Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG RIP here we go again etc

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Rode a couple of hundred Ks on/off gravel yesterday. With a group. I felt no pressure to keep up even though Im a Newb at gravel. I know right whats up with that with ADV riders...... Everybody seems to be out to look at the views and not race.

Except one bellend coming the other way on a sealed road. Dude on an Africa Twin came round a right to him turn with his whole body in my lane.

I could go a Woodstock.
    Port Waikato area on Sat?
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Port Waikato area on Sat?
    Yerp. Was a great ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Yerp. Was a great ride.
    Saw all your bikes at Nike Cafe, I did the gravel section on the way back, great road.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    GN250

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Most at fault crashes would not result in the death of the person at fault though so they would have to pay up. They could always bring in the death penalty for anyone at fault where their actions result in death and I bet that would have the effect of reducing crashes too. I am not actually religious but just raised the topic of a possible judgement day in reply to a poster that said if you die at fault of causing a crash there is no difference to dying not being at fault. We will never know if there will be a judgement day until after we are dead though.
    Complete spurious BS!!! Everybody (but you) knows Judgement Day FYI is tomorrow.
    Last edited by granstar; 20th November 2017 at 12:01. Reason: Reply to FW
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    You cant be that dumb to think most "at fault" accidents result in death can you? I dont actually drive or ride with the fear of death like you do but neither do skydivers fly with the fear of death but I would certainly fear death if I tried that. We all have different fear thresholds for different activities I guess. With respect to the death penalty did you know when we had it there were substantially fewer murders than we have today. Its worth pondering over maybe.
    hummm you maybe on to something.....last time we had capital punishment the national level of debt was almost nill, there was no methamphetamine's or any serious drug problems for that matter, gang violence wasn't herd of, heck neither was Donald Trump.....bringing back the gallows gonna fix us ya reckon

(lets not mention the last bloke hanged in NZ (Napier prision IIRC) was latter found innocent....meh he probably had it coming for something else
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Issue all road users with a mirror so they can see a picture of what needs to change.
    Road User gets the new 'free' Gubbermint road safety device issued by RoadCraft Inc.

Unwraps the "Bring down accidents campaign, lets do it, device - it cost 3million to deliver"

Road User looks at it, turns it over and over...
    after several what seems like minutes, a voice can be heard.

"but, but, it can't be me. Its my right to use the road. Its just got to be those foreigners, us Kiwis we are perfect, arent we?"

Yes Foreigners cause some major accidents and they get the headlines.
    But us Kiwis cause just as many - no headlines
    They may not be those on KB, but they are fellow Kiwis, they drive like shit, they drive when they are incapable, they take unacceptable risks.

A lot of these (not all) are avoidable.
    People do have heart attacks, fall asleep, mechanical failure, road not up to standard etc, not all are drug/alcohol/speed
    like most things there are rules but there always exceptions

When riding the user needs to determine what is less likely to cause a problem for them.
    Sometimes I ride fast, but often slow, I make that decision myself.
    Even when group riding, its my own decision. Those who ride with me accept that.....
    I went to Katikati from Auckland on Sunday - no less than 3 accidents in which cars were written off, did I go by.

I often wonder if I should buy a tank.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
    hummm you maybe on to something.....last time we had capital punishment the national level of debt was almost nill, there was no methamphetamine's or any serious drug problems for that matter, gang violence wasn't herd of, heck neither was Donald Trump.....bringing back the gallows gonna fix us ya reckon
    There are occasions where it should be used.

Recently a person stole the purse of a crash victim, from the crashed vehicle while the rescue service was getting them out of the car.
    That person could be first... to help himself.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    What a shit place to take learners on a day like that
    Winge about encountering a bunch of head jobs on Gebbies on a perfectly fine early summer day what did you expect??
    I assess the people I have on a course and did so that day. I then decide where to take them, based on their skills, maturity and confidence.

Of course, you are in a far better position to make that call, sitting behind your keyboard never having met those people.

In future I'll PM you the day before I run a course and ask you where to take them.

Thanks for your help.

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    There are occasions where it should be used.

Recently a person stole the purse of a crash victim, from the crashed vehicle while the rescue service was getting them out of the car.
    That person could be first... to help himself.
    the tossers who nicked my trailer couple months back can be next.....along with all motorbike thieves
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Crazy riders who often overtake multiple vehicles all together. They can be seen most Summer Saturdays and Sundays going from ChCh to Akaroa.
    I passed three in a row yesterday on that road. But I was not in a group ride so it was OK

Bike
    A
    Issue all road users with a mirror so they can see a picture of what needs to change.
    Oh c'mon now, personal responsibility is just soooo 1994

Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    A big call stating that appalling driving leads to fatal crashes. Generally they are small mistakes which unfortunately due to the amount of energy involved result in massive trauma. No idea how you stop someone from making a genuine mistake.
    By nature I'm rather chilled out, but when I repeatedly see clowns overtake on double yellows...not to mention the cell phones users, tailgaters, red light runners etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sichoe View Post

get ready for GPS anklets for all Motorcycle riders so they can ping us automatically for

speeding
    unsafe acceleration
    passing too close to a precious bicyclist
    making a mean noise with your motor
    looking scary and scaring people

enjoy the lifestyle while you can lads, this shit ain't gonna last forever!
    I'll wanna take that GPS anklet skydiving

Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    fellow Kiwis, they drive like shit, they drive when they are incapable, they take unacceptable risks.

A lot of these (not all) are avoidable.
    People do have heart attacks, fall asleep, mechanical failure, road not up to standard etc, not all are drug/alcohol/speed
    like most things there are rules but there always exceptions

I went to Katikati from Auckland on Sunday - no less than 3 accidents in which cars were written off, did I go by.

I often wonder if I should buy a tank.
    The average NZ driver is only below average when compared to countries where licenses don't come out of a Weetbix packet though...

Mechanical failure and medical event accidents combined are still single digit % of total. The rest mostly fits in the category of human error, whether by carelessness/poor skills/impairment.

I assess the people I have on a course and did so that day. I then decide where to take them, based on their skills, maturity and confidence.

Of course, you are in a far better position to make that call, sitting behind your keyboard never having met those people.

In future I'll PM you the day before I run a course and ask you where to take them.

Thanks for your help.
    It's a funny thing aye, the unwashed offering advice on stuff they've not had any formal training in? Can I offer you a truckload of cotton wool to wrap your poor wee trainees up in...

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Can I offer you a truckload of cotton wool to wrap your poor wee trainees up in...
    Wrap mine in cinnamon donuts and you can have your wish.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
    hummm you maybe on to something.....
    Good idea ... forget demerit points ... bring back the noose ...

40 km/hr over the limit ... the noose.

Running red lights ... the noose.

Passing on blind corners and double yellows ... the noose.

Cutting corners ... the noose.

There probably are more crimes just as worthy ... but that'll be a start. BUT ... watch the road toll come down ...

Give Police powers to carry out "justice" roadside ... and their recruitment figures will go through the roof ...

THOSE "Offenders" were probably going to die on the road anyway ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    > 1 < 10
    You cant be that dumb to think most "at fault" accidents result in death can you? I dont actually drive or ride with the fear of death like you do but neither do skydivers fly with the fear of death but I would certainly fear death if I tried that. We all have different fear thresholds for different activities I guess. With respect to the death penalty did you know when we had it there were substantially fewer murders than we have today. Its worth pondering over maybe.
    fuck you truely are batshit crazy.....YOU said...Most at fault crashes do NOT result in the death of the person at fault......once again...please provide evidence to back up YOUR claim to this statement...go on ..i dare ya
    So do you think skydivers would skydive any more safely if they thought they could be fined for skydiving unsafely.....NO DUMBASS....because Death is the highest price they could pay....do you get it now
    somehow i doubt it though
    ***** POLITICIANS *****
    People Of Little Integrity Thieving Innocent Citizens Incomes And Need Shooting

*******KASPA*******
    Knavery Artificial Spurious Pretentious Arseholes

Thread Information