Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG RIP here we go again etc

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    On hiviz vests. They do make the bike/rider more visible in my practical driving and riding experience. I don't wear one, but if they were made compulsory I can't see how it could reduce my riding pleasure.

And Rastus is right. Fault means fuck all.

Cassina is a fuckwit.
    but hi vis just doesn't look cool

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I know I will be labeled as a religious nutter for saying this but lets assume there will be a judgement day and if there is it will be those with the least amount of sin (fault) that will likely make it to heaven. So being at fault when you die could end up with your after life not being so pleasant if there is one of course.
    there's a stairway to heaven and a highway to hell, this tells you a bit about the traffic volumes...

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Fuck off donut muncher, you're talking far too much sense, you don't belong here
    Strange. I had almost developed a sense if belonging.

Bike
    Street Triple R + Yamaha R3
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    I cant change everyone else's attitude. But I can change mine instantly.

It's free, and it makes an immense difference.
    Once again, I totally agree!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Bike
    > 1 < 10
    Fault makes a lot of difference as if there was no one at fault there would be no crashes so there needs to be incentives for people to never want to be found DEAD in the first place. I have posted what I would like to see happen there in that those found at fault not only get fined/imprisonsed but also end up paying a higher ACC premium for their actions.
    Riding in a way to give way to those that may not give way is limited to times when you have no following traffic that may likely rear end you for braking unexpectedly.
    I dont blame the crap roads at all. It just involves buying a bike that can handle them safer. For those who can not afford to change bikes for different roads they will forever blame the roads I guess.
    Ditching the bike altogether is the only way to reduce the chance of coming to grief and I was told by a bike cop at a motorcycle racing event once that even the police are not keen on wanting to ride a bike to patrol on.
    I know I will be labeled as a religious nutter for saying this but lets assume there will be a judgement day and if there is it will be those with the least amount of sin (fault) that will likely make it to heaven. So being at fault when you die could end up with your after life not being so pleasant if there is one of course.
    bwahahahahahahahahahahahaaha............confirmed. ..........you are a nutjob...you and EDBEAR should form a club..
    ***** POLITICIANS *****
    People Of Little Integrity Thieving Innocent Citizens Incomes And Need Shooting

*******KASPA*******
    Knavery Artificial Spurious Pretentious Arseholes

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Fuck off donut muncher, you're talking far too much sense, you don't belong here
    Strange. I had almost developed a sense of belonging.

Bike
    > 1 < 10
    keep up the FINE KB work there Rastus.....did ya see what i did there....hows retirement treatin ya
    ***** POLITICIANS *****

*******KASPA*******

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikemad View Post
    keep up the FINE KB work there Rastus.....did ya see what i did there....hows retirement treatin ya
    Never worked so hard in my life.

Feck yez all.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post

Can't say if he had Hi Viz on as i was in dumb arse cager mode with stereo cranked and reading KB posts on my phone
    ON phone - you prick someone call 555

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloggy View Post
    I would say that the fear of dying on a bike plays a big part in keeping me alive when riding.
    I would prefer to say the desire to remain alive and well played a big part in keeping me alive when riding (rather than the negative version "fear of dying") but even that isn't enough when... (see next quote below)

Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    I cant change everyone else's attitude. But I can change mine instantly.
    Realistically my attitude (we're assuming positive and proactive awareness and satisfactory skill level) is still no guarantee that major shit won't happen while on two wheels. Since selling the bike I seem to see even more riders for whom the first word that goes through my head is......."dickhead"
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    > 1 < 10
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I would prefer to say the desire to remain alive and well played a big part in keeping me alive when riding (rather than the negative version "fear of dying") but even that isn't enough when... (see next quote below)

Realistically my attitude (we're assuming positive and proactive awareness and satisfactory skill level) is still no guarantee that major shit won't happen while on two wheels. Since selling the bike I seem to see even more riders for whom the first word that goes through my head is......."dickhead"
    what do you mean...selling your bike?.......what??
    ***** POLITICIANS *****

*******KASPA*******

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Oh dear. Really?

It does explain a lot. I believe in reincarnation so it doesnt really matter what I do in this life because my next life will be better.

I don't think reincarnation gives you an automatic upgrade, being a lawyer you might come back as Traffic Warden.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    I don't think reincarnation gives you an automatic upgrade, being a lawyer you might come back as Traffic Warden.
    That could be an upgrade... sometimes traffic wardens are very nice people
    High miles, engine knock, rusty chrome, worn pegs...
    Brakes as new

Bike
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M50
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Andy View Post
    That could be an upgrade... sometimes traffic wardens are very nice people
    As John Cleese said about Donald Trump, "I don't see why he is complaining about being called a MORON - he should be pleased with the upgrade."
    There are two songs, "Stairway to Heaven" and "Highway to Hell" which I think give an indication of expected traffic flow

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    On hiviz vests. They do make the bike/rider more visible in my practical driving and riding experience.
    From what I've seen personally these days in this bubble wrapped hiviz society, the vests have some visual aid out in the open but inner city & urban environment there's so many wearing them it all just blends into one big collage of colours. And to the average "gotta be somewhere 5mins ago" joe behind the wheel almost a veil of invisibility for their monocular form of vision.

C is an obtuse POS

Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    i might try a white or (shudder) hi viz helmet next time.
    Canary Yellow.......Ala Joey Dunlop

Thread Information