Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Police motorcycle Safety vid.

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Many on here find my posts very worthwhile otherwise they would not waste their time replying. Thats the whole idea of discussion forums to give personal opinion and if you dont like my personal opinion why waste your time replying to me too? There are other posters on here who feel all those who reply to me are no better than me to put it politely.
    just when i thought you couldn't get more stupid........
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    About putting my foot down I actaully said that in response to another poster on here that said that. It beats dropping your bike in certain situations but I imagine for you if it is not taught in riding school its either dangerous or impossible eh!!
    Sounds like a fucking good way to smash your ankle to pieces. Thats retarded riding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    I Ride No More
    Many on here find my posts very worthwhile otherwise they would not waste their time replying. Thats the whole idea of discussion forums to give personal opinion and if you dont like my personal opinion why waste your time replying to me too? There are other posters on here who feel all those who reply to me are no better than me to put it politely.
    Well, that saved me going to the "Jokes" section for a dose of humour.

A rely to some of the points in your latest reply:

1. "Many on here find my posts very worthwhile"

Really ? What's the weather like on your planet today ?

Just for once, point us to a few examples to illustrate your assertion.
    I must have missed those threads and posts. They'll be a treat to read.

2. "Otherwise, why would they waste their time replying"?

The reason they reply is because they often do not agree with your point
    of view, and find some of your suggestions either misleading or in some
    cases slightly dangerous.

I know I'm not the only one to feel that way. Taking a quick look back
    through this thread alone easily confirms that view.

3. "If you don't like my personal opinion, why waste your time replying to me?"

As to 'why reply', read the response to point (2) above.

4. "There are other posters on here who feel all those who reply to me
    are no better than me".

I hate to burst your bubble, but there are probably many on KB who have
    replied to you in the past, and are more knowledgeable and accomplished
    motorcyclists than you. And whose opinion I would far more readily choose
    to listen to.

Just to illustrate why people take you to task, why don't you re-read one
    of your earlier posts (#30) in this thread on the topic of riding lines through
    corners. And reflect on what you actually wrote.

Quote:
    "I focus on cornering safely without focusing on any particular [ riding
    school or Police ] lines. I may very well do a Police line on some corners,
    but it is not something I would feel any better about than any other line
    I would take".

The above is from some-one who has openly admitted to not having any
    rider training or done any formal rider training courses, yet who continues
    to belittle parties offering rider training courses.

What the above tells me is that you simply don't know what riding lines
    you use through corners. And that you don't actually care enough to find
    out which ones you should use (even for your own safety sake).

Yet, had you chosen to do some minimal rider training, you would probably
    have learned the reasons for riding specific lines through corners and the
    safety benefits they offer.

What puzzles me most is that you seem to treat your lack of training and
    knowledge as some kind of "badge of honour". Be assured it isn't.

Ride on.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking01 View Post
    Yet, had you chosen to do some minimal rider training, you would probably
    have learned the reasons for riding specific lines through corners and the
    safety benefits they offer.

What puzzles me most is that you seem to treat your lack of training and
    knowledge as some kind of "badge of honour". Be assured it isn't.

Ride on.
    The "badge of honour" is from the cassina school of fuckwittery me thinks.

You'd be right Nils, the sole reason I respond to some of the moronic musings from cassina, is simply to refute the utter garbage that he/she splashes across our forum. On a personal level the flow of knee deep excrement bothers me little, but would hate to think a newbie takes some of the utterings at face value and puts themselves in harms way.

To use an example, I had an observed ride recently with a rider who'd been given some dubious advice, was following it in a rigid fashion and thus putting himself in harms way. Once shown the correct technique, the rest of his riding seemed to make significant improvements as well. It merely reinforces that sound coaching works wonders.

Would hate to leave some of cassina level advice unchallenged, lest a newbie not recognise the stench emanating from said advice, and thus be placed in a hospital food environment as a result.

So to quote Akzle, cassina is a fuckwit. Have yet to see anything to refute his assertion, so maybe we should have a poll on this becoming the stock response to any cassina-isms.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    You ride your riding school lines sport and I will ride my lines Just because you think there is no such thing as being self taught it does not mean everyone else thinks the same way.
    Self taught in English clearly is not working for you.

Going by the hundreds of times you have crashed, neither is riding.

You are so far out of your depth in this discussion, it comical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    I Ride No More
    You ride your riding school lines sport and I will ride my lines Just because you think there is no such thing as being self taught it does not mean everyone else thinks the same way.
    Based on some comments in some of your previous postings, I am probably only
    just a few years older than you, so I too started in the "self taught" school.

The difference between us is that despite doing dirt bike and street riding when
    young, I realised that I could do a whole lot better. And become a whole lot safer
    along the way.

So when I returned to riding in my late 40's, I made sure that I went to a number
    of rider training courses to improve both knowledge and technique. Motorcycles
    had also changed a little in the interim as well (e.g. better braking and suspension),
    so there were a few new things to take onboard.

So by all means, you ride your lines (whatever they are) and I'll ride my lines.

But - leave the rider training schools and IAM alone !

If you're not willing to explore what they have to offer - and try them out - with
    some serious intention of improving your riding, then zip your lip !

Over and out.

Bike
    A
    The notion of "self taught" and truly proficient at some skill places one in a very small minority.

The majority of folks who wish to be proficient at some skill will need a bit of a hand.

On the basis of the evidence provided to date, cassina may well be "self taught" but far from proficient at the skill of riding a motorcycle.

So therefore one might wish to exercise caution when reading her musings, for it might endanger ones' health. Which is merely a polite way of saying cassina is a fuckwit

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    To tell the truth, we actually have a roster to keep you busy so others can sneak out for a ride in safety.
    Political Correctness, the chief weapon of whiney arse bastards

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    There are other posters on here who feel all those who reply to me are no better than me to put it politely.
    Who are these posters? Can you point them out please.

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    So if you find my posts unhealthy why do you waste your time reading them fuckwit?
    How the fuck would he know if they were unhealthy unless he read them in the first place? Sheesh......

Bike
    A
    So if you find my posts unhealthy why do you waste your time reading them fuckwit?
    Oh you see, there is much you don't understand. You giving blatantly dangerous advice (call it opinion of you wish) is unhealthy for someone who fails to recognise your crap for what it is. That is the sole reason I respond to some of your stunningly stupid musings.

The fact you're dumber than the law should allow has no effect on my blood pressure

Bike
    R6
    The difference between you and me is while our ages may be similar I never took a midlife crisis break from riding so i never lost the hang of it like you did and maybe if I had been a MLC returning rider I may very well have gone to riding school too.
    We've heard about your riding experiences and techniques, the only reason you never 'lost the hang of it' is because you have never, ever, had anything even slightly resembling 'the hang of it' to begin with.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    The difference between you and me is while our ages may be similar I never took a break from riding so i never got the hang of it like you did and maybe if I had, I may very well have gone to riding school too.
    fixed it for ya
    and yeah i added punctuation and the posters name, something you can’t get the hang of
    Last edited by eldog; 11th November 2017 at 18:24. Reason: Relaxing with a Guiness, After a hard day at work.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    I Ride No More
    The difference between you and me is while our ages may be similar I never took a midlife crisis break from riding so i never lost the hang of it like you did and maybe if I had been a MLC returning rider I may very well have gone to riding school too.
    Ah, this thread just keeps on giving and giving ..... 8-)

Post #49
    "You quoted my post but did not read all you quoted and that is I focus on cornering safely
    and that means getting my speed right so I dont end up going over the centre line or off
    the side of the road. If your riding school lines were so safe then why dont they mark them
    on the road then in some sort of non slippery paint like the green they use for cycle lanes?"

So what are you telling me? As long as I get my corner entry speed right, then I can forget
    about riding lines into and through the corner (because "I'll be safe") ?

And what's this about painting lines on the road, so that you'll know where to go? Have you
    got a limited attention span ? Can't you remember suitable riding lines from corner to corner?

Post #52
    "The difference between you and me is while our ages may be similar I never took a midlife
    crisis break from riding so i never lost the hang of it like you did and maybe if I had been
    a MLC returning rider I may very well have gone to riding school too."

So I suffered a "midlife crisis break"? Ah, What an absolute hoot ! You do have a sense of
    humour. I had better share that one with my wife. That's sure to crack a smile.

You have a good evening.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    you would have to do a riding school course before getting a license would you not?
    You best idea yet. Car or motorcycle.

I started my daughter off with the driving basics - ie how to operate the car proficiently - then shipped her off to a driving instructor who taught her how to survive. She aced her license, aced her full a year later and comfortably travels between Christchurch and Dunedin.

Thread Information