Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello from the States

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    On your map, the blue line heading north from Upper Hutt is the Rimutaka hill road and into the Waiararapa. If you are stayng in the Hutt for a day or two then over the hill and out to martinborough, up the back way to masterton then back down the middle, and back over the hill is a nice round trip.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Going out to Lake Ferry, down the western side of the lake, and Ngawi are a great ride and worth visiting - both on the south coast.

The last Northern Odyssey went round that area - if you'd like I'll find the route directions and send them to you. Might give you a bit more to explore in that area.

Bike
    '14 Z1000SX, '10 Duc F1098S, '03 Z1000
    Pete and Moi, thanks much for the tips. That looks like a nice ride. I also notice that there is a road, White Rock Road, from Martinborough toward Tekaukau Point and beyond to Ngapotiki. On my map it looks sealed except for one short section. Worthwhile? I will be passing through this way twice, so it would be easy for me to add in an extra day for riding around the area.

Bike
    '14 Z1000SX, '10 Duc F1098S, '03 Z1000
    I came down through Rimutaka Hill on Monday. It would have been a nice ride if the wind gusts had not continually tried to slam the bike off the road and into the side of the mountain. Next time I will know to check the weather first

Thread Information