Page 128 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2124

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Odd things in Sepang:
    Rins fastest qualifier.
    One of Rins bikes went up in flames in the pits.
    MM has been holding the bike up on his elbow again.
    And again.
    4 times they showed on motogp .com

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    The bike on fire is weird though. It has no disks or brakes fitted, and the front guard looks different than normal.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    The bike on fire is weird though. It has no disks or brakes fitted, and the front guard looks different than normal.
    Wouldn't be the first time a private team needed the insurance money....I've got a koni shock here which allegedly came off a certain F5000 car which went up in flames. No sign of smoke or fire damage....

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Alright it's rained enough. Now fuck off some of us have qualifying to watch.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    It was reported on social media that Rins said he liked the way the "heat treated" frame handled, he felt it was a definite improvement. That idea could catch on, Yamaha might be tempted to have "heat treatment" sessions in the pits?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Exercycle
    It was reported on social media that Rins said he liked the way the "heat treated" frame handled, he felt it was a definite improvement. That idea could catch on, Yamaha might be tempted to have "heat treatment" sessions in the pits?
    Certainly be a bit softer. Most are now done in an air/time hardening alloy so it'll be back to normal by the end of the season.

Lotus had an F1 car burn to the ground in the spaceframe days. Mild steel tube, gas welded. Being short of cash, it got reused. It was said to be the only one of that model the engine and box didn't have to be fitted using a crowbar. Nicely stress relieved.

Bike
    motocompo
    It wasn't much of a heat treatment if all the bike allegedly needed afterward to make it run was a wiring loom and no major components.
    https://www.autosport.com/motogp/new...lane-fire-bike
    Combine that with Drews observations, along with this "heat treatment" bullshit, I smell a rat.
    It's hardly like it would have been evenly heated, or even very hot.
    I've seen a few engine bay fires, not pretty.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    They have brought the race start times forward to try and avoid the rain. Moto3 is 3 PM, Moto2 4:20 and MotoGP 6 PM.

Sky hasn't changed their programme times.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    It wasn't much of a heat treatment if all the bike allegedly needed afterward to make it run was a wiring loom and no major components..
    Guess that depends on what they call major components? Also, note the new model lightweight front brakes.

For those who like to ponder unanswered questions, why is nobody grabbing that bloody extinguisher?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8hv1ui28_suzuki-fire-motogp-2018-sepang_625x300_01_November_18.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	339364  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    The bikes regularly travel on "travel" wheels and tyres in their boxes, with no brakes etc. The tyre manufacturers don't like their tyres far from there control....so they just have some "stock" rubber peeled on quite often with some wording cut in into the tread transport only do not use or whatever. The discs are so big, the have to take calipers with the discs and use dry break lines. No point putting all the discs and calipers on when they have to come off again

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    The bikes regularly travel on "travel" wheels and tyres in their boxes, with no brakes etc. The tyre manufacturers don't like their tyres far from there control....so they just have some "stock" rubber peeled on quite often with some wording cut in into the tread transport only do not use or whatever. The discs are so big, the have to take calipers with the discs and use dry break lines. No point putting all the discs and calipers on when they have to come off again
    I would guess they use different sized disks at each track too depending on the braking zones and weather to get the temp right so would be swapping em out eventually any ways

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    I would guess they use different sized disks at each track too depending on the braking zones and weather to get the temp right so would be swapping em out eventually any ways
    And I think they still switch from carbon to steel discs in the wet. I briefly tried to spot that last night but the bike I was watching had big covers over the brake discs.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    And I think they still switch from carbon to steel discs in the wet. I briefly tried to spot that last night but the bike I was watching had big covers over the brake discs.
    They were carbon I think, the covers were there to keep the heat in em.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Enjoyed that, moto3 , moto2 and then oops after leading sooooo long . Bugger

can't tell ya more !

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    One word for it -
Thread Information