Advertise with Kiwi Biker
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG RIP here we go again etc

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post

Can't say if he had Hi Viz on as i was in dumb arse cager mode with stereo cranked and reading KB posts on my phone
    ON phone - you prick someone call 555

CHEERS AND BEERS

Bike
    15 GSR750
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloggy View Post
    I would say that the fear of dying on a bike plays a big part in keeping me alive when riding.
    I would prefer to say the desire to remain alive and well played a big part in keeping me alive when riding (rather than the negative version "fear of dying") but even that isn't enough when... (see next quote below)

Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    I cant change everyone else's attitude. But I can change mine instantly.
    Realistically my attitude (we're assuming positive and proactive awareness and satisfactory skill level) is still no guarantee that major shit won't happen while on two wheels. Since selling the bike I seem to see even more riders for whom the first word that goes through my head is......."dickhead"
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    > 1 < 10
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I would prefer to say the desire to remain alive and well played a big part in keeping me alive when riding (rather than the negative version "fear of dying") but even that isn't enough when... (see next quote below)

Realistically my attitude (we're assuming positive and proactive awareness and satisfactory skill level) is still no guarantee that major shit won't happen while on two wheels. Since selling the bike I seem to see even more riders for whom the first word that goes through my head is......."dickhead"
    what do you mean...selling your bike?.......what??
    ***** POLITICIANS *****
    People Of Little Integrity Thieving Innocent Citizens Incomes And Need Shooting

*******KASPA*******
    Knavery Artificial Spurious Pretentious Arseholes

Bike
    Vespa PX200....he's a Mod Yeah Yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Oh dear. Really?

It does explain a lot. I believe in reincarnation so it doesnt really matter what I do in this life because my next life will be better.

I don't think reincarnation gives you an automatic upgrade, being a lawyer you might come back as Traffic Warden.
    Auckland: Where all your tax dollars go for tunnels and underground rail.

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000
    I don't think reincarnation gives you an automatic upgrade, being a lawyer you might come back as Traffic Warden.
    That could be an upgrade... sometimes traffic wardens are very nice people
    High miles, engine knock, rusty chrome, worn pegs...
    Brakes as new

Bike
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M50
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Andy View Post
    That could be an upgrade... sometimes traffic wardens are very nice people
    As John Cleese said about Donald Trump, "I don't see why he is complaining about being called a MORON - he should be pleased with the upgrade."
    There are two songs, "Stairway to Heaven" and "Highway to Hell" which I think give an indication of expected traffic flow

Bike
    00 ZX-12R, 80 XS750SE
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    On hiviz vests. They do make the bike/rider more visible in my practical driving and riding experience.
    From what I've seen personally these days in this bubble wrapped hiviz society, the vests have some visual aid out in the open but inner city & urban environment there's so many wearing them it all just blends into one big collage of colours. And to the average "gotta be somewhere 5mins ago" joe behind the wheel almost a veil of invisibility for their monocular form of vision.

C is an obtuse POS

Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    i might try a white or (shudder) hi viz helmet next time.
    Canary Yellow.......Ala Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Vespa PX200....he's a Mod Yeah Yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    From what I've seen personally these days in this bubble wrapped hiviz society, the vests have some visual aid out in the open but inner city & urban environment there's so many wearing them it all just blends into one big collage of colours. And to the average "gotta be somewhere 5mins ago" joe behind the wheel almost a veil of invisibility for their monocular form of vision.

C is an obtuse POS

Canary Yellow.......Ala Joey Dunlop

Time to start wearing the " Hi Viz with LED's" with red ones on the back.

https://www.rideawaystore.com/en-NZ/Harry-Hall-LED-Hi-Viz-Adjustable-Reflective-Tabard/r5052369.htm?colour=fluorescent+yellow&sku=405601&productid=117333&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping%20API&_$ja=tsid:|cid:912719231|agid:51223153808|tidla-302748035475|crid:216784845776|nw:g|rnd:8118288948 362726353|dvc:c|adp:1o1&gclid=CjwKCAiAxarQBRAmEiwA6YcGKARXj6f01HXIRqccJXul ZcWvVBcEQlVqF9v6apASUGN-6tzMr8ne1RoC_4cQAvD_BwE
    Auckland: Where all your tax dollars go for tunnels and underground rail.

Bike
    Old twin Thumper
    All true.

Make yourself more visible thru whatever means possible.
    Joe public are only concerned about themselves.

Will depend on what areas etc you are in. As to what you can do.

My OMG moments have been reducing.

It just means I need to concentrate more on my lack of stop, evasion and observation skills

Bike
    00 ZX-12R, 80 XS750SE
    Time to start wearing the " Hi Viz with LED's" with red ones on the back.

Bring back the BMW helmet that had the motion activated stop light across the back everytime you nodded your head the light blazed up

Bike
    suzuki
    Bring back the BMW helmet that had the motion activated stop light across the back everytime you nodded your head the light blazed up
    fuck me, what happens when the wobblehead indians rode, they'd run out of batteries fast

Bike
    00 ZX-12R, 80 XS750SE
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    fuck me, what happens when the wobblehead indians rode, they'd run out of batteries fast
    Pataks bobblehead brigade
    Just had a quick google to see if I could find a pic but see there's a new resurgence of ideas coming through for them with LED arrays etc. The Beemer one was a variation of the old golf ball style model helmet. Bit the same as when Suzuki rumoured the helmet with HUD in the mid/late 90s

Bike
    Harley, Marina & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Never worked so hard in my life.

Feck yez all.
    THAT'S the spirit!

And whose fault is it that you're working so hard? he? eh?
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 13,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000
    The hardest part must be the fact that being retired he can't stop an idiot talking simply by putting a hand on their shoulder...
    High miles, engine knock, rusty chrome, worn pegs...
    Brakes as new

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Bring back the motorists that actually look in their mirrors, and indicate 3 seconds before they merge into an adjacent lane. Closey today with 4wd but was watching them predicted it and held back...sure enough ...i'm invisible, ... they did get to hear my first use of the gooses's honky horn just to let them know the person with the standout white helmet and headlight blaring at them is still alive. Don't think if I was painted head to toe in hi viz would have made any difference.
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Welcome "Guest", please enjoy the wedding.

Thread Information