Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG RIP here we go again etc

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...fuck off cunt...

Bike
    Street Triple R + Yamaha R3
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    All this discussion about fault. As if fault makes any difference.
    Whilst I completely agree with your entire post, I see that slice of the pie as the low hanging fruit. In my opinion, it shows how much safer motorcycling could immediately be if we all woke up one morning, adopted the right attitude and took self-responsibility for riding safely.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by release_the_bees View Post
    Whilst I completely agree with your entire post, I see that slice of the pie as the low hanging fruit. In my opinion, it shows how much safer motorcycling could immediately be if we all woke up one morning, adopted the right attitude and took self-responsibility for riding safely.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    I cant change everyone else's attitude. But I can change mine instantly.

It's free, and it makes an immense difference.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Fault makes ...
    Fault ain't worth shit ... at fault and dead or not and fault and dead.

Does it really matter if your tombstone reads ... She wasn't at fault ....... ??????????????????
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    The figures for motorcyclist at fault in a crash are lower than expected, going by my experience I expected it to be nearer 75%
    That would be figures for Reported accidents ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robajs View Post
    ... my 10 cents worth.
    ACC is not blaming motorcyclists for being at fault in all (or any) accidents.

Their argument is that we are more at risk of injury or death ... if we are involved an accident. Which we are. Even in a minor accident.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    I know I will be labeled as a religious nutter for saying this but ...
    I wouldn't label you as such ... I have much stronger labels ...

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    All this discussion about fault. As if fault makes any difference.

It's still us who end up in the ambulance or hearse.

How about we stop rolling around in an argument about fault and think about what we can do to prevent being someone else's victims.

For example, instead of blaming crap roads for our woes, how about we ride like the roads are crap. Instead of erupting about people not giving way, how about we ride like people might not give way.

Just a thought.
    Fuck off donut muncher, you're talking far too much sense, you don't belong here
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Fault makes a lot of difference as if there was no one at fault there would be no crashes so there needs to be incentives for people to never want to be found at fault in the first place. I have posted what I would like to see happen there in that those found at fault not only get fined/imprisonsed but also end up paying a higher ACC premium for their actions.
    The issue being that once you've been t-boned by a SMIDSY none of that matters. Eating soft food and hoping you'll walk again become your piorites
    Riding in a way to give way to those that may not give way is limited to times when you have no following traffic that may likely rear end you for braking unexpectedly.
    well maybe. Dont forget you're on a motorbike though. You might be able to go round, or beside or whatever. But situational awareness dictates you should know whats behind you as well as whats ahead and if you'e being tailgated, slow down.
    I dont blame the crap roads at all. It just involves buying a bike that can handle them safer. For those who can not afford to change bikes for different roads they will forever blame the roads I guess.
    I disagree. within reason you can ride any bike on any road. You just have to adapt. And think and be aware.
    Ditching the bike altogether is the only way to reduce the chance of coming to grief and I was told by a bike cop at a motorcycle racing event once that even the police are not keen on wanting to ride a bike to patrol on.
    that does not logically follow - you have conflated two non sequiturs: the only way to reduce the chace of coming to grief is not to ride; and "I once talked to a bike cop at the races". Its the equivalent of saying: "The sky is blue today - I like cheese, and using that as a justification for "but I dont want cheese now because blue sky".
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    I know I will be labeled as a religious nutter for saying this but lets assume there will be a judgement day and if there is it will be those with the least amount of sin (fault) that will likely make it to heaven. So being at fault when you die could end up with your after life not being so pleasant if there is one of course.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! A judgement day! This is the sort of poisonous shit that christians use to brainwash their children! Is that what happened to you?
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! A judgement day! This is the sort of poisonous shit that christians use to brainwash their children! Is that what happened to you?
    It is impossible to brainwash cassina..
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    Street Triple R
    I know I will be labeled as a religious nutter for saying this but lets assume there will be a judgement day and if there is it will be those with the least amount of sin (fault) that will likely make it to heaven. So being at fault when you die could end up with your after life not being so pleasant if there is one of course.
    Oh dear. Really?

It does explain a lot. I believe in reincarnation so it doesnt really matter what I do in this life because my next life will be better.

I don't get involved in arguing about religion in person or on the internet. I'm not interested. My position is that I am a militant atheist and I think that religion (of all forms) is about the stupidest, most evil, thing we chimps have inflicted on ourselves. I cannot believe that in 207 utter idiots (including, apparently, you) not only give it any credence, but expect me to pay lip service to it or "respect" their position. I don't. And I won't. I just won't engage with you.

My final point is this: Hitchens Razor.

Congratulations by the way on being the most epic troll KB has ever seen. Sometimes you exhibit a near-KenM level of genius.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hitchens.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	333340  

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    All Judgment days are fictional. But some are epic and awesome, and some are just fiction:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T2-Poster.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	427.6 KB 
ID:	333341  

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    On hiviz vests. They do make the bike/rider more visible in my practical driving and riding experience. I don't wear one, but if they were made compulsory I can't see how it could reduce my riding pleasure.

And Rastus is right. Fault means fuck all.

Cassina is a fuckwit.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    On hiviz vests. They do make the bike/rider more visible in my practical driving and riding experience. I don't wear one, but if they were made compulsory I can't see how it could reduce my riding pleasure.

And Rastus is right. Fault means fuck all.

Cassina is a fuckwit.
    I have been thinking about that a bit: Most of my helmets have been black. Gloss black Shoei (wore it to work today) and a matt black Bandit. Even my Davida half face I dont wear anymore is black (with flames!). i might try a white or (shudder) hi viz helmet next time.

Thread Information