Page 15 of 142 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Those lap times are best over the whole day Pritch fastest for the day not the last hour
    Not really.

Lorenzo went out on sticky tyres early, before the track heated up. It worked, he did the fastest ever lap of Sepang on two wheels. Most of the others did their fast runs in the last hour as it cooled a bit.

Some of the riders did a lot of laps in the heat of the day, when the bikes have less power and the track has less grip. That, after all, is when they hold the race. Guys who have done two hours or more in that heat though may not be in any condition to go for a fast lap in the last hour. The ones that were chasing a fast lap did it late in the day after their testing programme was completed and the conditions were more conducive to a fast time.

Basically at Sepang the fast times will be early or late in the day. Probably similar at Buriram.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Few riders comments on Lorenzo on the 18 -

"He's riding it like the Yamaha" in relation to how he is getting it to turn. Here's hoping he snatches the title to show the haters up

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    I take the above back. GO DANI!!!

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Watching after the flag on the GP site, sooo impressed with Simon Crafars perspective/input/opinion.
    Great choice!
    I was just watching that last night and yeah, great value!

Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Few riders comments on Lorenzo on the 18 -

"He's riding it like the Yamaha" in relation to how he is getting it to turn. Here's hoping he snatches the title to show the haters up
    I'm so torn.. I mean, I've disliked Lorenzo since he's been in the 250cc class.. He's a very talented rider, no denying that, but his personality just rubs me up the wrong way. But now he rides for my favourite Marque At least they still have Dovi haha!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    I'm so torn.. I mean, I've disliked Lorenzo since he's been in the 250cc class.. He's a very talented rider, no denying that, but his personality just rubs me up the wrong way.

Lorenzo does rub people the wrong way. Mat Oxley upset him a few days back with the headline to his most recent column. Lorenzo posted on Twitter to the effect, "Always a but or an if." HIs fan bois then ganged up on Oxley who was moved to explain that the "but" did not actually refer to Lorenzo.

"Jorge Lorenzo and Ducati left everyone trailing after three days at Sepang, but the most important news happened off the track."

OK, English is not Lorenzo's first language but he was being just a bit too sensitive.

The article is here: https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...motogp-testing

There is big discussion now about grid girls being done away with in F1. Doesn't bother me I don't watch F1, the girls would have been the most interesting part, the racing is a fucking big yawn. Some people are agitating for Dorna to follow suit. Others are against any change. Amy Dargan, one of the TV journos, is best qualified to comment, she used to do the brolly dolly thing when she was a student. She enjoyed the work, she needed the money, she met her partner there and it helped her get her TV job. Can't be all bad.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post

There is big discussion now about grid girls being done away with in F1. Doesn't bother me I don't watch F1, the girls would have been the most interesting part, the racing is a fucking big yawn. Some people are agitating for Dorna to follow suit. Others are against any change. Amy Dargan, one of the TV journos, is best qualified to comment, she used to do the brolly dolly thing when she was a student. She enjoyed the work, she needed the money, she met her partner there and it helped her get her TV job. Can't be all bad.
    This take on it by a woman hits the mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwMB...ature=youtu.be

If the argument is the girls should be racing the cars (hoping this won't affect MotoGP and motorcycles yet), what actually is stopping them now from doing that, except they are not inclined to want to do that?
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post

If the argument is the girls should be racing the cars (hoping this won't affect MotoGP and motorcycles yet), what actually is stopping them now from doing that, except they are not inclined to want to do that?
    Some do - and are very good at it too. I've told a couple of young women that the sky's the limit for them as in my experience it's much easier to get sponsorship dollars for a girlie...It opens up sponsors that would never go near a young man.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    If they get rid of the grid girls maybe some of the riders will remove part of their kit and pose. Oops! This is Michael Laverty. Brother Eugene did a gentle piss take.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DU-GcMeX4AYVo4x.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	335031  

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    If they get rid of the grid girls maybe some of the riders will remove part of their kit and pose. Oops! This is Michael Laverty. Brother Eugene did a gentle piss take.

They couldnt do modelling now Pritch they look all positively under nourished.

Which brings me to a subject I was going to mention

I noticed Rossi looking quite Gaunt last season and now they all are loosing so much weight they all look the same this season except maybe Pedro and MM.
    Petruchi especially has also lost sooo much and Crutchlow.
    I 'm thinking Rossi wanted an advantage has he was getting on, is a bit bigger and weight was one of his trump cards? Now they are all skin and bone.

Guess its cheaper a few kilo's off the rider as the bike is engineered already with the least weight it can be Vs strength/handling.
    And cost thousands to engineer to get each kilo off.

Even in our world on a post classic thou - 1 kilo = 1HP so a GP bike could well be more???
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    I got totally pissed off at how much coverage he got for leaving and virtually nothing was said about Dylan Gray. I was much more interested in what Dylan was doing.
    Is this btt coverage as i only get to dl the motogp as got rid of sky just to save money . athough to be fair it was really mainely why i had sky tv. doco,s are way cool too . how much is the offical dorna video feed cost . as is it okay on standred asdl . seems to have a few bonus vids too.

I do like the btt broadcasts though alot extra content. am getting bit omg when it start again . i really like the speedway solo world thing too.

On the subject of commentrys wasint that chap that retired . i got a shock when i saw thim big bererly gentleman juilian looked nothing like the voice.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    They couldnt do modelling now Pritch they look all positively under nourished.

Which brings me to a subject I was going to mention

I noticed Rossi looking quite Gaunt last season and now they all are loosing so much weight they all look the same this season except maybe Pedro and MM.
    Petruchi especially has also lost sooo much and Crutchlow.
    I 'm thinking Rossi wanted an advantage has he was getting on, is a bit bigger and weight was one of his trump cards? Now they are all skin and bone.
    yes i thought the same too . when your middle aged like me you get chubby fab in the face skin sags . then when you 70,s old u can get hallow in the checks and the opposite, he looked like the 70,s thing.

When they retire they seem age real fast grey hair its take alot out of them
    The pressure of the lets face its a Biz there in the show. constant promo. and the sheer brutal concentration of the shaving milsec of a lap time.
    I personally think that takes more a toll than they physical work out.

Guess its cheaper a few kilo's off the rider as the bike is engineered already with the least weight it can be Vs strength/handling.

Even in our world on a post classic thou - 1 kilo = 1HP so a GP bike could well be more???
    I think just he has to work harder at being older but more how the face and skin are at 40 over the 20-30,s but he did look bit over done.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    nooo i got bigger boobs than some of the pit girls they pay me to wear more.

I dont know how people wear leather suits in the heat of nz let alone the hot places of the world. that and bloody hot engine no thanks

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    There was comment about this, particularly with regard to Petrucci. Apparently the main motivator is tyre wear. The rear I think.

Bike
    Various things
    A pic for the Pedro fans out there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pedro.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	335035

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    Is this btt coverage as i only get to dl the motogp as got rid of sky just to save money . athough to be fair it was really mainely why i had sky tv. doco,s are way cool too . how much is the offical dorna video feed cost . as is it okay on standred asdl . seems to have a few bonus vids too.

I do like the btt broadcasts though alot extra content. am getting bit omg when it start again . i really like the speedway solo world thing too.

On the subject of commentrys wasint that chap that retired . i got a shock when i saw thim big bererly gentleman juilian looked nothing like the voice.
    motogp.com coverage. This year the commentary team looks to be Steve Day, Neal Morrisson (I think?) and Simon Crafar.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    A pic for the Pedro fans out there.
    dani needs a rear aerofoil too

Thread Information