Page 137 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2124

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    What Ducati need to do is get a true champion on their bike. They need to buy Rossi out of his Yamaha contract and get him on what is now the best bike in the field.
    Rossi could not win on a Ducati before - what makes you think he can win now?

Honda beat Ducati for the teams championship by 46 points - how can you claim Ducati are a better bike?
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post

Honda beat Ducati for the teams championship by 46 points - how can you claim Ducati are a better bike?
    Which is amazing considering DP had his worst season ever this year. CC stepped up a bit and didn't chuck it as much though which helped.

I'd say the Ducati is close to being the best bike and as soon as Jack Miller and Bags take over the 2 factory seats we'll see just how epic it is. Bring that shit

Bike
    Blade '12
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Mind if I just file that away in case I need it later?
    Knock yourself out if you don't mind a few 'flounder' jokes next time he falls off when MM gets to +0.5 on his pit board :-)

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Which is amazing considering DP had his worst season ever this year. CC stepped up a bit and didn't chuck it as much though which helped.
    Possibly more amazing is that Marquez would have won the rider's championship by over 100 points if he hadn't fitted the medium rain tyres at Valencia.

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L02 using Tapatalk

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries

Well, at least I hooked one

Bike
    Blade '12
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Well, at least I hooked one
    Patience is definitely a virtue :-)

Bike
    bandit
    W
    I'd say the Ducati is close to being the best bike and as soon as Jack Miller and Bags take over the 2 factory seats we'll see just how epic it is. Bring that shit

See - what most of you have missed - and what I was expecting in response, is that it is not the bike or the rider - it is the combination of the bike and the rider - as Rossi proved when he first moved to Yamaha from Honda

best rider took on what was considered a shit bike - worked with the team and the built a bike Rossi could race and win on ..

Remember South Africa in 2004? No-one expected Rossi to place anywhere - and he went out and won.

The winning combination is the rider and the bike ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries

As Shaun said when he won the TT, You have to have the complete package. That's true, but too few guys get that opportunity in GPs. If Aprilia, KTM and Suzuki can keep on improving there could be more riders with a competitive package. Then we all win.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    There is a misconception that the best rider can make any bike work. In truth that's true of only two riders that I can think of, and they're both from Australia. And even then, there's a real possibility that Stoner suited the Ducati and the Honda he got was so fucken good he couldn't help but win.

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    There is a misconception that the best rider can make any bike work. In truth that's true of only two riders that I can think of, and they're both from Australia. And even then, there's a real possibility that Stoner suited the Ducati and the Honda he got was so fucken good he couldn't help but win.
    14 years ago I'd say it was right about Rossi. Went from the RC211-V to the M1, from 2 championships to 2 wins. Admittedly, the bike had almost a total overhaul between the '03 and '04 seasons but it was still great to watch. It would be like if Marquez signed for Suzuki (hell, or Yamaha) for the next year and still dominated. Or if Jonathan Rea switched to a Honda in WSBK

Nobody seems to have the balls to do that anymore
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    R100GSPD
    See - what most of you have missed - and what I was expecting in response, is that it is not the bike or the rider - it is the combination of the bike and the rider - as Rossi proved when he first moved to Yamaha from Honda

best rider took on what was considered a shit bike - worked with the team and the built a bike Rossi could race and win on ..

Remember South Africa in 2004? No-one expected Rossi to place anywhere - and he went out and won.

and possibly even more under rated...the team

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    14 years ago I'd say it was right about Rossi. Went from the RC211-V to the M1, from 2 championships to 2 wins. Admittedly, the bike had almost a total overhaul between the '03 and '04 seasons but it was still great to watch. It would be like if Marquez signed for Suzuki (hell, or Yamaha) for the next year and still dominated. Or if Jonathan Rea switched to a Honda in WSBK

Nobody seems to have the balls to do that anymore
    If the media is correct Zarco had the chance at a Honda and chose KTM instead.
    That took balls but I fear it won't pay off for him as the bike is just too far away.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    If the media is correct Zarco had the chance at a Honda and chose KTM instead.
    That took balls but I fear it won't pay off for him as the bike is just too far away.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
    https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...-mind/4304256/

Good luck Zarco!

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    I see Lorenzo is 7th, not much slower than Nakagami and Marquez. Considering he's still slightly broken, looks like he'll be fine on the Honda.

Bike
    Blade '12
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    I see Lorenzo is 7th, not much slower than Nakagami and Marquez. Considering he's still slightly broken, looks like he'll be fine on the Honda.
    Shame he's not able to talk much until the end of the year. I would love to know his impressions so far.

Thread Information