Page 24 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Got both tanks but never run the large. I'd rather stop more often. Never liked the protruding gas cap on the big one.
    Find me a new can (original past it now) and I'll be your slave for ever.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Got both tanks but never run the large. I'd rather stop more often. Never liked the protruding gas cap on the big one.
    Find me a new can (original past it now) and I'll be your slave for ever.
    That, and they totally ruin the lovely slimline look the small tank gives them. You mean std exhaust?

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    http://www.crash.net/motogp/results/...-times-tuesday

Moto2 testing going on and Joan Mir absent again.

I'm sad as I was looking forward to see how he was going. Oh well...

Bags on top, had to google who Iker Lecuona was as he was no where last year, wiki said he'd had a bad back injury though so perhaps he'll be an unanticipated contender? Fenanti looking good too, hope his crew no how to duck though when he's not getting his way. Moto2's going to be the KTM vs Kalex cup.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post

had to google who Iker Lecuona was as he was no where last year, wiki said he'd had a bad back injury though so perhaps he'll be an unanticipated contender? Fenanti looking good too, hope his crew no how to duck though when he's not getting his way. Moto2's going to be the KTM vs Kalex cup.
    That list has a slightly odd look to it. Fenati came in to GPs with the tag "special" and he didn't waste any time getting a win but since then he's blown hot and cold. If he has a repeat of his tantrums nobody will touch him with a barge pole.

Quateraro is another who came with a big rep, Dorna even changed the rules for him, but he's languishing in mid field. Still it's only testing and the order at the end of the season might be very different.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    That list has a slightly odd look to it. Fenati came in to GPs with the tag "special" and he didn't waste any time getting a win but since then he's blown hot and cold. If he has a repeat of his tantrums nobody will touch him with a barge pole.

Quateraro is another who came with a big rep, Dorna even changed the rules for him, but he's languishing in mid field. Still it's only testing and the order at the end of the season might be very different.
    Fenati is too much of a hot head. I was thinking he was another Danny Kent type, in Moto3 so long that he eventually got good enough to challenge week in week out but didn't have the raw talent of some of the younger riders coming through. Dovi has shown us not to judge riders too early so there is hope for the likes of Fenati, Quatararo, Alex Marquez yet. He's definitely a very talented rider and his riding style on the Moto3 bike was interesting last year with his sweeping lines, be interesting to see if he's riding the Moto2 bike like that and if it works well? Moto2 worth watching this year again!

Quatararo was shifted up to Moto2 too early, not sure why they do that to riders who aren't performing in Moto3, chuck em on a more powerful bike in hope that they suddenly find the confidence to start winning? Lots going on in the background that we don't know about with sponsors, managers etc.

Bike
    77 XL250
    I gather Quatararo was getting too big for Moto3 hence the move. I would have to rate Fenati as a contender. I reckon he is an Iannone type with heaps of natural talent and no discipline.

Oliveira for the title though
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    I gather Quatararo was getting too big for Moto3 hence the move. I would have to rate Fenati as a contender. I reckon he is an Iannone type with heaps of natural talent and no discipline.

Oliveira for the title though
    Danny Kent was lucky the KTM was bollocks for half the year when he got his title else it would have been Olivera getting the crown I reckon.
    Only problem I see with that prediction comes with the name Bag-in-ya-arrrggghhhh. He's going to be right up there all season

Was thinking Kalex haven't really had to do much for the last few years to make their bike better as they've had no one having a serious crack at them, the end of last season may have been a wake up call and they'll be rolling out a much better bike for 2018 perhaps now that KTM have thrown down a big arsed gauntlet. Good split of talent on both bikes though so it will be a case of the bike as much as the nutter on top.

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Was thinking Kalex haven't really had to do much for the last few years to make their bike better as they've had no one having a serious crack at them, the end of last season may have been a wake up call and they'll be rolling out a much better bike for 2018 perhaps now that KTM have thrown down a big arsed gauntlet. Good split of talent on both bikes though so it will be a case of the bike as much as the nutter on top.
    I'm wondering if they're focussing more on their designs for when they switch to Trumpy engines in 2019?

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Marc VDS seem keen to move away from Honda. Looks like they're talking to Suzuki for 2019, but there's also the Yamaha satellite team that's empty.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    Marc VDS seem keen to move away from Honda. Looks like they're talking to Suzuki for 2019, but there's also the Yamaha satellite team that's empty.
    No cunts going to want their sat bikes now that they've said we'll ditch you soon as Rossi makes up his mind.
    Bet ya top dollar that the VR46 bikes will be full factory too. Yamaha haven't made the smartest decisions of late both with the bike and with management, lets hope they pull their heads out of their arses asap as Motogp need Yamaha in the mix week in week out.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Bet ya top dollar that the VR46 bikes will be full factory too.
    Honda have occasionally fielded a third factory bike (Dovi and now Crutchlow come to mind) Yamaha though have refused, two factory bikes has been their limit. But Rossi...
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Honda have occasionally fielded a third factory bike (Dovi and now Crutchlow come to mind) Yamaha though have refused, two factory bikes has been their limit. But Rossi...
    They might just run 3 bikes for a year or so to keep Zarco in the fold. They might also tell Rossi to fuck off and start the team to keep Zarco??
    There is also no Guarantee someone like Suzuki or Aprilla might want VR46 as a full factory team effort.
    Yamaha certainly need more than two top bikes on the grid.

Here's an Idea Rossi to join Kawasaki in a new team set up.

I dont think we can speculate to much money and politics involved. What will be will be.

KTM will be after Zarco that's for sure, now they got Tech 3 all they need is an Alien _ Pedrosa????
    Not silly them KTM boys this is a bit of a cue thats for sure!!
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    KTM will be after Zarco that's for sure, now they got Tech 3 all they need is an Alien _ Pedrosa????
    Not silly them KTM boys this is a bit of a cue thats for sure!!
    Actually read a gossip article in another language (yes I'm that sad) using translate that stated this rumour.
    Can't see Pedrosa going to another team unless the bikes competitive though, that said put him on it and it may very well be .4 faster a lap over race distance and suddenly right in the mix, as that's all they seem to be missing at the moment considering how close they have finished to the other bikes by the end of 17... Impressive stuff from KTM.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Can't see Pedrosa going to another team unless the bikes competitive though,

There is online speculation from some of the pundits that Pedro may be moving at years end. There was an article a while back, by a former team manager IIRC, that said some of the factories have been doing it wrong. In "the old days" they would hire experienced riders to develop the new bikes, when the bike was sorted then sign the young guns. On that basis Pedro would be an asset to KTM or Aprilia - or Suzuki.

Suzuki have clearly fucked up in this regard which must be a blow to the reputation of Davide Brivio who was reponsible for persuading Rossi to leave Honda for Yamaha.

Bike
    1993, Honda RVF400
    Blog Entries
    Suzuki have clearly fucked up in this regard which must be a blow to the reputation of Davide Brivio who was reponsible for persuading Rossi to leave Honda for Yamaha.
    Admittedly, last year was a disaster for Suzuki. With Rins injured and AI all over the show. But I think that Brivio was making the best of a shitty situation. They lost their rising star, Vinales. And treated Espargaro poorly. So, I guess that the Maniac and Rins were the best they could do given their budget and bike. Did it ruin his Rep, I have no idea, can't of helped though.

I reckon Rins will come good this year and will put the Suzuki on the podium at least once.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thread Information