Advertise with Kiwi Biker
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG RIP here we go again etc

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Time to start wearing the " Hi Viz with LED's" with red ones on the back.

https://www.rideawaystore.com/en-NZ/Harry-Hall-LED-Hi-Viz-Adjustable-Reflective-Tabard/r5052369.htm?colour=fluorescent+yellow&sku=405601&productid=117333&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping%20API&_$ja=tsid:|cid:912719231|agid:51223153808|tidla-302748035475|crid:216784845776|nw:g|rnd:8118288948 362726353|dvc:c|adp:1o1&gclid=CjwKCAiAxarQBRAmEiwA6YcGKARXj6f01HXIRqccJXul ZcWvVBcEQlVqF9v6apASUGN-6tzMr8ne1RoC_4cQAvD_BwE
    If they don't look and see you, waste of time, avoid tin tops, ride defensively.
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Welcome "Guest", please enjoy the wedding.

Bike
    00 ZX-12R, 80 XS750SE
    Quote Originally Posted by granstar View Post
    Bring back the motorists that actually look in their mirrors, and indicate 3 seconds before they merge into an adjacent lane. Closey today with 4wd but was watching them predicted it and held back...sure enough ...i'm invisible, ... they did get to hear my first use of the gooses's honky horn just to let them know the person with the standout white helmet and headlight blaring at them is still alive. Don't think if I was painted head to toe in hi viz would have made any difference.
    Mirrors depending on the geographical location they have dual purposes these days: either an extension of the bathroom vanity unit so they can check their warpaint on their mugs or for checking the rugrats aren't killing each other in the back seat, and external mirrors are feeler gauges for rubbing up against other vehicles & garage doors

Mirrors or not most of those types you had a reality check with suffer ME syndrome and are totally oblivious to others around them, you could be there beside their door naked and they'd still be focused on themselves & just themselves.

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    Mirrors depending on the geographical location they have dual purposes these days: either an extension of the bathroom vanity unit so they can check their warpaint on their mugs or for checking the rugrats aren't killing each other in the back seat, and external mirrors are feeler gauges for rubbing up against other vehicles & garage doors

Mirrors or not most of those types you had a reality check with suffer ME syndrome and are totally oblivious to others around them, you could be there beside their door naked and they'd still be focused on themselves & just themselves.
    Exackerly trust no crunt.
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Welcome "Guest", please enjoy the wedding.

Bike
    BMW R1150GS
    Read the article. It does not say if a car hit the bikes - so I presume so. Riders die when cars are involved.

I don't subscribe to that dayglow garbage.

I watch out for myself by actively watching out for myself.

In traffic I sometimes switch on the hazards as flashing lights are easy to see.
    "May all your traffic lights be green and none of your curves have oncoming semis in them." Rocky, American Biker.
    "Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 18th C.

Bike
    Vespa PX200....he's a Mod Yeah Yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by rok-the-boat View Post
    Read the article. It does not say if a car hit the bikes - so I presume so. Riders die when cars are involved.

I watch out for myself by actively watching out for myself.

In traffic I sometimes switch on the hazards as flashing lights are easy to see.
    So the same 'cagers' who are blind to hi viz will see you filtering up behind them with your hazard lights on?

I watch out, but find my 360 degree vision taxed.
    Auckland: Where all your tax dollars go for tunnels and underground rail.

Bike
    The onus is on the passing vehicle to make sure their passing manoeuvre is safe, not the expectation of the driver in front looking out for you.

The car/truck/campervan/tuk tuk,taxi etc driver is not paying any attention to you- ride accordingly.

Can recommend a few weeks of riding in Vietnam and India to drive this home.

I sometimes wear Hi Viz but as mentioned it has just blended into the wallpaper of life, notice how no one takes any notice off the speed signs

around road works when its not busy.

Bike
    1982 HONDA CB750FC
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    The onus is on the passing vehicle to make sure their passing manoeuvre is safe, not the expectation of the driver in front looking out for you.

The car/truck/campervan/tuk tuk,taxi etc driver is not paying any attention to you- ride accordingly.

Can recommend a few weeks of riding in Vietnam and India to drive this home.

I sometimes wear Hi Viz but as mentioned it has just blended into the wallpaper of life, notice how no one takes any notice off the speed signs

around road works when its not busy.
    When I am in my car on the road to Akaroa I always look in my rear view mirror checking for group riders under pressure to keep up and I slow down to let them go if I can because I dont want them going splat on my car if they run out of road before the next bend.

Bike
    Honda Harley Suzuki Velocette and shit
    ...fuck off cunt...

Bike
    R1200RT and a small dog called Evan.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    When I am in my car on the road to Akaroa I always look in my rear view mirror checking for group riders under pressure to keep up and I slow down to let them go if I can because I dont want them going splat on my car if they run out of road before the next bend.
    Even if you are doing 120 on the Motukarara Straight keep looking in your mirrors.

There's almost always someone going faster.

Always use your mirrors. The CBTA standard is every 10 seconds or so, and when you are slowing down.

Don't do it because it's the CBTA standard. Do it because it's a good idea.

Bike
    Best you stay off the road and do some knitting or crosswords then pops.

Bike
    Old twin Thumper
    Prey to your GOD that your never at fault

Bike
    suzuki

not my cup of tea but in every dayglow there's the white night strips which are pretty damn good in after hours at attracting attention

Bike
    S1000RR
    I sometimes read the comments section while eating my popcorn.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    Prey to your GOD
    And that there, that's a Freudian slip ladies and gentlemen!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Even if you are doing 120 on the Motukarara Straight keep looking in your mirrors.

There's almost always someone going faster.

Always use your mirrors. The CBTA standard is every 10 seconds or so, and when you are slowing down.

Don't do it because it's the CBTA standard. Do it because it's a good idea.
    Motukarara straight you should be doing at LEAST 220, then the straight into the bends before Little River 240 plus or you're a filthy casual.
    if your arse is that tight why are you buying a Honda?. - AllanB

Thread Information