Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *555 (Community Roadwatch Report)

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Driving south from Cheviot was almost taken out with a number of other cars by a twat trying to overtake all of us on a corner, much evasive action required from everyone to avoid a big pile up, so called *555 with the rego number.

Ended up following behind and when we got to Amberley a cop car pulled out and stopped them. Carried on past then got a phone call from the cop, so turned around and gave a witness statement in person so they could issue the appropriate infringement notice, gave them a wave and carried on our way.

Sometimes it works...
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    suzuki
    i've used it a few times, couple of deisel spills, quick service, followed one guy who was using a servo station window cleaner as windscreen wipers in the rain, they wanted me to tail him all the way which i couldn't as i'd lost him , another with unsafe load, the cops can't be everywhere and if i can save someones arse i will

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    i have heard rumours about tickets being sent out on the basis of a *555 call, not something i personally am in favour of otherwise people with their heads shoved to far up their own ass tend to think they are god and know what is safe and what is not. but like i said already, they are only rumours.
    I can advise that it doesn't happen. Under NZ law, it cant happen.

Bike
    It was on the good
    I have been on the receiving end. Someone obviously didn't like me filtering to front of the queue at the lights which I do every day so a couple of weeks after some kind of 'event' I got a letter accusing me of cutting someone up. It must have looked way different to the person who phoned it in, or it was the ex having a dig.

I assume that even though there is no evidence of who was riding if the registered owner gets several letters they will end up with a visit. So I go a different way so I don't have to deal with it. Fucked if I am sitting in traffic on a motorbike.

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Called said number on a drinking driver, gave reg and car description, the operator said they had multiple calls about this persons driving, they asked were abouts I was and the general direction
    of where the other driver was heading, they thanked me for the call.

Bike
    Exercycle
    The wife used it a few months back. South of Timaru, came up on a towed caravan doing about 110k and tankslapping badly. Backed off and made the call, watching oncoming traffic pulling over to avoid it. Relaxed and let it go into the distance. Cop had pulled it over on the approaches to Oamaru.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    The wife used it a few months back. South of Timaru, came up on a towed caravan doing about 110k and tankslapping badly. Backed off and made the call, watching oncoming traffic pulling over to avoid it. Relaxed and let it go into the distance. Cop had pulled it over on the approaches to Oamaru.
    That's B.S. You appear to have suggested that the Rozzas did a good job.

This is KB. Keep such false opinions to yourself.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    On the occasion when I found myself flying through the air feet first looking up at the sky wondering, "What the fuck was that?" I had stopped my moped but the car behind me hadn't, he was accelerating.

Not long after I'd picked myself up and dusted myself off a cop turned up, neither myself nor my assailant had called. In answer to my question I was told that there had been multiple *555 calls from traffic waiting at the lights.

Personally I have never called and when I'm travelling the phone is turned off anyway.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post

Cops were respected by the general public until they got glued to their radar guns.

So yeah most of us like police that do police work ....
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    2007 Suzuki SV1000s
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    I have been on the receiving end.
    Same here, dangerous overtaking apparently X 2

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Was it a mobile donut wagon?
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post

I do apologise - I was taking my wife's word for it.....

She didn't stop so it's possible that the car and trailer in question may have been stopped for a random breath test - or on suspicion of speeding....
    There is of course no way of linking the call or any other possible reports of the car in question to the stop now.
    I'll know better next time.

Bike
    red one & a blue one
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardNZ View Post
    Same here, dangerous overtaking apparently X 2
    i received this beauty :

"it is alleged... your vehicle was seen failing to obey lane markings by overtaking driving down the cats eyes' on the motorway"...............

No shit shirlock............are you friggin serious right now ?

10 years m/c motorway commute & 33 years driving & not one incident (not even a speeding ticket) but witness to more nose-tail carnage than i dare to mention caused by dickshit inattentive, preoccupied & sexting tailgaters driving too close.

One grumpy grid locked jelous arse-hole (Who obviously doesn't know the road code or how to drive a motorcycle) fills out a roadwatch report for my completely legal lane split .... for the love of cheese, give me a break !

If i filled out a community road watch report for every piece of shit driving i see everyday on my cummute... i'd be up all night, every night !

THAT IS ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Supersize Me

Bike
    It was on the good
    I've registered my bike to an ex cop in Christchurch now. Not had a letter for months.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    I've registered my bike to an ex cop in Christchurch now. Not had a letter for months.
    I keep burning your speed camera and parking tickets. Works for me.

Thread Information