Page 140 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142 LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2124

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    I think KTM started out with the idea that throwing resources at MotoGP was the answer. Now I think they might understand the scale of the problem.
    It's worked for them in other series. However, they're finding out MotoGP is different. It's all refine, evolve, refine, evolve, repeat etc. Throwing resources at something won't get you to the same point when everybody else has been refining things for over 10 years (from 990cc -> 800cc -> current ).
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Trouble in Paradise?

Alberto Puig never struck me as a "nice" man. It would seem to be him that made Pedro appear to be a surly little bugger way back when. It was probably him got Hayden the shaft in favour of Pedro when Hayden had the title.

Puig has done an interview in Spain and has been uncomplimentary about his old pupil. He's also commented about Rossi but I've yet to read what he said there. Pedro though appears upset and has replied, although it's heavy going for those of us who rely on Google translate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Duid68ZXQAAXaNY.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	204.7 KB 
ID:	339909  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    When Lorenzo signed for Honda, all of the stories were that Puig was behind it, partly to force Dani out. I can't help thinking that all of this could have been handled much better.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Puig hasn't got a good name in the paddock from what I have heard. Comments I hear regular are that, he's a bit of a prick !
    ( but I haven't met him personally to judge !).

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    I don't understand why Honda put Puig in the position they have given him. Surely there was someone else that could have done the job better?
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Puig has no right to comment on Dani considering his own racing results...

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    From what I understand Puig is a tosser, but he's a political animal. The reason he's running the Honda MotoGP team is because he plays the politics game so damn well. For quite a while he was the guy who brought Honda the golden boy, except that Dani didn't win the championship at all and Emilio Alzamora brought Marc Marquez through. That screwed up Puig's position so he bailed to the Red Bull Cup and came back at things from a different angle. Now, he's had Lorenzo fall into his lap.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    From what I understand Puig is a tosser, but he's a political animal.
    I did read an article that made the case that it's just as well there is sport, otherwise the likes of Puig and Livio Suppo would be trying to rule the world.

Puig must have been an effective talent spotter. He was mentoring four young blokes with a block of four numbers, two of which were 26 and 27. Chaz Davies may have been the third, I can't recall who the fourth one was. Although I note that Toni Elias runs 24.

Update: In 2001 Joan Olive ran 25 in the same team as Elias 24. Still, I'm not sure that those are the four in question though.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Puig lost his job because Pedrosa fired him. Which also led to his best few shots at the title so read into that what you will. Sounds like a real wanker though.

Puig got very lucky to sign Lorenzo but going off the press he was going to take pretty much anyone anyways. I hope Dani gives KTM all the info they need so they can smash Honda in the upcoming years in return for his comments.
    Going to take a while though as they haven't yet maxed a package I don't think before moving on to another set up. Iannone commented similar on the Aprilia that there is still some time to be found in what they have. Shame you can't just guess the perfect design but the odds on that would be pretty damn low

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Puig lost his job because Pedrosa fired him.
    His job was talent spotter/developer. Dani telling him to piss off wasn't as much of a set back as it would seem as Dani wasn't living up to the expectations Puig put on him. Once he got away from Puig, Dani started riding much better and got better results. He also turned out to be a much nicer bloke. However, Alzamora turning up with both of the Marquez brothers and a couple of others in tow totally blew Puig out of the water, after all, if he was so good at spotting talent why hadn't he gotten onto them. So he went to a job that would get him maximum exposure to new talent. Problem is, running the Red Bull MotoGP Academy shouldn't lead to running the Honda MotoGP team. The only thing I can think of is he saw an opportunity, went after it and scored big.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Going to take a while though as they haven't yet maxed a package I don't think before moving on to another set up. Iannone commented similar on the Aprilia that there is still some time to be found in what they have. Shame you can't just guess the perfect design but the odds on that would be pretty damn low

Iannone may have learnt a few things about development at Suzuki. With Bradley Smith as the test rider, they may be the surprise of 2019. Can't wait for next season, we are planning a trip to the UK and hopefully can fit in a side trip to somewhere the wife would like in Spain or Italy at the same time as a race.

Bike
    1993, Honda RVF400
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Trouble in Paradise?

although it's heavy going for those of us who rely on Google translate.
    and this for those that habla Ingles https://www.gpone.com/en/2018/12/17/...gn=gponedotcom

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    I don't understand why Honda put Puig in the position they have given him. Surely there was someone else that could have done the job better?
    Spanish sponsorship dollars its the same reason he had a works bike himself.
    Back when it was tobacco money it was the Aussies and the Yanks.
    puig never finished the 250s higher than 6th in 7 seasons >he never even won a 250 race out of 55 starts
    Yet got a NSR500 for the top class after those results. Yet even then with the best bike in the field he only won i race out of about 70 starts
    At least his compatriot criville won some championships before being gifted a Nsr500 ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Mat Oxley has an unusually frank and forthcoming interview with Jorge.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...-jorge-lorenzo

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Thread Information