Thread: SL125 Wheel rebuild offsets?

Bike
    08ktm250excf

SL125 Wheel rebuild offsets?

I have a basket case SL125 that I am restoring. Rims, hubs etc where de spoked before it got to me . Wheels will be sent to Hamco soon but I don't have any offset measurements. Any SL125 owners out there kind enough to assist. Thanks in advance.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Why hamco ? The guy who took over Len Reynold's business in Sydenham - Wire Wheel Services - has all Len's records AFAIK.

Len had been around long enough, the data you need is probably in his book.
    He had Rudge figures when I needed them...

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    I have a basket case SL125 that I am restoring. Rims, hubs etc where de spoked before it got to me . Wheels will be sent to Hamco soon but I don't have any offset measurements. Any SL125 owners out there kind enough to assist. Thanks in advance.
    I have a xl 100 k2 been told its a sl in the past . tell me what to measure and i go give it a go . i thought ofest the forks but you mean the spokes , ?i can take photos of both hubs and rims too.
    I be down there from feb 23 if theres any bits you want look at i can bring them. am limited on the plane . so wheels bit out the qwestion. i rebuilt my engine in the past
    Local bike shop got a 6 volt battery for 20.00 bucks . i just got get a charger that does 6 volt.
    anyone know of a good priced one. my charger is 12 volt only.
    I can drop of the haynes book on little honda singles . pm me or reply here

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Super simple to build yourself. School of YouTube I guess but I just worked it out myself back in the day. The only trick is bend on inner and outer are different.
    But I have always started with the std spokes. Can zinc them.

Once built and true you can mount in fork or swing arm and centralise by loosening every 2nd spoke 1 turn and tightening other spoke. Moves the wheel over a mm or so and keeps in true. Peasy.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    XT660R / TTR250 / 2 old Montesa's
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Why hamco ? The guy who took over Len Reynold's business in Sydenham - Wire Wheel Services - has all Len's records AFAIK.

Len built my 77 Montesa cota 348 wheels...
    he had all the specs / offsets & made the spokes aswell..

be your best bet for wheel rebuilds in ChCh..

Pete

90% of all Harleys built are still on the road... The other 10% made it back home...
    Ducati... Makeing riders into mechaincs since 1964...

Bike
    08ktm250excf
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post

Cheers for the heads up, I have had Len do some wheels in the past for me. Didn't realise someone had taken it over.

Will look into it.

Thanks

Bike
    08ktm250excf
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Super simple to build yourself. School of YouTube I guess but I just worked it out myself back in the day. The only trick is bend on inner and outer are different.
    But I have always started with the std spokes. Can zinc them.

Once built and true you can mount in fork or swing arm and centralise by loosening every 2nd spoke 1 turn and tightening other spoke. Moves the wheel over a mm or so and keeps in true. Peasy.
    Thanks for the advice, have done the odd wheel, maybe need to get some standard spokes and get into it.

Cheers

Bike
    08ktm250excf
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    I have a xl 100 k2 been told its a sl in the past . tell me what to measure and i go give it a go . i thought ofest the forks but you mean the spokes , ?i can take photos of both hubs and rims too.
    I be down there from feb 23 if theres any bits you want look at i can bring them. am limited on the plane . so wheels bit out the qwestion. i rebuilt my engine in the past
    Local bike shop got a 6 volt battery for 20.00 bucks . i just got get a charger that does 6 volt.
    anyone know of a good priced one. my charger is 12 volt only.
    I can drop of the haynes book on little honda singles . pm me or reply here
    Thanks for the offer. I will get the hubs out in the weekend and have a look at it again and get you to have a measure up. The Haynes book would be really handy.I will PM you with more info. Many Thanks, cheers Rod.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Thanks for the offer. I will get the hubs out in the weekend and have a look at it again and get you to have a measure up. The Haynes book would be really handy.I will PM you with more info. Many Thanks, cheers Rod.
    cool rod i be through on the 23rd -25 feb i have alot time on my hands esp
    first day as i wont have my bike till i get down to dunedin . so i get buses.
    walk . i have my bike to ride around next day .
    I have my amiga computer motherboards i got to drop of with a guy down there fixs them.
    see if dads house he built in avondale got the bull doze i say so by know.

Thread Information