Thread: skool me on B kings

Bike
    R100GSPD

skool me on B kings

need a new bike ,been without the beemer for some time now.These have always intruiged me.I am 190 cm tall,like a neutral handling bike with bags of ground clearance.I like lazy engines so that should be no issue.Prefer a bigger tank too or a 300 km range but these days its not a biggie i guess.

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    need a new bike ,been without the beemer for some time now.These have always intruiged me.I am 190 cm tall,like a neutral handling bike with bags of ground clearance.I like lazy engines so that should be no issue.Prefer a bigger tank too or a 300 km range but these days its not a biggie i guess.
    Pm Mulletman, he is a Bking owner and knows them well.

Bike
    GSX-R 750

Don't thank me - You're welcome

.....Well someone had to, right?

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Huge powerful things with weird exhausts. Actually any I see now have the stock pipes junked and smaller aftermarket mufflers that sound quite awesome to the ear.

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    Im 183cms and one the first things I changed were the foot pegs to Buell ones , you can buy off a fella on the Hayabusa.Org site, there are some other pegs on TM as well ,this will allow your knees to fit nicely into the tanks curves.

Fuel capacity aint much at 16.5lts but will get comfortably 250kms sitting @ 100-120.

It has the Gen 2 Busa engine with smaller airbox so a smidge lower on powa, not really noticeable as I had a Gen 2.

Engine is a peach with really good fueling no stutters anywhere whatever gear or speed loads of torque and power .

Comfy upright riding position , I ditched the small screen it came with - buffeting and it looked bleh.

Stock suspension works ok till you've got the bike sussed, ive sent my forks to RT for new springs and a re-valve about $900, have upgraded rear to a nitron (http://www.nitron.co.uk/catalogue_it...3&prodID=74331) that was $1450.

My wife prefers the seating position on the King over the Gen2 , she can actually see over me for a change but still falls asleep..I have recently fitted 1250 Bandit rear pegs as they have weights and rubber footrests for her comfort - a straight swap.

Over at Suzuki B-King .org theres lots of usefull info there.

Not that many of these awesome bikes about but theres a couple of low km ones on TM atm.

Bike
    Sold
    I have the footpegs you mention on my GSX-S 1000, not because I'm tall but because I have stuffed knees. Joe Satterthwaite is the guy on the Busa forum and he was really easy to deal with. Really high quality product too. Drops the pegs by 20mm on my bike and really improves comfort.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    I have the footpegs you mention on my GSX-S 1000, not because I'm tall but because I have stuffed knees. Joe Satterthwaite is the guy on the Busa forum and he was really easy to deal with. Really high quality product too. Drops the pegs by 20mm on my bike and really improves comfort.
    Aaaaaahh ,the old fucked knees ! yep did the same with the gsxr1000 pegs.

As for the B King , I'd have one of those,felt right at home when I rode one for a day.Big beast but no different to any other big naked. You either like the look or not,but for me yes!

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
    Im 183cms and one the first things I changed were the foot pegs to Buell ones , you can buy off a fella on the Hayabusa.Org site, there are some other pegs on TM as well ,this will allow your knees to fit nicely into the tanks curves.

Fuel capacity aint much at 16.5lts but will get comfortably 250kms sitting @ 100-120.

It has the Gen 2 Busa engine with smaller airbox so a smidge lower on powa, not really noticeable as I had a Gen 2.

Engine is a peach with really good fueling no stutters anywhere whatever gear or speed loads of torque and power .

Comfy upright riding position , I ditched the small screen it came with - buffeting and it looked bleh.

Stock suspension works ok till you've got the bike sussed, ive sent my forks to RT for new springs and a re-valve about $900, have upgraded rear to a nitron (http://www.nitron.co.uk/catalogue_it...3&prodID=74331) that was $1450.

My wife prefers the seating position on the King over the Gen2 , she can actually see over me for a change but still falls asleep..I have recently fitted 1250 Bandit rear pegs as they have weights and rubber footrests for her comfort - a straight swap.

Over at Suzuki B-King .org theres lots of usefull info there.

Not that many of these awesome bikes about but theres a couple of low km ones on TM atm.
    excellent info. the two low k one on TM is what prompted me to think ...hhmmm.Hardly ever seen one.

Thread Information