are a fuckwit
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Some of us can actually corner without having to go to riding school and you now say riding school teaches flexibility which is not what the Police video was about though which a commentator to the video also pointed out. There are now other posters that say on here that going to riding school is no guarantee you will never crash did you know and from my crash experiences it would not have saved me.
    You are a fuckwit....
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Haha haha - that was almost verbatim with respect to what I was going to write! Then I wondered what I was doing responding to a complete cock who will never change so went and had a gin and tonic instead. Feel so much better for that . I'd recommend you do the same right now Rob - good for your blood pressure
    Haha, no worries about my blood pressure my good man. Just can't leave stupid alone to keep posting stupid stuff...so occasionally I have to fire back a bit. Shame it's not the old 20mm Gattling at full noise

Quote Originally Posted by GazzaH View Post
    Nice one. But talking to a brain dead muppet doesn't encourage me to drink. Will save that until I get home from my last rostered shift.

Oh and cassina, Akzle said you're a fuckwit. You've yet to say anything that disproves the assertion.

Bike
    It was on the good
    I wouldn't know, have never been to riding school.

Many on here find my posts very worthwhile otherwise they would not waste their time replying.
    Idiot.

Thread Information