Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Police motorcycle Safety vid.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Whats the dangerous advice? I guess you would say that its me saying that its possible to ride a motorcycle safely without going to riding school. The NZTA/Police must agree with me too otherwise you would have to do a riding school course before getting a license would you not?
    Guess you have not heard of the CBTA then you retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    No retard I have not heard of it.
    And there we have it. Just admitted they have no knowledge of the rider licence system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    The driving instructor may have taught your daughter how to survive as a result of what she does but there is no guarantee of survival if someone else should screw up close enough to her. That goes for everyone.
    Oh is today "national state the obvious day" ?
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Oh is today "national state the obvious day" ?
    On this site? it's mostly any day between January 1st and December 31st of any year. Just the one nominated day is no where near enough.
    '' i'd let you touch me.''

Sorry fulla but I am spoken for.

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    About putting my foot down I actaully said that in response to another poster on here that said that. It beats dropping your bike in certain situations but I imagine for you if it is not taught in riding school its either dangerous or impossible eh!!
    You are a fuckwit
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    As a returning MLC rider I have found this forum extremely valuable with these types of threads, "BUT" I have to admit as a new member it took awhile to sort out those members who actually knew what they were discussing and those who think they knew.

Either way, any discussion that educates us less competent riders and hopefully improves our riding abilities on the road has to be good.

I give a big thank you to those experienced riders who spend the time making sure posts are reasonably accurate and correct.

I had spent many years riding various bikes, raced a bit of speedway on 3 wheels, but admit after close to 25yrs of very little bike riding I did find that it took awhile to feel comfortable back on the road, I don't think that was a bad thing really because it ensured I rode well within my capabilities and maybe my older age has me being more aware of my surroundings, road conditions, other road users etc.

Either way please keep posting the advice and safer riding clips, many of us appreciate it.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by old slider View Post
    Either way please keep posting the advice and safer riding clips, many of us appreciate it.
    The chap who posts under Roadcraft Nottingham on Youtube has some really good stuff, sample below. Yes he coaches Roadcraft, same as some of us in NZ.

https://youtu.be/EBvsaN3Tc9c

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    The driving instructor may have taught your daughter how to survive as a result of what she does but there is no guarantee of survival if someone else should screw up close enough to her.
    Dick.

There is no guarantee of anything (other than death and taxes) but any driving trainer educates on the importance of awareness of those around you. After all that dog up the road just might run out in front of you .....

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    After all that dog up the road just might run out in front of you .....
    It will be ok, for the dog will have to pay higher ACC premiums, on account of being at fault

Bike
    I Ride No More
    Not a bad video but for myself I would only worry that much about the actual road surface itself if it was wet. I noticed he attacked riding school instructors who hug the centre line on bends which is something I think is taught in NZ from reading some posts on here. I noticed he said to ride on the left side of the lane where there could be a possiblity of a car doing an overtake coming towards you. When I said that I did that on here I was rubbished.
    Perhaps you should have limited your reply to "Not a bad video" and
    just left it at that. I didn't get any further useful information after that
    point.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Dick yourself. If driving/riding involves going along in a constant state of paranoia that a dog will run out and hit you, you would be better off taking the bus. You sound like you spend so much time looking out for dogs that you could end up being hit by another vehicle in the process. The law of probability would have it you would far more likely be hit by another vehicle so focus most of your attention on them.
    Again you miss the most basic of points on this forum. Is English not your first language?

You were wanking on about probabilities again, and I was speaking of situational and environmental awareness - anytime I'm on the road I'm absorbing a shit load around me - other road users, dogs, road conditions, attractive women .....

Buses crash too .........

And I'm more than happy to compare real life crash rates with you as by your own posts I have a shit load of catching up to do to match your record.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    At least if you get taken out by a dog or car that does not give way while lusting after an attractive woman standing on the side of the road your last memory prior to impact will have been a pleasant one.
    On this I think most of KB will agree

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    At least if you get taken out by a dog or car that does not give way while lusting after an attractive woman standing on the side of the road you last memory prior to impact will have been a pleasant one.
    would you be that attractive woman?

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    There is no guarantee of anything (other than death and taxes) but any driving trainer educates on the importance of awareness of those around you. After all that dog up the road just might run out in front of you .....
    or worse it could reverse into you

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    I Ride No More
    I have no problem if you found my comments beyond the point you thought was ok were over your head.
    You mean:

1. Like the part on the video clip (45-55 sec) where he purposely points out
    road conditions to avoid (like broken road surface and badly patched potholes),
    but you - with your Pied Piper riding skills - still feel qualified to advise that
    "I would only worry that much about the actual road surface itself if it was wet".

As if potholes, broken seal or edgelines are only a hazard in the wet.

2. Like the part where "he attacks riding school instructors who hug the centre
    line, which is something I think is taught in NZ".

Where you have no direct knowledge of what is being taught by NZ based riding
    instructors, nor have you ever bothered to find out. Where a number of local
    training practitioners have advised you (many times) that while you may ride a
    path close to the centre line on left hand corners, you should always sacrifice
    position for safety.

So, Yes, your comments (just like missiles) went whistling over my head, off
    into the distance, destinated to miss the target yet again.

Thread Information