Page 116 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2124

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Ha, I'm pretty sure he will soon discover Hondas secret part. It is called the Marc Marquez. All JLo needs to do is sneak back to Ducati and have the Marc Marquez installed and the Ducati will start a dynasty of domination MWAHAHAHAHA
    A good point. I can't help thinking the Honda will be such a disappointment after this year's Ducati.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    you can see that the honda is much more agile than the duc.MM can make drastic line changes and seemingly put the Honda anywhere he likes.The duc still looks a slow turning stable as long wheelbase bike.I think JLO will get to grips with the honda more quickly.than the duc.I think MM and JLo are the most fearless in the paddock..What that may bring may give Honda some pause for thought about what the no 2 rider should bring.
    If i were a team manager i would not have two riders of the same ability

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    But it makes for great TV as they duke it out and even crash

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    But it makes for great TV as they duke it out and even crash
    they dont have to be in the same team to do that!

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Just when I start to get enthusiastic about Jorge, he says something twatish to ruin it.

Bike
    Blade '12
    you can see that the honda is much more agile than the duc.MM can make drastic line changes and seemingly put the Honda anywhere he likes.The duc still looks a slow turning stable as long wheelbase bike.I think JLO will get to grips with the honda more quickly.than the duc.I think MM and JLo are the most fearless in the paddock..What that may bring may give Honda some pause for thought about what the no 2 rider should bring.
    I thought that difference in agility was very noticeable at Aragon. MM is a master of brutal direction changes... not sure that matches JLo's approach but he is smart and adaptable.

Having JLO on the same team means he's not winning on somebody else's bike... intra team dynamics will be interesting

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    The difference between the bikes is much less now. Last year Marquez was passing the Ducatis on the inside at Turn 15, but he couldn't do it during this year's race.

Lorenzo on a Honda is going to be weird.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    The difference between the bikes is much less now. Last year Marquez was passing the Ducatis on the inside at Turn 15, but he couldn't do it during this year's race.
    It seemed to me the only real place MM had an massive advantage was braking in turn 12 with some lean angle, I think the Ducati is strong on the brakes but needs to be upright and in a straight line to do it, MM was getting awesome drive through 10-11 but it looked like the real advantage was in how he could break with it cranked over a bit. Everywhere else they looked pretty much even bar the straight where MM was able to stay with the Ducati but do nothing with it. Shame we never got to see Lorenzo go toe to toe as he has good history at that track and may know a line or two that Dovi doesn't when it comes to winning a battle.

Apparently CC crashed as he knew he had to pass DP and AE to go with the front group so pushed hard to do it. Surely if he was capable of going with the front group he wouldn't have struggled to pass an uncompetitive Aprilia and an off form Pedrosa though right???

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Apparently CC crashed as he knew he had to pass DP and AE to go with the front group so pushed hard to do it. Surely if he was capable of going with the front group he wouldn't have struggled to pass an uncompetitive Aprilia and an off form Pedrosa though right???
    seeing #35 on his arse, brightens my day !

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Unconfirmed reports that Danny Kent has been shit canned and lost his ride for the remainder of the season.

Be interesting to see him change to another championship to see if he can ride something other than a moto3 bike. He rode the Moto3 well but has blown it on every singe moto2 chassis that he's been put on. Saw an interview of him somewhere a month back where he said he can only bank on winning a title for so long and he's well aware his options are running out.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Unconfirmed reports that Danny Kent has been shit canned and lost his ride for the remainder of the season.

Be interesting to see him change to another championship to see if he can ride something other than a moto3 bike.
    His problems in Moto2 were originally not bike related. He was much more interested in his cell phone and his girlfriend than in riding the bike. Apparently he was something of a joke in the paddock and not in a good way. He was supposed to come back motivated and raring to go but sadly that hasn't worked out.

Maybe he could try for a ride in a BSB support class, I don't think he's ready to play with the big kids.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    ^ Or maybe WSS?
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    ^ Or maybe WSS?
    I bypassed that because unless he really got a grip he would probably get the boot from there too. Ana Carrasco might kick his arse on current form.

On another topic, overnight a Brit fan asked Oxley if Yamaha were in danger of attaining concessions under the rules. Apparently they would have to go a full season without a podium. They haven't done that yet but they do seem to be working quite hard at it. The Valancia test should give a hint as to the future, but what an embarrassment that would be.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I bypassed that because unless he really got a grip he would probably get the boot from there too. Ana Carrasco might kick his arse on current form.

On another topic, overnight a Brit fan asked Oxley if Yamaha were in danger of attaining concessions under the rules. Apparently they would have to go a full season without a podium. They haven't done that yet but they do seem to be working quite hard at it. The Valancia test should give a hint as to the future, but what an embarrassment that would be.
    I think the issue is the bike is currently at it's peak level where as the other bikes started the season with some room to improve the bike. Unless they bring something next year that's drastically better what will happen is the same thing, the Yamaha will be closeish for the first 3rd then when Ducati and Honda start improving they will be left behind once again.

It's either the bike is at it's peak or Rossi and Vinales aren't capable of working together to build something better.

Next season they are in for even more of a hard time with Jack Miller on a GP19 and Bags on a GP18, they're lucky Bautista is leaving! If the Suzuki's keep their current form and the Yamaha doesn't improve enough they will be lucky to have a top 10 most weekends. Up side of next year is they have Morbidelli to help with data on a full factory bike, after 1 year on the Honda he'll be ready to finish ahead of the factory boys a fair bit I'd say. Tough roads ahead if your name is Rossi or Vinales.

Bike
    Blade '12
    It's either the bike is at it's peak or Rossi and Vinales aren't capable of working together to build something better.
    No no no. They're lucky to have Rossi because he is a master of bike development and setup... apparently.

Thread Information