Page 2 of 142 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Honda is a cunt to ride
    Yamaha is not a cunt to ride
    Well the honda riders did OK, the yamaha ones, not so much.

Cheers

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    The two aliens you mean?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    The two aliens you mean?
    Even Scrotebag Miller went ok on one...

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    I reckon old Lorenzo may be at the front more often next season. It's far too long a wait now.

MM for #7.
    Yeah Nah - Lorenzo did to pretty good in a few races, but then his team mate who has pretty much been a journeyman through out his career (granted a speedy one who has had a lot of shit luck) won plenty of races on the same bike. Lorenzo will likely win a race or two next year, but I seriously doubt he will challenge for the championship.
    Spot on regarding MM, unless Yamaha give MV the perfect bike (should slip Zarco a factory bike while they are at it) - then it will be all on!

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Yeah Nah - Lorenzo did to pretty good in a few races, but then his team mate who has pretty much been a journeyman through out his career (granted a speedy one who has had a lot of shit luck) won plenty of races on the same bike. Lorenzo will likely win a race or two next year, but I seriously doubt he will challenge for the championship.
    Spot on regarding MM, unless Yamaha give MV the perfect bike (should slip Zarco a factory bike while they are at it) - then it will be all on!
    I think simply because Dovi has been on the thing for so long, he's more used to it's *quirks* and was able to ride it to it's strengths better than Lorenzo. Lorenzo has been on a Yamaha all his Moto GP life, and pretty sure you couldn't get two GP bikes more different. I reckon he'll get his head/style round it better next year. But all credit to Dovi. Part of me wanted to see him win the title. But now MM is my new BF, glad he got it. Hope to see him win more than nine titles you see...

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    I think simply because Dovi has been on the thing for so long, he's more used to it's *quirks* and was able to ride it to it's strengths better than Lorenzo. Lorenzo has been on a Yamaha all his Moto GP life, and pretty sure you couldn't get two GP bikes more different. I reckon he'll get his head/style round it better next year. But all credit to Dovi. Part of me wanted to see him win the title. But now MM is my new BF, glad he got it. Hope to see him win more than nine titles you see...
    ...I followed F1 around Europe for a couple or three seasons when Ayrton Senna came along as a kid and really rocked the boat...he was so good and so easy to dislike, (for me anyway)... very hard not to admire his skill and winning ways but still like MM a while back, easy to get fucked off with...he was touted to be the 'greatest'...very sad end to what could have been the 'GOAT', as they were predicting...I'd hate to lose a man like MM to that kind of shit, but he puts himself in the lap of the Gods every time he gets on that Honda and pushes the way he does...it's a vicious game and all the skill and bravery mean fuck all if it goes tits up...I think he deserves every accolade he gets...the Doctor is back next year...Go Vale...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    One of the pundits, David Emmett(?) was saying that Dovi should now be Ducati number 1 and that'll mean he gets first crack at the new parts. Dovi impressed me at PI years ago when riding 250s, he was up with the best. If he can stay near the front of the field next year that won't upset me at all.

Here's hoping Yamaha can sort their grip problem. The track was a bit misleading during the test because it had a good covering of Michelin rubber whereas in the race there was a lot of Dunlop rubber on the track. The factory that can best use the Michelin tyres will have a big advantage in the championship. Yamaha have not been doing so well in that regard.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    .the Doctor is back next year...Go Vale...
    Title number ten will only ever be won if he *retires* to Superbikes.

https://www.superbikeplanet.com/moto...018-session-2/

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    One of the pundits, David Emmett(?) was saying that Dovi should now be Ducati number 1
    Absolutely. You reward results to get results. Six wins vs none for his teammate. I think he's the only rider in MotoGP to beat MM93 when Marquez started the last lap in the lead (can't verify that however). No question Dovi should be the number 1 rider for Ducati at the start of the 2018 season.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    Absolutely. You reward results to get results. Six wins vs none for his teammate. I think he's the only rider in MotoGP to beat MM93 when Marquez started the last lap in the lead (can't verify that however). No question Dovi should be the number 1 rider for Ducati at the start of the 2018 season.
    Especially after JL did nothing to help in the final race. I try to find something about JL to like and he'll get close then he'll decide he doesn't know what Map 8 is.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    You see what you want to see I guess. I could see JL was faster in the final sectors and Dovi in the first few. JL towed him up to DP so it was the right call, simple fact was DP b JZ would have had them covered even if they didn't fall off (hence why they fell off keeping up). So immaterial if he should have let him through, he had no chance of winning on that Sunday

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Especially after JL did nothing to help in the final race. I try to find something about JL to like and he'll get close then he'll decide he doesn't know what Map 8 is.
    I think it was Mat Oxley was saying he tries to find something lovable about Jorge. When JL came back a week after breaking his collarbone a few years back that was impressive, but he really doesn't go out of his way to win friends. If he's not careful he'll have no friends to share the good times with when he retires. Apart from Marquez of course.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    R100GSPD
    I have been a long time fan of Dovi since he was riding the Honda 250 against JL on an Aprilia 250.I think that this year was a slight anomoly.Dovi has always been good itn the wet,I think he is a very clever analytical rider.I think he has a very good senseof where the limit is and rides near it.He also has a very good way of managing the tyres.This year the bikes and tyres have been more mismatched than any time recently and this palyed directly to Dovis strengths.I beleive that next year the bikes and tyres will be better matched and the usual suspects will be riding closer to the limits than Dovi will.I hope i am wrong

Bike
    08R6 Race bike
    Code:
    subscribed
    u u
    b  b
    s   s
    c    c
    r     r
    i      i
    b       b
    e        e
    d         d
    Funny how the code tags remove capitalisation.

No Macros for you!
    Can I scream?

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I think it was Mat Oxley was saying he tries to find something lovable about Jorge. When JL came back a week after breaking his collarbone a few years back that was impressive, but he really doesn't go out of his way to win friends. If he's not careful he'll have no friends to share the good times with when he retires. Apart from Marquez of course.
    Do you guys seriously think JL gives a fucking shit what people like Oxley and you guys think? Sitting back in his 5 million dollar home? They guy has more testosterone in his missing finger than Oxley has in his entire body.

He's a FIVE time world fucking champion. Prob the best guy I've ever seen on a 250. Seriously guys. Get. A. Fucking. Grip.

Thread Information