Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to register an old bike with no previous reg details

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikkels View Post
    I checked your post and I pretty much am following your process. I have the original black plate for the bike now and a receipt with that reg number on it but not the frame number. I could possibly get a replacement receipt. Bryce from Buckets and Bits sold me the bike and he has been really helpful.
    The bike is rideable so I am planning on riding it to VTNZ to get the sign off I need. Such a hassle to get a trailer etc.
    book it in, that way if you get pulled up on the way there you've got proof that that is your mission

Bike
    1998 Honda VFR800
    I’ve got the approval to register now so just need to get the bike to VTNZ. New problem. The bike is not charging so may get down there on a trailer. Anybody know a good auto electrician to check the charging system out on an old bike? Auckland based.

Cheers

Bike
    suzuki
    compliance and rego costs, are you sure it's for a bike of this age as it may be generic including current rego costs? rather than classic rate

Bike
    1998 Honda VFR800
    A friend had his done and cost around 600 all up to get a classic back on the road.

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    From memory my old 50's scooter was around that much, by the time the inspection, new rego and other bits and pieces are done.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Thread Information