Thread: Not a good look or news comment

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200

Not a good look or news comment

Newspaper yesterday - Maybe someone on the ride would like to make comment

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/northern-a...ectid=11941072

Northland road policing Senior Sergeant Ian Row said the man's actions were commendable.

"This is exactly what I would expect good people to do. He acted with intelligence and urgency and although he could not have saved her life, he preserved her body."

Row said other road users were not as helpful, including about 12 members of the motorcycle event "To the Top". Not only did they not stop to help at the crash, but they also ignored a police officer trying to stop them.

"They simply carried on their merry way," Row said.

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, arrogant bunch of cunts eh? I saw a bunch of them carving up the traffic at the kamo rd/ bypass intersection in the rain and it was only a short while after that I heard the sirens going on SH1 and the hikurangi Fire station. To be fair there were so many bikes heading up, there is bound to be some dickheads...
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Alternatively - twelve motorcyclists were lucky they were five minutes late leaving their meeting point ........

It's dangerous out there. And another life lost on the road this year unfortunately.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    and yet no mention is made about the 10 SUV s or 12 utes that drove past as well

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    and yet no mention is made about the 10 SUV s or 12 utes that drove past as well
    It is interesting that motorcyclists got singled out for a telling off (and surprising one did not stop).

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Their were a truck load of riders up here for that run, Cruiser riders. I met quite a few heading north and quite a few heading south over the weekend. I had the impression they were generally on top of the game but a few stuck out as fuck knuckles. A minority, no doubt. Such is life, even on forums.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Maybe the motorcyclists did not stop out of fear of being labeled rubber neckers.
    what a fucking stupid comment. Did you not read the article (amazing for someone who constantly posts I read somewhere, I heard somewhere, someone told me, it has been said, etc etc etc)

Not only did they not stop to help at the crash, but they also ignored a police officer trying to stop them.

They were asked to stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are the ultimate fuckwit

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Maybe the motorcyclists did not stop out of fear of being labeled rubber neckers.
    Nah - it was a group ride so by your own logic no motorcyclists stopped because they were pressured to keep up with the pack.

Thread Information